What's new

Match-up Discussion Final Verdict -> Jade vs Kenshi

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You guys played awesome. I enjoyed a lot watching.
And as for others, you are all ignorants!
What I saw were a lot of rounds ending with Kenshi having less than 20% of life and both players with approx. the same amount of meter. This is not a sign of a 9-1 match-up. Plus, Pig had 25 games. Pig played awesome, adjusted to every player, but it did not in any way convince me it's 9-1. It's bad, but not 9-1.
I have to admit, I didn't expect Espio to have such good game. Great spacing man. Also great games from Runway, Birdsongs (dem en-boomerang setups), Mr. Mileena and Goldfish.
All players had strategies that can be implemented to make this work better.
And I can guarantee Sub-Zero is a lot worse, no matter what Pig says.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I also think it's worth mentioning, Pig Of The Hut (aka Rig of The Hut) messaged me a few hours before this and mentioned that this whole time he has been talking out of his ass regarding Jade and that he was very, VERY concerned that we were going to pull this off. He offered to pay me via PayPal if I were to throw the matches and then state that the MU is 9-1....

And this is where my fantasy dream ends and I wake up... hehe ;)

But in all seriousness, I really enjoyed partaking in this gauntlet. I was terrified yet exhilarated all at the same time. It truly is daunting and horrifying going into battle against someone like Pig and a character like Kenshi. But what I got out of this was not a feeling of embarrassment or a feeling of discouragement...I felt excitement and adrenaline. It was a blast...

We need to this on a regular basis....wouldn't it be exciting to do this like twice a month and start to see Jade do better in this ABOMINATION of a MU? All in all, I'd like to thank Pig Of The Hut for hosting this (I had my reservations in the beginning but now I'm glad and gracious I did this) and I'd like to thank my team (Espio, GoldFish, Mr.Mileena, Birdsongs) for doing this with me...IF ANYTHING...it proves we all have balls...SASQUATCH SIZED BALLS. Great Gauntlet, Great Experience!

Espio

Kokomo
Shoutouts to Goldfish, Runway, Mr. Mileena and Birdsongs, I feel we all put in major work and was impressed with each and every one of you :D.

If anything, I'm inspired to explore the match up further from this experience and work on refining some things. I never go into bad match ups scared or nervous.

I've been studying and will keep doing so, this isn't over and new tech is discovered all the time, we can admit match ups are terrible and still keep exploring them in depth.

Thanks to Pig for doing this, I've always wanted footage of my Jade versus a top Kenshi :D.

The Jade community are definitely composed of brave soldiers with a lot of heart and passion.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The reason I won 3 rounds and came closest to taking a match was because I used Ex Glow and Pig Of The Hut can attest to his.

I did use Ex shadow kick, but kenshi doesnt give a damn, he gets out.
Also, one ducked ex shadow kick and you eat a 30%+ combo plus full screen away
SK should be used to get in, on reaction to flurry or slash. You won't get punished in that case.

Why weren't you part of this shindig? You seem to have lots of Kenshi MU exp.
Lol, I don't have lots of Kenshi MU exp. I played very few matches. These are the instinctive ideas I got from from my little experience. Plus I'm european, so I couldn't. I'd love to though.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You guys played awesome. I enjoyed a lot watching.
And as for others, you are all ignorants!
What I saw were a lot of rounds ending with Kenshi having less than 20% of life and both players with approx. the same amount of meter. This is not a sign of a 9-1 match-up. Plus, Pig had 25 games. Pig played awesome, adjusted to every player, but it did not in any way convince me it's 9-1. It's bad, but not 9-1.
I have to admit, I didn't expect Espio to have such good game. Great spacing man. Also great games from Runway, Birdsongs (dem en-boomerang setups), Mr. Mileena and Goldfish.
All players had strategies that can be implemented to make this work better.
And I can guarantee Sub-Zero is a lot worse, no matter what Pig says.
Imagine everyone a boomerang hit me ur froze me for a full combo............sub has it easier

This is 9-1 till u show otherwise - only other acceptable # is 10-0

If u think I have it my all I couldn't man, jade does not inspire 109% focus but MR Mileena did after round 1 as well as runway mafia

Thanks

Pig Of The Hut

I also think it's worth mentioning, Pig Of The Hut (aka Rig of The Hut) messaged me a few hours before this and mentioned that this whole time he has been talking out of his ass regarding Jade and that he was very, VERY concerned that we were going to pull this off. He offered to pay me via PayPal if I were to throw the matches and then state that the MU is 9-1....

And this is where my fantasy dream ends and I wake up... hehe ;)

But in all seriousness, I really enjoyed partaking in this gauntlet. I was terrified yet exhilarated all at the same time. It truly is daunting and horrifying going into battle against someone like Pig and a character like Kenshi. But what I got out of this was not a feeling of embarrassment or a feeling of discouragement...I felt excitement and adrenaline. It was a blast...

We need to this on a regular basis....wouldn't it be exciting to do this like twice a month and start to see Jade do better in this ABOMINATION of a MU? All in all, I'd like to thank Pig Of The Hut for hosting this (I had my reservations in the beginning but now I'm glad and gracious I did this) and I'd like to thank my team (Espio, GoldFish, Mr.Mileena, Birdsongs) for doing this with me...IF ANYTHING...it proves we all have balls...SASQUATCH SIZED BALLS. Great Gauntlet, Great Experience!
I LOVE the idea of the gauntlet series

Lets put it together

Much <3 and u played "beautiful" as did joe and espio and others

Pig Of The Hut

The reason I won 3 rounds and came closest to taking a match was because I used Ex Glow and Pig Of The Hut can attest to his.

I did use Ex shadow kick, but kenshi doesnt give a damn, he gets out.
Also, one ducked ex shadow kick and you eat a 30%+ combo plus full screen away
QFTFW

Took me a round of "oh wow he using good strategy" to adjust

Major props joe

U guys should explore this in all MU and using the quan method of forgiving a round to build meter aka rune trap

Pig Of The Hut

Shoutouts to Goldfish, Runway, Mr. Mileena and Birdsongs, I feel we all put in major work and was impressed with each and every one of you :D.

If anything, I'm inspired to explore the match up further from this experience and work on refining some things. I never go into bad match ups scared or nervous.

I've been studying and will keep doing so, this isn't over and new tech is discovered all the time, we can admit match ups are terrible and still keep exploring them in depth.

Thanks to Pig for doing this, I've always wanted footage of my Jade versus a top Kenshi :D.

The Jade community are definitely composed of brave soldiers with a lot of heart and passion.
Always a pleasure scores aside