What's new

Match-up Discussion Final Verdict -> Jade vs Kenshi

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I watched the archive...was brutal lol. Entertaining nonetheless, but I have to ask how laggy was the connections? Was it bad enough to be taken into consideration?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Jade is a character with class, sass, beauty, elegance, and determination.

Jade could have easily given up, but she kept coming at kenshi, never giving up :)
She da bess. The only female in the game I have any passion for.
You and AestheticLove turned me into a Jade player. I mean, yeah, I'm a whore and I play everyone, but I've put a LOT of time into my emerald Edenian Rosario Dawson with a bo staff. I used to have nightmares about your Jades like you do about Piggy's Kenshi. I couldn't not harness that power :D.

That being said, this matchup is definitely Sheeva V Mileena level bad. That seeing-eye-dog-requiring motherfucker is heartless.

She da bess. The only female in the game I have any passion for.
You and AestheticLove turned me into a Jade player. I mean, yeah, I'm a whore and I play everyone, but I've put a LOT of time into my emerald Edenian Rosario Dawson with a bo staff. I used to have nightmares about your Jades like you do about Piggy's Kenshi. I couldn't not harness that power :D.

That being said, this matchup is definitely Sheeva V Mileena level bad. That seeing-eye-dog-requiring motherfucker is heartless.
That....has...got to be the CLASSIEST statement I have ever read.

I'll try.
My sapphire Edenian Cerulean Dove <3 Kitana lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Games have broken shit. Professionally supported games get patched.
I'll be sure to check the support before I buy a game next.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Games have broken shit. Professionally supported games get patched.
I'll be sure to check the support before I buy a game next.
Good players find ways around the challenges

and dont constantly bitch and complain.

What needed to be fixed was fixed, if you dont understand the economics of why they havent completely gone back to patching more then you're clueless to the business

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Im speaking from what I know
Let's take it from the top. You like logic, let's make this math. See if you agree with the premisses.

1. Freedom of speech is a right of every free citizen of constitutional forms of monarchy or republic.
- Complaining / bitching / whining is how people relieve stress.
- Telling other people not to exercise their rights for freedom of speech is within your right of freedom of speech but in a paradox manner stiffles the right of others and thus is not quite valid.
- Disagreeing with others is an exercised right of freedom of speech.
- Telling others that their opinion is invalid and they should shut up, is not.
- Mocking others for their opinion, is not.

2. The relevance of player skill in the Jade-Kenshi matchup is absolute zero.
- As per what we have established in this thread, Jade cannot win against Kenshi no matter who plays her and on what level of skill.
- Furthermore, it has been said that there are several, similarly hopeless matchups in the game, regardless of example (because examples derail debates).

~> Thus my critique of the game as an imbalanced piece of shit is completely valid and agreed to by many other people, though while you often seem to have found the need to validate your opinion with the mention of an unspecified number of crowd, I do not necessarily need to. Trying to use things that you know so you see my point better.

3. Addendum
Not condoning to a business model (or considering it "prehistoric" as formerly I have said) does not mean I do not understand the ins and outs of communications, marketing, or game design.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Let's take it from the top. You like logic, let's make this math. See if you agree with the premisses.

1. Freedom of speech is a right of every free citizen of constitutional forms of monarchy or republic.
- Complaining / bitching / whining is how people relieve stress.
- Telling other people not to exercise their rights for freedom of speech is within your right of freedom of speech but in a paradox manner stiffles the right of others and thus is not quite valid.
- Disagreeing with others is an exercised right of freedom of speech.
- Telling others that their opinion is invalid and they should shut up, is not.
- Mocking others for their opinion, is not.

2. The relevance of player skill in the Jade-Kenshi matchup is absolute zero.
- As per what we have established in this thread, Jade cannot win against Kenshi no matter who plays her and on what level of skill.
- Furthermore, it has been said that there are several, similarly hopeless matchups in the game, regardless of example (because examples derail debates).

~> Thus my critique of the game as an imbalanced piece of shit is completely valid and agreed to by many other people, though while you often seem to have found the need to validate your opinion with the mention of an unspecified number of crowd, I do not necessarily need to. Trying to use things that you know so you see my point better.

3. Addendum
Not condoning to a business model (or considering it "prehistoric" as formerly I have said) does not mean I do not understand the ins and outs of communications, marketing, or game design.
U just dont get it

forget it

Rose vs Seth is one of her worst matchups in Sf4 Ae

but I think it's 5-5 or even 6-4 Rose because players don't use her fundamentals right.
I also have never competed in a Sf offline event, and I really don't have anyone to play. But based on what I see, nobody plays the match up right, and from observing I believe it is at least even, if not Rose's Favor.

..... No, just no. When are people going to understand that outragous opnions will get outrageous answers.
Jade gets raped in this matchup, no ifs ands or buts.
Get over the fact that you don't want to admit your favorite character has a basically unwinnable MU for tournament play. Maybe 1 in every 30 games will I MAYBE get a game off a Pig. But do you really think someone will risk playing Jade (other than Jade loyalists) vs Kenshi in TOURNAMENT play?

She gets raped. Opinions are VOIDED if you can't BACK IT UP.
Outrageous statements will get ridiculed as well.
Mocking people, telling people that to shut up, is ALL FREEDOM OF SPEECH F.Y.I
99% of the United States would be in jail otherwise.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yet again.

Based on all that, I say the game is imbalanced and I'll be very careful with buying anything from NRS again.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Balance does not equal entertainment. Nor is it a solid indication if a game is good or not. That is derived from enjoyment, I would suppose. You don't enjoy the game and that's fine. You don't need to bring other people down, though. That's not a matter of freedom of speech so much as it is not acting like a sourpuss asshole to people.

GhosT

Noob
I brought up the idea of a 10-0 MU in bradys thread. He said it was kind of redic, cuz 10-0 kind of means you would go 100-0 or 1000-0 while 9-1 means the jade, while winning rarely could still get a game here and there.

I dont disagree with this thought in general it makes sense. But if you have two players on a equal level, or if kenshi player is even slightly better this could very well be 10-0 and pig sort of showed that.

But thats pig. THats why i wanted to see another kenshi try this, pig being THE kenshi might only make it looks 10-0. I mean if you can grind the lao mu and make it look even, then you can certainly exploit a character like jade who is completely lacking tools to compete in the MU.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Rose vs Seth is one of her worst matchups in Sf4 Ae

but I think it's 5-5 or even 6-4 Rose because players don't use her fundamentals right.
I also have never competed in a Sf offline event, and I really don't have anyone to play. But based on what I see, nobody plays the match up right, and from observing I believe it is at least even, if not Rose's Favor.

..... No, just no. When are people going to understand that outragous opnions will get outrageous answers.
Jade gets raped in this matchup, no ifs ands or buts.
Get over the fact that you don't want to admit your favorite character has a basically unwinnable MU for tournament play. Maybe 1 in every 30 games will I MAYBE get a game off a Pig. But do you really think someone will risk playing Jade (other than Jade loyalists) vs Kenshi in TOURNAMENT play?

She gets raped. Opinions are VOIDED if you can't BACK IT UP.
Outrageous statements will get ridiculed as well.
Mocking people, telling people that to shut up, is ALL FREEDOM OF SPEECH F.Y.I
99% of the United States would be in jail otherwise.
I don't understand why you keep coming to the Jade forums saying Jade is bad, Jade vs Kenshi is abysmal, when you did this half a year ago and everybody knows your position. It's like you have an opinion and want everybody to agree to it, reminding of it over and over.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I don't understand why you keep coming to the Jade forums saying Jade is bad, Jade vs Kenshi is abysmal, when you did this half a year ago and everybody knows your position. It's like you have an opinion and want everybody to agree to it, reminding of it over and over.
It's a valid tactic to parrot things over and over to make people believe it.
I still say Jade is not bad, MK9 is unfinished and shit.

It's a response to Glortor. I'm not even talking to you.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Prinz could you kindly get over yourself? Mr. Mileena's posts have been nothing but topical. The problem with certain people in this community is that they take honest character discussion as a personal attack every time. The character forums are not a place to express your delusional fanboy love for a character; they're a place for honest discussion about character strengths AND WEAKNESSES and how to overcome them.

The Jade community has a hell of a time ever moving forward because so many people are busy trying to oust the players who are honest (and, ironically, the best) with Jade. Both Birdsongs and Mr. Mileena have been baselessly attacked in these forums, and they're two of the undisputed best Jades in the community. The icing on the cake is that the people doing the hating barely even play the game and constantly make excuses for why they don't perform. Bullshit.