What's new

Final Patch before Evo2k13?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I though according to Somberness and Maxter, the "Meter Drain" glitch is a myth, and not a glitch, just learn to time right.
It is a glitch:

Certainly doing things with the right timming to escape pressure goes without saying. However, anyone who thinks it's not a glitch is in denial.

It seems painfully obvious the reason this glitch happens is because :ex moves requiere :blk to be inputted and :blk takes priority over all other inputs and actions. In the end what the game does is a Bad Option Select for the player: you're trying to do an :ex as you're about to get hit, during the motion you input :blk first and the game detects three things happening at the same time --blocking, an opposing hit, an :ex move-- so it resolves them in that order. The result: 1) you block; 2) the hit makes contact; 3) the meter is drained because the :ex was detected as well, but since blocking state has the highest priority you remain in block stun.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
They should fix: Cyrax, Jax, Quan Chi, Smoke, Kung Lao, and Johnny cage. That goes without saying

They should nerf everyone above and in A+ and buff everyone in and below B
http://i.imgur.com/68dnV.jpg

I know this is a little extreme but they defiantly should nerf Kabal and buff C and D
Why Quan Chi, Cage and Lao are completely fine. The only thing that needs to be taken away from the others is their resets.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Rune trap, random frame advantage, and retarted armor aren't fine in my book
Without meter Quan Chi is bottom 5, random frame advantage is random, and if you can't deal with Lao's armor that's on you. Kung Lao is seriously the only top 5 character who is just a REALLY good character. I guess Freddy too, if you don't think full screen frame traps are broken.

n9195v

Noob
Without meter Quan Chi is bottom 5, random frame advantage is random, and if you can't deal with Lao's armor that's on you. Kung Lao is seriously the only top 5 character who is just a REALLY good character. I guess Freddy too, if you don't think full screen frame traps are broken.
After his EX Tele grab he keeps his armor for the start of his next attack it is ridiculous. Being able to "deal with it" isn't the issue.

Quan is better than Kano without meter. His rune trap is broken it should be fixed. It was fixed wasn't it?

Briyen

Noob
not sure why anyone would not want a patch cause they don't want to learn again? there isn't much left to learn it's getting pretty stale to watch the same tech over and over abused

take out resets, (at least try, it's not hype anymore), nerf kenshi (just cause he's boring to watch haha sorry)

honestly it would be faster to just nerf the S tier than buff so many low tiers, theres wayyy to many low tiers compared to high tiers

Flagg

Noob
How can people STILL be complaining about QC rune trap? He needs 3 bars for that to be fully effective, and unless he is using it in the last round, really....whats the big deal. Just keep doing massive combos and he will either decide to breaker or die.

What needs to be fixed is this:
Cyrax and Smoke resets, gone.

Kabal can either only;
a) reduce speed of iagb
b) leave the speed of iagb alone but have it that they only hit airborne opponents

I dont care about NMD, its the iagb that is dumb.

'Maybe' reduce Kenshi and Freddy meter building slightly

Give a few buffs to the lower tiers like CSZ gets a better port or armour on ex ice, Sindel gets armour on ex scream or improve the range on ex hair grab, improve Jade meter building, Sheeva better pokes, Noob increase damage, improve Strykers strings/gun cancels, change Kano horizontal ball to bf, give him better armour somewhere and have his normals be like CSZ, so that his 112 can hit crouching opponents, etc.

All of that is wishful thinking and likely not happening. And for the last time, can people stop saying give CSZ armour on ex slide! That wont improve him one bit!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After his EX Tele grab he keeps his armor for the start of his next attack it is ridiculous. Being able to "deal with it" isn't the issue.

Quan is better than Kano without meter. His rune trap is broken it should be fixed. It was fixed wasn't it?
All you have to do is walk forward or backward on teleports. Putting out certain characters armored moves can also beat it as well, just learn the MU man KL is seriously not broken, just very very good. I didn't say Quan was the worst without meter, he's bottom five, and rune traps are overrated.

n9195v

Noob
All you have to do is walk forward or backward on teleports. Putting out certain characters armored moves can also beat it as well, just learn the MU man KL is seriously not broken, just very very good. I didn't say Quan was the worst without meter, he's bottom five, and rune traps are overrated.
Overrated or not they are still broken and shouldn't be in the game. The armor lasting that long is a glitch that is ridiculous. I believe Rain has the same BS. Just because there is a way to counter the glitch doen't mean you should just blow it off as learn the match up.

For a final patch I would;

1. Balance armor distribution.
  2. Revamp all frames on block for every special.
  3. Fix the resets or include a 50% splat dmg limit like in the old MK if the resets can't be fixed.
  4. Increase recovery on IAF's. (it's obnoxious zoning imo)
  5. Give us the VITA MK3 skins!!!

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Give us a patch, we really deserve it after all the knee-jerk nerfs and buffs. They can finally give characters the tools they need, and no not just shitty armor.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Overrated or not they are still broken and shouldn't be in the game. The armor lasting that long is a glitch that is ridiculous. I believe Rain has the same BS. Just because there is a way to counter the glitch doen't mean you should just blow it off as learn the match up.
Honestly dude rune traps aren't even worth all this lol. Quan Chi is a terrible character without them, so getting rid of them doesn't do the game any justice. Same with the ex Tele glitch, its overrated because you can react to it and just jump back, so yes THAT IS ON YOU. If you know there is a way around it and don't use said method its your fault. Also, it's not a glitch with Rain that's just the effect of his super armor.

peachyO

Noob
i would love a patch, as would most members. i hold no hope for it, but it would be nice to balance the game and address issues that a patch can address. WB is a wealthy, powerful company, and as its CEO stated, MK alone paid for the entire midway acquisition and then some; the money needed for a patch is negligible in the greater perspective. it's a matter more of time and manpower, which are both in short supply with injustice now close to release.

i know players of characters like kabal, cyrax, smoke, cage, kenshi, etc. usually balk at the thought of a patch, and i understand. but seriously, no legitimate fighting game should have so many characters with so many 1-9, 2-8, or 3-7 matches, it is simply not excusable. a kabal without that stupid block infinite, less damage and a few added frames to his gas blasts, and NDC on EN ND only would still be a strong character. he just would have to work for his wins instead of having every matchup be stacked in his favor. a smoke without ridiculous resets would still be lightning fast, easy to use, and have flashy, damaging, easy-to-execute combos. same with cyrax. kenshi with a tad more recovery on his specials and a bit less armor would still be tough as a $2 t-bone, and cage without that broken f3 would still be fierce.

on the other side, many characters need buffs, and providing those would be great for the game and the competitive community. making more characters viable means more people competing. i for one would certainly travel and compete in tourneys if i knew my character had a decent shot at winning. the chance would be worth the the time and expenditure, which it currently is not. most characters don't really need that much. imo, most could be brought up to snuff merely by speeding up their normals, decreasing startup and recovery on their specials, and increasing the amount of meter that their specials create. and change a few high attacks into mids or lows here and there...no need for tons of gratuitous armor in most cases.

anyway, that's my two cents' worth, except to post a little of my buff wish list :( (which will likely NEVER happen):

jade: decrease the startup and recovery frames of staff overhead and boomerangs, make shadow kick an overhead and increase its damage, cause shadow glow to last .33 second longer, and buff her damage output during EN shadow glow since she receives more during that state;

quan chi: faster recovery on all specials, decreased startup frames for his f1 and b3, increase in damage output for skull projectile and (from 8%, 11% EN to 11%, 14% EN) and runes (from 7%, 10% EN to 9%, 12% EN). and in exchange, make EN rune knock an opponent down, thereby eliminating the rune trap.

kano: return his pre-patch knife, decrease recovery on all kano balls, speed up his b2 overhead, and slightly increase his overall damage output.

sindel <3: less recovery on fireball/low fireball, make her charge move (2,1, hold 2) cancelable, unblockable when fully charged, and inflict extra damage (it currently does NOTHING; it's absolutely useless), armor for EN scream, armor EN hairwhip and make increase its damage (it currently only inflicts 2% more damage if used naked, 1% more if used in a combo), and decrease the damage scaling on her b1,2 juggle starter;

sheeva <3<3: ALL normals faster, ESPECIALLY f3 and b2. ALL specials faster. make ground pound cancelable and armor EN ground pound, increase damage and hitbox for jump stomp, give full armor to EN jump stomp, not just the first half of the move. make bf3 an overhead grab and increase its range so it does not whiff against in combos against characters with small hitboxes, make 1,b2,1 a true pop-up, increase range and speed of pokes. perhaps a very slight overall damage output.

.....a man can dream, can't he?:(

a Final patch would be a good thing. Bringing in new life to the game is never bad! Fix any glitches they can, Minor nerf to Kabal and bring C tier and below up would be amazing. Who the heck would be against that?????

Its funny how Ono makes a remark about a SF AE 2013 patch and that community is salivating.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
They should fix: Cyrax, Jax, Quan Chi, Smoke, Kung Lao, and Johnny cage. That goes without saying

They should nerf everyone above and in A+ and buff everyone in and below B
http://i.imgur.com/68dnV.jpg

I know this is a little extreme but they defiantly should nerf Kabal and buff C and D
At this point in the game, Jax would be a HORRENDOUS character without his reset. I'm not downplaying or being a "Cyraxheneedsithurrdurr". He would arguably be bottom 10-5 again.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
If I had a dime for all the patch posts that pop up here. I could sponsor a tournament with a 100k pot bonus. Stop crying ya gimps.
ya true, you just gotta carry a pocket S Tier, that's just the way it is........

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
no I dont think they should make him top 5. imo nr1 should stay nr1, just close the gap a little, it wouldnt be fair for kabal players.
No, what's NOT FAIR is what happened to Sub Zero, Jade, and Kano players lol. Those characters were wrongly nerfed. Kabal would be rightfully nerfed and still top 5 wouldn't be bad. 99% of the Kabal mains picked him only and solely because he is the best character in the game, so I wouldn't feel bad for those people if their character got nerfed. They would just go on to the next best anyways lmao

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Honestly dude rune traps aren't even worth all this lol. Quan Chi is a terrible character without them, so getting rid of them doesn't do the game any justice. Same with the ex Tele glitch, its overrated because you can react to it and just jump back, so yes THAT IS ON YOU. If you know there is a way around it and don't use said method its your fault. Also, it's not a glitch with Rain that's just the effect of his super armor.
stop arguing with a random online player who does not know how MK functions.