What's new

Final Patch before Evo2k13?

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
After his EX Tele grab he keeps his armor for the start of his next attack it is ridiculous. Being able to "deal with it" isn't the issue.

Quan is better than Kano without meter. His rune trap is broken it should be fixed. It was fixed wasn't it?
it's not broken at all. it just a punishment for getting set-up in the first place. multiple games have unblockable set-ups. dealwith it man. kung lao armor ain't that bad either.

Saint

Noob
To all the people saying this game is fine, you have no clue what you're talking about. Whether you have fun or not is irrelevant, technically this game is really questionable. Specially considering it is a fighting game.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
NO PATCHES. Patches would be a bad idea and most things people want are nerfs to high tier characters. Doing this only leads to another S+ tier only character. If kabal is nerfed, Kenshi is the best, if kenshi is nerfed freddy is the best, if he is nerfed than sonya. We will always end up with one supieror character. If this game ever got a patch, it would be buffs for some of the fish characters/midtier characters not nerfs for the S+. Better having a game with a bunch of S+ tier characters than having just a group of 5, S-S+ tier characters that are unstoppable against every other A tier and below character.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Input bug and meter drain are hardcoded into the game and are impossible to patch.
Which is why they should make UMK9 instead.

Think about it.
They'll be rolling in money after Injustice drops.
Another year for MK on the competitive scene means people are obviously still interested in it.
It's one of the biggest cash cows their studio has to its credit, save the Batman games. If you release MK-related things, people WILL buy them. This has been the rule of thumbs for two decades now.
You already have an entire game in front of you. Take it into the lab, rewire the things that need to be fixed, add 4-8 characters, more Story Mode - most likely the MK4 story arch redone for the new timeline - and probably a rebuilt Challenge Tower, yadda yadda...
Would it cost money? Yes. But not nearly as much as it did to build MK9 in the first place.
Would it turn a profit? GTFO yes. And it would completely reinvigorate and regrow the MK competitive scene, especially if they were able to do a solid job of retooling its problems.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Which is why they should make UMK9 instead.

Think about it.
They'll be rolling in money after Injustice drops.
Another year for MK on the competitive scene means people are obviously still interested in it.
It's one of the biggest cash cows their studio has to its credit, save the Batman games. If you release MK-related things, people WILL buy them. This has been the rule of thumbs for two decades now.
You already have an entire game in front of you. Take it into the lab, rewire the things that need to be fixed, add 4-8 characters, more Story Mode - most likely the MK4 story arch redone for the new timeline - and probably a rebuilt Challenge Tower, yadda yadda...
Would it cost money? Yes. But not nearly as much as it did to build MK9 in the first place.
Would it turn a profit? GTFO yes. And it would completely reinvigorate and regrow the MK competitive scene, especially if they were able to do a solid job of retooling its problems.
This. I would take this over any patch they could possibly make to this game. GIVE ME FROST!!!!!!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This. I would take this over any patch they could possibly make to this game. GIVE ME FROST!!!!!!
It just makes sense.
Why would you change the metagame a year and a half after 1.05 dropped prior to EVO, when you could just as easily say to yourself, "Hey, people still fucking love this fucked up game, I bet if we made it less fucked up and threw in some more stuff, a WHOLE LOT MORE people would love it too!"

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
It just makes sense.
Why would you change the metagame a year and a half after 1.05 dropped prior to EVO, when you could just as easily say to yourself, "Hey, people still fucking love this fucked up game, I bet if we made it less fucked up and threw in some more stuff, a WHOLE LOT MORE people would love it too!"
I still don't think it will happen. It would be awesome if I was wrong though. I think the next game for them will either be MK10 or a venture outside of fighting games.

It just makes sense.
16 Bit

Seriously, you're testing Injustice last I heard. Voice the community to them. Let them know we demand UMK9, balanced and ready for EVO2014.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
You would have thought they would have fixed input bug and meter drain in their "komplete edition" but I guess that would maybe make it incompatible with the original for online.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You would have thought they would have fixed input bug and meter drain in their "komplete edition" but I guess that would maybe make it incompatible with the original for online.
That's exactly what it would've done. The Komplete Edition was just a GOTY version that has all DLC there for you on the disc.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
These threads are cleary a waste of time, half of the crying about nerfs and buffs are hilarious, some don't even fully understand the tool of some character that cleary doesn't need either buff or nerf and are crying for stupid nerfs.
Others are crying because of meter drain, and so others bullshits that doesn't even makes sense.
Now i understand why REO, Maxter and some players, just stopped bothering with this shit, its a completely waste of time, its because of ppl with this altitude that some characters on this game that were excellent and had everything to fight characters like Kabal or Kenshi ended up being Garbage and have real big issues (Sub-Zero and Kano, Jade are one of the examples).

I really hope there is no patch coming, the game will look even worse if NRS listen half of the ppl who have posted on this thread.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
16 Bit

Seriously, you're testing Injustice last I heard. Voice the community to them. Let them know we demand UMK9, balanced and ready for EVO2014.
I second this. I'm completely serious.
EVERY OTHER MAJOR FIGHTING GAME HAS DONE IT.
Ultimate Marvel. Tekken 5 whatever it was. VF5FS. SF4AEIOUandsometimesY, etc.
It can/should be done. It'd sell, it'd up MK's competitive ante a hundred fold, it would breathe a welcome gust of life into our community and the large amount of players who have no desire to pick up Injustice once it takes MK's place on the altar, and it would mean that we, like Capcom, would have TWO major titles in top-of-the-pyramid rotation in the FGC for a very long time.