What's new

Fighter Pack 2 Revealed for Injustice 2

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
WB doesn't see them as the wrong characters. For WB, these games are a merchandising opportunity. They bought NRS/Midway and its intellectual property, and use the popularity of that property to promote other intellectual properties they want to promote for their film arm -- like Freddy (who had a reboot coming after MK9), Jason (whose reboot was ultimately cancelled), Alien vs Predator (Alien: Covenant and other franchise developments in the works), Leatherface (reboot coming this year), and now Hellboy with his reboot film coming next year.

Nevermind that Hellboy is actually a pretty great choice for a comic book fighting game as a guest character, as he's one of the most popular comic characters around that isn't a DC or Marvel property.

WB is doing exactly what they want to be doing promotionally, and from their perspective it's a success. It means the roster isn't what we as hardcore fans of MK or the DC universe want, but that isn't their priority necessarily.

Personally I was really upset by all the guest characters in MKX, but to say WB isn't professional or doing exactly what they should be doing for their bottom line is silly. They're out for themselves, not for NRS. NRS is a vehicle for them, and one that they finance.
WB does not own Alien and Predator rights Fox does. It's not WB merchandise.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I don't agree with that last part, Boon has said they are interested in making a game with Horror movie Slashers fairly recently i'm pretty sure. Also Jason and Predator haven't had any movies recently at all. You could make a case for Leatherface, but his movie isn't even out until later this year.
Jason's movie was cancelled, but it was in development when they were developing MKX.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't agree with that last part, Boon has said they are interested in making a game with Horror movie Slashers fairly recently i'm pretty sure. Also Jason and Predator haven't had any movies recently at all. You could make a case for Leatherface, but his movie isn't even out until later this year.
Doesn't make a difference, I know this from speaking to people involved in that kind of thing. The Jason movie was coming but was cancelled and the Predator movie is coming out next year I think.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Doesn't make a difference, I know this from speaking to people involved in that kind of thing. The Jason movie was coming but was cancelled and the Predator movie is coming out next year I think.
Next year is way out of range for him to be MKX DLC though.

it is hilarious that people here think WB is dictating the character choices of NRS.. that is a load of BS. WB are probably able to say "no" or "yes" when NRS asks for the rights to use a character but there is NO WAY they have any input into the development beyond that.

This is all in NRS.
There was a developer that quit for this reason lmao to think wb puts your interests over the success of their business is unfathomable

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If what you said about the horror chars is true, then why the fuck are they in this game ever? If Boon wanted to create a horror fighting game, then he ought to put those fucking chars in there!

At least, Arc System Works and ETC fellas are doing the right thing including the right chars in their games.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
If what you said about the horror chars is true, then why the fuck are they in this game ever? If Boon wanted to create a horror fighting game, then he ought to put those fucking chars in there!

At least, Arc System Works and ETC fellas are doing the right thing including the right chars in their games.
That has nothing to do with it. It is a fact that WB is in charge regarding the DLC characters and they choose the ones that can be the best choices out of a marketing and financial standpoints. As for the horror movie-based game, Ed Boon might have said it (and he did hinted that he wanted to put Leatherface in the game in order to pay tribute to Gunnar Hansen, the original Leatherface who passed away) but WB also wanted themselves to put the horror movie-characters in the games like Freedy, Jason and Leatherface for the movies that wanted to promote, with both Predator and Alien being bonuses that they've might managed to get the rights to use these characters (as it was said above, Predator and Alien aren't owned by WB). It is the right choices in terms of marketing, and there more then enough fans, and not just casuals who like these characters in these games. Especially Alien and Predator being there. Not everyone is gonna like it, but these are the right choices.

KCJ506

Noob
Man. I have to say this is a really bad dlc pack. Hellboy is irrelevant and nobody was even asking for him.
There was a guest character poll and Hellboy won second place after Spawn. So he was requested. And there's a Hellboy reboot in the works. Plus I think Dark Horse has been friends with both Ed Boon and Jim lee since 2005 and I believe Hellboy has made appearances in the DC Universe before.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I honestly don't know what to make of all the hoopla over dlc characters. I mean look a NRS compared to Capcom. They're going to release more dlc characters in One YEAR, ONE YEAR not even a full year what 8 or 9 months maybe towards the end of 2017 then sfv has done in one full year. Let that sink in for a sec.

Like seriously I enjoy the salt and crying had much as the next guy but damn y'all need a maxi pads to soak up the tears.

Do a comparison to sfv or other fighting games not Tekken. Leave Tekken alone because it's legit GOD STATUS but other fighters.

Even KI did better then sfv for seasons and dlc so in the grand scheme of things

Why bitch?

The dlc is still meh tho:DOGE

Thingy

Retired account
There was a guest character poll and Hellboy won second place after Spawn. So he was requested. And there's a Hellboy reboot in the works. Plus I think Dark Horse has been friends with both Ed Boon and Jim lee since 2005 and I believe Hellboy has made appearances in the DC Universe before.
@PLAYING TO WIN

After I took that Twitter poll, I tweeted at Boon, Paulo, and the Injustice Twitter asking for Hellboy. And I was not alone. A lot of people asked for Hellboy.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Hellboy is neat the only real surprise, Black Manta is cool but it's kinda deflating since we knew he was coming, Ugh Raiden, sad thing is if his teleport is a big fuck you to zoners I'll probably learn him.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I honestly don't know what to make of all the hoopla over dlc characters. I mean look a NRS compared to Capcom. They're going to release more dlc characters in One YEAR, ONE YEAR not even a full year what 8 or 9 months maybe towards the end of 2017 then sfv has done in one full year. Let that sink in for a sec.

Like seriously I enjoy the salt and crying had much as the next guy but damn y'all need a maxi pads to soak up the tears.

Do a comparison to sfv or other fighting games not Tekken. Leave Tekken alone because it's legit GOD STATUS but other fighters.

Even KI did better then sfv for seasons and dlc so in the grand scheme of things

Why bitch?

not that it matters bro but the year sfv came out 7 dlc characters were released which will actually be more than Inj 2 has this year so

not to mention that game will ultimately have like 20 dlc characters and inj is getting 9 and then dieing a few months shortly after lul

Shaka

Tier Whore.

Why bitch?

I heard Tekken has it's ssues too, I wouldn't call it god status.

We like WB/NRs just hate their shitty char choices.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm fine with the picks. Hellboy is probably the only one I have personal interest in. I know a lot of people were interested in Black Manta so that's good for them. My limited Aquaman exposure has me more acquainted and interested in Mera, but was a long shot.

I don't mind Raiden. Once you say "We are going to pick a MK character" you kind of almost have to choose him now that you've burned Sub and Scorp. He is one of the top most primary characters in MK, and the most superhero like. I don't know that we need 3 MK characters in the game, so I'm hoping he and Sub satisfy the MK need.

I do hope we see a couple of ladies in the next pack. DLC is a bit of a dudefest so far.

I might be able to empathize with a lot of you guys over the disappointing inclusion of certain characters. if I wasn't so helplessly overwhelmed by Manta hype.