What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra/Torr Post-patch report

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
@SaSSolino i hope you don't feel I was aggressive or talking down. There wasn't a whole of qualification or explanation of why you thought F/T was broke or what "before" was so I just spat out my usual spiel for the character. The character is usually vastly underestimated or overestimated so these conversations happen a lot and become a bit tiring.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Either I play really good subs or you play Really shitty ones to think it's a 8-2 lol
Prolly the case, not to say I haven't lost to my fair share of Subs, I think I've ran a few sets where I didn't take any games. But I still think if you look at the tool sets and gameplay of both characters 7-3 isn't unreasonable. But from my experience thats pretty much been my record against them.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Prolly the case, not to say I haven't lost to my fair share of Subs, I think I've ran a few sets where I didn't take any games. But I still think if you look at the tool sets and gameplay of both characters 7-3 isn't unreasonable. But from my experience thats pretty much been my record against them.
Well like I said we're both saying it's a winning mu so the discussion is pretty much dumb haha as Long as we don't Know specific mu numbers these are speculations anyway.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
. My question is lackey still viable? At least from post patch? I know he was good prepatch
Lackey was buffed. Yes he's viable. He's more than viable, he's very good. But it does depend on matchup. I wouldn't choose Lackey against Grandmaster or several other zoners.

broken af... it was really strong character already, and they buffed him. right now ruthless is top tier.
But he asked about Lackey, not Ruthless. I definitely don't see how Lackey is "broken af", as you put it. Have any of the strongest players picked up Lackey since XL? Not from what I've seen. Come to think of it I don't think I've seen any pick up Ruthless either. If he's truly broken af then what you're implying is you've found something nobody else has.

Regarding the Ruthless vs Grandmaster Matchup, it can't be 8-2 in Ruthless's favor. No way. I don't believe Grandmaster loses any matchup worse than 6-4. Maybe 7-3 at worst.

MK Led

Umbasa
I'll just say this, no character beats Sub-Zero worse than 7-3. Sub is dumb AF.
Definitely holds true here, the Sub player just needs to focus on knocking the FT player down, and then it becomes very apparent how much that MU is not 7-3. NJP and the Ferra tosses do shit all over clone and Ice-ball though, which is nice.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I don't feel like ruthless beats GM that bad really. You may be able to keep him out midscreen for a while by making him respect ferra toss, but this is MKX so he WILL get in at some point, and when he touches you he will corner you. Once you're cornered you have no wakeup options if the sub player spaces the clone correctly. Command grab doesn't reach, tuck n trample doesn't use ferra on wakeup so it doesn't negate the clone like it usually would, meaning torr just runs right into the clone and gets frozen. This basically means your wakeup window is wasted and you have to stand up with no ferra, aka no defensive options and you have to hold mixups all day long. The fact that ferra is glitchy as hell in lots of corners and takes ages to get on your back doesn't help either. Some more things to note is that midscreen it's very hard to blow up sub for backdashing out of your pressure now, and any successful backdash leads to him getting a clone out with you missing ferra from your back for a while, which is a situation in his favor. His EX ice shatter is also very inconsistent for f/t to punish and also we're completely 100% free to his jump attacks, but now I'm getting into smaller details. I'm open to counters to these points, if I got something wrong let me know!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Lackey was buffed. Yes he's viable. He's more than viable, he's very good. But it does depend on matchup. I wouldn't choose Lackey against Grandmaster or several other zoners.

But he asked about Lackey, not Ruthless. I definitely don't see how Lackey is "broken af", as you put it. Have any of the strongest players picked up Lackey since XL? Not from what I've seen. Come to think of it I don't think I've seen any pick up Ruthless either. If he's truly broken af then what you're implying is you've found something nobody else has.

Regarding the Ruthless vs Grandmaster Matchup, it can't be 8-2 in Ruthless's favor. No way. I don't believe Grandmaster loses any matchup worse than 6-4. Maybe 7-3 at worst.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Alright man I'm gonna have to ask you to explain yourself. At no point has anyone put you on the spot and i think thats just how nice most of the ft mains are, but frankly im not. You havent given any reason why you think they're broke, other than "he was good and got buffed", which you could say the exact same thing about shinnok, and he REALLY didn't need the buffs he got.

I'm beginning to think you're the one on drugs here.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Alright man I'm gonna have to ask you to explain yourself. At no point has anyone put you on the spot and i think thats just how nice most of the ft mains are, but frankly im not. You havent given any reason why you think they're broke, other than "he was good and got buffed", which you could say the exact same thing about shinnok, and he REALLY didn't need the buffs he got.

I'm beginning to think you're the one on drugs here.
I used the image because he said that I'm saying that lackey is broken, witch I'm not. simple as that.

I find ruthless broken because his damage is insane, his buttons are great, his pressure is great, he has 50/50s, decent anti zoning, good pokes, good spacing, awsome range and more insane damage.

he's pretty slow, but that's it.

uh and if F/T mains were decent as you say, they'd stop tagging me in this post.

Kamikaze_Highlander

uh and if F/T mains were decent as you say, they'd stop tagging me in this post.
in all fairness you came to us claiming our character is broke so we have every right to pester you to get some justification. I said nice not decent, we play a character that can do 70%+ for a bar, we're pretty much the most indecent players this game has :cool:

And yes you didn't say Lackey was broke you just said "broken af" in a thread dedicated to Ferra/Torr post patch, without any qualification (be it release version or variation), the last comment was talking about Lackey, so either you were talking about Lackey specifically or the character is broken as a whole (I'll concede that when people talk about F/T 85% of the time they're talking about Ruthless).

While all your points are technically correct, there are characters who do far better than us at 2 or more of those things you just listed, along with being solid to great in the other areas. Like...

Erron has much better pressure, 50/50s and over all mixups with tick throws off of 21 (also jax, fuck jax btw)
Quan chi has better buttons, better 50/50s, better anti zoning.
Kotal has waaayyyy (in fact almost everyone has better pokes, maybe jacqui is the only one below us) better pokes and even more insane damage(granted not the most viable but still technically true), and the stupidest, easiest, most brain fucking dead frame traps and command grab in the game.
Takeda and D'Vorah both have far better spacing control than we do, as does shinnok, while either having great pressure or... well its shinnok ffs.
Sonya, Erron, D'Vorah, Quan Chi, Alien, Mileena, Kano, Raiden, and prolly some other characters I can't think of have 50/50s that are unreactable (if you don't have godlike top tier execution).
Ruthless' anti zoning is sub par really, most projectiles you have to stuff on a read unless you're full screen or its an air projectile. Or you can just take the hit with PnG armour but then you're taking 10%+

The only thing Ruthless truly excels at is damage, and maybe advantage on hit. Other than that we have decent to great coverage of other areas, in a game full of characters that push our shit in by abusing those same areas because they can do it way better than we can.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
in all fairness you came to us claiming our character is broke so we have every right to pester you to get some justification. I said nice not decent, we play a character that can do 70%+ for a bar, we're pretty much the most indecent players this game has :cool:

And yes you didn't say Lackey was broke you just said "broken af" in a thread dedicated to Ferra/Torr post patch, without any qualification (be it release version or variation), the last comment was talking about Lackey, so either you were talking about Lackey specifically or the character is broken as a whole (I'll concede that when people talk about F/T 85% of the time they're talking about Ruthless).

While all your points are technically correct, there are characters who do far better than us at 2 or more of those things you just listed, along with being solid to great in the other areas. Like...

Erron has much better pressure, 50/50s and over all mixups with tick throws off of 21 (also jax, fuck jax btw)
Kotal has waaayyyy (in fact almost everyone has better pokes, maybe jacqui is the only one below us) better pokes and even more insane damage(granted not the most viable but still technically true), and the stupidest, easiest, most brain fucking dead frame traps and command grab in the game.
Takeda and D'Vorah both have far better spacing control than we do, as does shinnok, while either having great pressure or... well its shinnok ffs.
Sonya, Erron, D'Vorah, Quan Chi, Alien, Mileena, Kano, Raiden, and prolly some other characters I can't think of have 50/50s that are unreactable (if you don't have godlike top tier execution).
Ruthless' anti zoning is sub par really, most projectiles you have to stuff on a read unless you're full screen or its an air projectile. Or you can just take the hit with PnG armour but then you're taking 10%+

The only thing Ruthless truly excels at is damage, and maybe advantage on hit. Other than that we have decent to great coverage of other areas, in a game full of characters that push our shit in by abusing those same areas because they can do it way better than we can.
You excel at neutral jump punching, don't lie :p

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

if I wanted to reply to the lackey comment, I would have quoted it like I'm doing now. it ain't hard to understand really.

I don't see how erron or shinnok has better pressure or how almost everyone has better pokes than F/T. and if you take in account better damage even if unviable, I don't think I even need to tell you stupid that is.

F/T is great all around, once again: let's just wait and see. I usually get those predictions right, let's see if I'm mistaken this time.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Jesus what did I wake up to.

I don't see how erron or shinnok has better pressure or how almost everyone has better pokes than F/T. and if you take in account better damage even if unviable, I don't think I even need to tell you stupid that is.

F/T is great all around, once again: let's just wait and see. I usually get those predictions right, let's see if I'm mistaken this time.
In spite of his long limbs, he doesn't have many good advancing strings, no fast overhead option, and his zoning and anti-zoning tools are on a cooldown on use. Unfortunate for us, but those are generally needed for viable continuous pressure. We do decently well in pokes, but they're nothing to write home about really. We do have the damage, I will agree with that, and we do have the means to shut down a lot of options and force the opponent to play into a game stacked against them...

But those do not a superior poker make. They are certainly viable, but I do feel like people put them a bit higher than they need to really be. They're great all around, but they have places where they are strong and places they are weak. As it happens, our strengths don't come into play as often as our weaknesses do. That's all it is.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I used the image because he said that I'm saying that lackey is broken, witch I'm not. simple as that
A player asked if Lackey was viable. Nowhere did he mention the character as a whole or Ruthless. Your reply? "broken af". Who takes drugs again?

if I wanted to reply to the lackey comment, I would have quoted it like I'm doing now. it ain't hard to understand really.
Oh, so you weren't replying to that at all, you just happened to chime in after a player bumped the thread with a new question. That's a convenient excuse. Funny how you use incomplete sentences and then pretend other people are stupid for not understanding you clearly. In English we use subjects to clarify wtf we're talking about so this doesn't happen. Take notes.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
A player asked if Lackey was viable. Nowhere did he mention the character as a whole or Ruthless. Your reply? "broken af". Who takes drugs again?

Oh, so you weren't replying to that at all, you just happened to chime in after a player bumped the thread with a new question. That's a convenient excuse. Funny how you use incomplete sentences and then pretend other people are stupid for not understanding you clearly. In English we use subjects to clarify wtf we're talking about so this doesn't happen. Take notes.
I don't see why it would be an excuse, if I actually thought it was true why not keep on supporting my opinion? it's not like when I said I meant ruthless people started to agree with me. see, I wouldn't want to "pretend other people are stupid", but when you reply this way it's hard for me not to.

Thanks for the replies amd sorry for the shit show afterwards lol. I'm Feinstein sticking with ft amd gonna get used to the new lackey rolls and such. Been working on ruthless cancels with slow progress. As far as the sub matchups go I play vicious exclusively for gm but been practicing ruthless against cryo. Get a lot of slide spamming but besides me dropping combos it isn't too bad. Hopefully I'm as good as some of u soon just need more getting back into it. And what is af?lol

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I don't see why it would be an excuse, if I actually thought it was true why not keep on supporting my opinion?
I will give you that you were genuinely talking about Ruthless. Fine. But you're the one who didn't articulate yourself properly. Quit pretending there were no grounds for misinterpreting that.

it's not like when I said I meant ruthless people started to agree with me
Correct. It's not like that. Nobody is agreeing with you that Ruthless is "broken af". He's great and we would all agree he is above average, if not overpowered. We've been saying that since the XL beta.

But at the end of the day saying he's broken is just not an argument because it doesn't mean anything. It's an opinionated word with no objective qualities. I would assume most of us take that to mean something much more extreme than you do. In my opinion no character is broken. The game is in the best state of balance it ever has been.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I will give you that you were genuinely talking about Ruthless. Fine. But you're the one who didn't articulate yourself properly. Quit pretending there were no grounds for misinterpreting that.

Correct. It's not like that. Nobody is agreeing with you that Ruthless is "broken af". He's great and we would all agree he is above average, if not overpowered. We've been saying that since the XL beta.

But at the end of the day saying he's broken is just not an argument because it doesn't mean anything. It's an opinionated word with no objective qualities. I would assume most of us take that to mean something much more extreme than you do. In my opinion no character is broken. The game is in the best state of balance it ever has been.
so you are saying that if I wrote "overpowered af" instead of "broken af" everything would have been fine? hard for me to belive, but alright.