What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra/Torr Post-patch report

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
82% of your life bar seems pretty practical to me. You almost won the match by then.
Point taken, but I was referring not to the damage but the factors going into it. You have to have 3 meters and three PnG stacks, and they can't have a breaker and you have to land the combo before your buff runs out. Good luck, lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
guess im playing ruthless now

NRS has gifted Bane unto me once more.

Bless our holy savior, Ed Boon

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Loving the new f/t. Did anyone notice that doing a njp after pngc~f2 is WAY more consistent? Before it whiffed alot when you didn't do max range f2 and no I think I haven't Missed it once.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Am I the only F/T who didn't main Bane in IGAU?

Also curious who F/Ts mained in MK9 and in SFV. Kabal, Grundy and Birdie for me. If they bring back Kabal I'm probably switching mains. He's the only one I will do it for.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

Also curious who F/Ts mained in MK9 and in SFV. Kabal, Grundy and Birdie for me. If they bring back Kabal I'm probably switching mains. He's the only one I will do it for.
I played Noob above ALL OTHERS

Then Sektor and Reptile.

My mains are all over the place tho

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

Skarlet in mk9 and deathstroke in igau. I highly doubt that they'll bring back kabal:(

Steven_a

Light Bringer

CSZ and sektor in MK9. Nightwing for Injustice.

Last edited:
Kano in MK9. I know he wasn't good but he was fun! Between the buffs both Kano and Ferra/Torr got with this patch I am very pleased :)

MK Led

Umbasa
Kitana/Sonya/Skarlet in mk9, Laura in SFV (never really got into injustice but when I did play it I used hawkgirl). Though FT is the only one of these that I actually like beyond how they play in the game.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.

Nah, I mained Grundy and Bane was my second. Does that count? In MK9 I mained Sub but played everyone. SFV is Zangief baby, all day.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute

Doomsday, Grundy, Ares in Injustice. Never played MK9 and dont care for street fighter.

Lokheit

Noob
I wanted to ask this (but didn't want to start a thread just for it, so I'm using the XL one):

Is Vicious just a lesser version of Ruthless?

I toyed with Vicious a bit before XL and I'm toying with it now again, specially because medieval vicious looks really really cool.

But the more I try the more I think Ruthless cand do almost everything Vicious can, but better.

I've read about the tick throws tech in vicious (not sure if they're still there with the changes) and I know Ferra eats projectiles when thrown but...

- Ruthless has probably the easiest run cancel in the game (I SUCK at run cancels and I can do them) which also still apply its buff effects leading to some really serious damage. Granted you get some damage on yourself but they're great.

- Ruthless still got the other 2 projectiles for OH/Low mixups and they can now be meter burned into combo starters while boss toss needs meterburn to reach full screen so Vicious doesn't look to be that much better at range than Ruthless (it almost feels like either the low or oh should've been exclusive of vicious).

- Ruthless command throw is more damaging (I don't even know why Vicious throw needs extra inputs if the damage is still going to be worse unless I'm missing something).

So... basically, what pros have Vicious over Ruthless that justify picking it? What can it do that Ruthless can't?

I'm interested on the variation mostly because of the looks but I'm looking for gameplay reasons too.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I wanted to ask this (but didn't want to start a thread just for it, so I'm using the XL one):

So... basically, what pros have Vicious over Ruthless that justify picking it? What can it do that Ruthless can't?

I'm interested on the variation mostly because of the looks but I'm looking for gameplay reasons too.
Boss Toss is a 16% damage projectile that can be used in footsies, and it does better as an "anti-projectile" move than Ferra Toss/Bowl Girl. You can get a lot of mileage out of Boss Toss. MB Boss Toss goes full screen in no-time, and deals 20%. Boss Toss is also unbreakable damage. The Vicious command throw is pretty bad, in my opinion. I don't think the move is worth using.

Ruthless is probably F/T's best variation, but Vicious is just very simple. Very respectable meterless damage, and the new MB Ferra projectiles give Vicious more options for damaging combos by using 11, B121 and 2F4. It's my preferred F/T variation.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Vicious is a better footsies and anti-poke/projectile character who thrives against opponents who rely on chaining multiple low-advantage fast hits or abusing the upper-middle line across the screen (about Torr's head area).
Vicious takes care of both of those.

Ruthless is good if you can get momentum, otherwise he is barebones who can punch himself in the face. Good comeback potential, don't get me wrong, but either you get it or you don't.

Lokheit

Noob
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I focused too much on the "what to do when you're in" figuring boss toss wasn't that good in practice to keep them checked when you already have the other Ferra projectiles. Will toy with her a bit more, just wanted to know if it was really worth it from more experienced players so thanks for that :)

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I don't see it that way. Overall it's not as strong as Ruthless. But it's obviously dependent on matchup.

I use both depending on mood.

Some combos are just not possible to end with Command Grab in Ruthless, but can end with Boss Toss. I think it's easier to use.

Also, it sucks when you just have a few percent health left in Ruthless and can't use PnG. Or worse, you do use PnG and kill yourself.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I prefer vicious against characters like kitana and grandmaster. I assume ferra goes through Bo's fart cloud right? Similar to ice clone.