What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters
Just tried Ferra/Torr for the first time yesterday. SO MUCH FUN! Was curious about other's opinions on which variation would be the easiest to pick up first? I've seen all the basic moves, and some of the special of each one (pain and gain seems difficult to monitor/use), but lackey doesn't have that awesome neutral jump punch range. :|

I typically like playing super offensive characters. The kind that are in your face constantly and it seems Ferra/Torr would be perfect for that role!

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Probably ruthless, png cancels will let you do the smother them upclose style better than vicious. Vicious is easier though.

There is one string I can never ever land. It's the (beginner)xxpng, rc, F2, F3, 11, B121xxDeepStab. I consistently fail at the xxDeepstab. B121 always comes out, I just can't land that ending >.<

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
@iwinbutton If you're looking for offense Ruthless is the way to go. practice (string)xxPnGxx run throw, will really make your opponent think twice about pushing buttons, and also practice the timing to delay the run as late as possible.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Can't give you the numbers off the top of my head. On block I believe they are all minus, except 4.

It should be block adv. - (png start up + how ever many frames you delay the cancel)

Hope that helps.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I know next to NOTHING about FT. Which variation is his strongest. (Guessing Lackey or Vicious?)
Overall, Ruthless. Depends on matchup though.

• Vicious = counter-zoning
  • Lackey = rushdown/counterpressure
  • Ruthless = absurd damage output
Vicious and Ruthless are mostly the same except for like 2 major differences; Vicious has Boss Toss and the worse command grab; Ruthless gets Pain & Gain run cancels.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Overall, Ruthless. Depends on matchup though.

• Vicious = counter-zoning
  • Lackey = rushdown/counterpressure
  • Ruthless = absurd damage output
Vicious and Ruthless are mostly the same except for like 2 major differences; Vicious has Boss Toss and the worse command grab; Ruthless gets Pain & Gain run cancels.
Best in your opinion?
EDIT: I'm dumb just read it again. I though Ruthless was the worst

Kamikaze_Highlander

If the damage on ruthless was a little less I'd be inclined to say Lackey. Free armour, 6f d1, fantastic stagger pressure, and still very good damage.

But the mind games ruthless creates and the sheer amount of damage overshadow lackey's strength.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I though Ruthless was the worst
It used to be the worst between launch and the Fall patch. That was before Pain & Gain. He went from arguably bottom 5 in many peoples' opinion with kind of shitty punishes, to now having I think the strongest punishes in the game.

Ruthless has r.etard strength now. Honestly I think he's top 5. He's that good.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Ruthless is the best by far. Lackey has scary stuff up close but his neutral is terrible and if the opponent knows the matchup they will be running and jumping away from you as much as they can. Ruthless can stop lots of keepaway tactics decently with his Ferra toss, and has arguably better pressure and insane damage.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Ruthless is the best by far. Lackey has scary stuff up close but his neutral is terrible and if the opponent knows the matchup they will be running and jumping away from you as much as they can. Ruthless can stop lots of keepaway tactics decently with his Ferra toss, and has arguably better pressure and insane damage.
Dude, I'm way outdated, I'll start learning him them. My life has been a lie with F/T lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just as a fun little fact:

If the opponent backdashes a b.121xxMB OH toss expecting a regular one, F/T can full combo punish them for it.
Likewise if they are buffering backdash expecting the Oh after b.121, doing b.121xxbowl girl will still make the buffer come out, but is also full-combo punishable by F/T.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Just as a fun little fact:

If the opponent backdashes a b.121xxMB OH toss expecting a regular one, F/T can full combo punish them for it.
Likewise if they are buffering backdash expecting the Oh after b.121, doing b.121xxbowl girl will still make the buffer come out, but is also full-combo punishable by F/T.
The mind games yo :DOGE

I rarely use b121 oh toss though to make them think that I'll go for it I hate doing things with gaps when the opponent literally os everything you do