What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
There is and I'll be glad to invite you, though its kinda quiet right now since its inbetween patches and the next one is coming up soon. Do you wanna join too Moxy?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I do not have any at the moment as such. I am just starting with F/T and mainly playing Vicious as it seems the most zoney kind of the variations. More than anything I would like to look at past posts and see if there is anything that can help me out before asking one million questions :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Vicious right now is the weakest variation, but there is still plenty to abuse, such that there are certain blockstrings that are amazing as Ferra/Torr (such as b.12 b.12xxOH ferra toss b.121 or b.12 into another b.12 again in the corner) that are only made better by vicious by also giving you the option to mix in your Boss Toss with a retreating normal (like a b.3 on block)

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Vicious right now is the weakest variation, but there is still plenty to abuse, such that there are certain blockstrings that are amazing as Ferra/Torr (such as b.12 b.12xxOH ferra toss b.121 or b.12 into another b.12 again in the corner) that are only made better by vicious by also giving you the option to mix in your Boss Toss with a retreating normal (like a b.3 on block)
Yeah, I heard that Vicious was weak compared to the others. The main deciding factor war Boss Toss as it plays right into how I like to play. Pain and Gain seems very powerful, but you lose the extra zoning / projectile eating ability of BT.

I could not play Lackey as Ferra running around in the background drives me nuts lol

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Guys I'm having trouble with this bs, I played a really long set using ruthless vs a really good dvorah player, and basically after every hard knockdown he would run up, jump over me and land a meaty ji1. I tried many many things: tuck n charge, NJP, s1, b1, delay wakeup, but literally nothing worked, every attempt just got me full combod. After I started respecting it, it basically became a vortex situation where she would score a knockdown, get the meaty crossup and then go for a 50/50, throw or just go for more pressure, and there legitimately seemed to be nothing I could do about it. Does f/t legitimately have no options against this type of thing? Another thing that bugged me was that even when I know for a fact I have ferra on my back, my reversals only come out like 1 in 5 times. It will just do anything but my reversal, sometimes it just makes me keep blocking, and sometimes just nothing happens and I guess it made me stop blocking because i get combod. Any help for these problems?

Buiu

Woot
Guys I'm having trouble with this bs, I played a really long set using ruthless vs a really good dvorah player, and basically after every hard knockdown he would run up, jump over me and land a meaty ji1. I tried many many things: tuck n charge, NJP, s1, b1, delay wakeup, but literally nothing worked, every attempt just got me full combod. After I started respecting it, it basically became a vortex situation where she would score a knockdown, get the meaty crossup and then go for a 50/50, throw or just go for more pressure, and there legitimately seemed to be nothing I could do about it. Does f/t legitimately have no options against this type of thing? Another thing that bugged me was that even when I know for a fact I have ferra on my back, my reversals only come out like 1 in 5 times. It will just do anything but my reversal, sometimes it just makes me keep blocking, and sometimes just nothing happens and I guess it made me stop blocking because i get combod. Any help for these problems?

i fell your pain.

thats the main fault of F/T.

no AA at ALL, free to jumps all day,

ppl will say to you, use the godlike njp.

but its so slow, it lose everytime

Wetdoba

All too easy...
i fell your pain.

thats the main fault of F/T.

no AA at ALL, free to jumps all day,

ppl will say to you, use the godlike njp.

but its so slow, it lose everytime
NJP and overhead Ferra Toss are the best anti airs but only at a distance, close range AAs the best options are D3 and D1 because NRS thinks low pokes should be certain characters best anti airs

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Another option is to do a backdash on wake-up. Ours isn't great but it's good enough. Also an instant j.i.1 or j.b.1 might work if it's meaty around the head since Torr can jab like a foot off of the ground if you do it fast enough.

Otherwise, block the hit and mash out some armor. Surprisingly few things truly jail on Torr so sometimes you can just eat their next move

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Another option is to do a backdash on wake-up. Ours isn't great but it's good enough. Also an instant j.i.1 or j.b.1 might work if it's meaty around the head since Torr can jab like a foot off of the ground if you do it fast enough.

Otherwise, block the hit and mash out some armor. Surprisingly few things truly jail on Torr so sometimes you can just eat their next move
I tried back dashing, but i still got hit by the ji1 and I couldn't block it either because of the backdash recovery lol. And I have to hold block for a good 5 secs before I can mash armor.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I tried back dashing, but i still got hit by the ji1 and I couldn't block it either because of the backdash recovery lol. And I have to hold block for a good 5 secs before I can mash armor.
Weird. In that case I can maybe advise doing a long delay wake-up, but that's about all

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
imho not worth it ,

specially againts some good vertical hitbox jip like sz, jax, milena or the god lao

u will eat 36%+ everytime for trying
Jax's crossup 1 is seriously unstoppable man I've met lots of online jax's who pretty much base all their pressure on that j1. It's bonkers.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Jax's crossup 1 is seriously unstoppable man I've met lots of online jax's who pretty much base all their pressure on that j1. It's bonkers.
I tend to use lackey for Jax and exDB2 works wonders. When you don't have meter, occasionally bf3 can beat/trade if they go for b2 or b3. But it's not all that reliable.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I tend to use lackey for Jax and exDB2 works wonders. When you don't have meter, occasionally bf3 can beat/trade if they go for b2 or b3. But it's not all that reliable.
I think this is the ultimate solution. If you're not having any luck with the other two var's aa options, then switching to lackey for bd2 is prolly you're best bet

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Torr is too skinny. His gut is sunken in like they were afraid to give him any belly. Looks kinda like a zombie, Grundy or something. Between that and his red eye, I'm not sure wtf Torr is even supposed to be. Are these normal traits of his race? Seems like we don't have enough background yet.

Also, you guys seen the teen/adult Ferra in the concept art? What do you guys think of that? I was kind of sad we didn't get that. Older Ferra would have been great, but then maybe Tara Strong wouldn't have worked for the voice acting.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Well torr dies canonically soon after the events of MKX right? Maybe hes really old.
If you mean the ladder ending, those are not actual canon and they don't piece together appropriately. It's sort of like when you see alternate endings to movies.

But it should still be some indication of their backstory. So yeah, Torr is probably pretty old if the whole pygmy > giant transformation thing is canon. But does that explain his lack of body fat? He must be eating good to maintain. We know from the comic that he eats people if they're available lol.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
You guys seen the new F/T skin? They look like the enemies in Resident Evil 4, castle section. Ferra is a little friar girl and Torr is a big scary monster in a cathedral basement or something. I guess it's supposed to be post-apocalyptic though. Mad Max-ish.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you mean the ladder ending, those are not actual canon and they don't piece together appropriately. It's sort of like when you see alternate endings to movies.

But it should still be some indication of their backstory. So yeah, Torr is probably pretty old if the whole pygmy > giant transformation thing is canon. But does that explain his lack of body fat? He must be eating good to maintain. We know from the comic that he eats people if they're available lol.
The guy eats tarkatans (Baraka spawn) and other people, so its assumable that he enjoys a very high in protein diet. Also, his race has the traits of Kamidogu as it turns out, which are often attributed with red eyes. However, to ensure they aren't corrupted (like say forest fox) they adapted a symbiotic relationship which lessens the burden of madness. However, as is often the case for the rider, they develop mild insanity while the larger brutes have already lost some mental ability from the corruption over time. Still, it keeps them in check because they act as a check and balance.