What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Are there any video guides on how to play Ruthless since the pain and gain cancels?
I haven't seen yet, but for now I think it's safe to use existing guides, just incorporating new combos / "flash parry" into your game. Granted, learning particular cases where the latter will or will not work is probably quite a study.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
So i've been an F/T main since pretty much day 1. At the time PnG was just hard to set up for and use effectively, and I really didn't(and still don't really) like Lackey as timing bf3 to eat projectiles was unreliable and I hated not having range/mixups with Ferra, but I digress.

So with this in mind I was a dedicated Vicious player, I really liked the style, more about making the player come to you all the while running a gauntlet of Ferra. I was thinking last night about their command grabs, specifically ex versions. Lackey and Ruthless get more damage off the EX, as does Vicious. But Lackey and Ruthless grabs are hard knockdowns, AND they can also position with their EX command grabs. I'm curious as to why Vicious doesn't have this?

Due to the nature of Little Kutter, i thought it would be cool to see the EX version change into a launcher, as Ferra jumps up at the end let Torr start going rather than waiting for her to come back

Thoughts??

Kamikaze_Highlander

Not many, but mostly about Vicious' grab being only one that can tick off pretty much any singular normal, so it's not like there's no use for it.
So I took this to the lab and Ithink you're wrong, at least partially. I think you can tick with this because the start up for the grab is much longer than the rest, that it "resets" after the first normal's block stun. it won't tick off of anything the other two don't already.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So I took this to the lab and Ithink you're wrong, at least partially. I think you can tick with this because the start up for the grab is much longer than the rest, that it "resets" after the first normal's block stun. it won't tick off of anything the other two don't already.
Erm... That's pretty much what I meant, I'm not sure what you mean.
I don't think other grabs can connect when cancelled of anything, unlike this one, specifically because it is slow enough to let blockstun end by the time it connects.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Erm... That's pretty much what I meant, I'm not sure what you mean.
I don't think other grabs can connect when cancelled of anything, unlike this one, specifically because it is slow enough to let blockstun end by the time it connects.
Yea we agree, but it's hardly a tick throw since they have a chance to armour out.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yea we agree, but it's hardly a tick throw since they have a chance to armour out.
As per mechanics of any fighting game I know, you can always counter a throw that people sneak into pressure with normals. The only case when you can't execute a reversal or jump out is the case in which throw wouldn't connect anyway due to blockstun.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As per mechanics of any fighting game I know, you can always counter a throw that people sneak into pressure with normals. The only case when you can't execute a reversal or jump out is the case in which throw wouldn't connect anyway due to blockstun.
Actually there are two exceptions:

Bane used to have a tick throw based on the spacing of his b.2 that couldn't be armored or jumped out of unless that armored move started with grab immunity.
Ferra/Torr currently has a sort of tick throw he can do using a bowl girl due to blockstun being higher at the end of animations, but its a very percise timing. Again, grab immunity wins, nothing else gets through.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Does anyone know why f2 doesn't armour break? on hit there is clearly two hits, one low and one mid. You can see it in training and by the combo counter. but on armoured moves there is only one low hit. Anyone know why this is? balancing purposes? I mean liu Kang, Erron Black both have (almost to) instant double hitting moves that will consistently break armour. So why do we lose a hit while they keep theirs?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Does anyone know why f2 doesn't armour break? on hit there is clearly two hits, one low and one mid. You can see it in training and by the combo counter. but on armoured moves there is only one low hit. Anyone know why this is? balancing purposes? I mean liu Kang, Erron Black both have (almost to) instant double hitting moves that will consistently break armour. So why do we lose a hit while they keep theirs?
Do you ask about mech behind it or about NRS' design philosophy? If former, this is because second hit only comes out on a proper hit. If the latter, then this is probably wrong place to ask :p

Closest to armor break we have is probably b12 or b2~tuck'n'charge, for ruthless that could be counter-armoring with P'n'G.

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
I was playing the other day, i lost Round 1 and Round 2 started and ferra was still running around like a chicken without his head, and that is not the first time something like that happened, do you think they should change ferra "respawn" a little?

Last edited:

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Need to make it so the little rascal doesnt get tossed off everytime im thrown as well. or they could make kung laos hat fall off everytime hes thrown.

MK Led

Umbasa
I was playing the other day, i lost Round 1 and Round 2 started and ferra was still running around like a chicken without his head, and that is not the first time something like that happened, do you think they should change ferra "respawn" a little?
I'm not sure we will ever get such a lovely buff, but starting the round without ferra just isn't fair, a simple tp to torr's back at the end of a round would be nice, even if it remains unchanged in other areas.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
So with this in mind I was a dedicated Vicious player, I really liked the style, more about making the player come to you all the while running a gauntlet of Ferra. I was thinking last night about their command grabs, specifically ex versions. Lackey and Ruthless get more damage off the EX, as does Vicious. But Lackey and Ruthless grabs are hard knockdowns, AND they can also position with their EX command grabs. I'm curious as to why Vicious doesn't have this?
I think it is an issue of balancing, as Vicious command grab cannot be neutral ducked, unlike every other command grab in the game AFAIK.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
What sort of mind games are you guys playing with frame trap of f2 into close ferra toss? Since most people here know it's really plus and allows b1 to jail on block, how can you make the most of your options as a followup once you've got the opponent respecting it? Without ferra you only have access to the low 50/50 so i don't see many ways to mix your opponent up. Also against people who don't respect or just don't know about the frame trap, to me it seems like b1212 is the only guaranteed way to blow them up for pressing a button, which isn't that big a reward for making a correct read. Can anyone help me with the current meta of this frame trap?

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
Also against people who don't respect or just don't know about the frame trap, to me it seems like b1212 is the only guaranteed way to blow them up for pressing a button, which isn't that big a reward for making a correct read.
i normally do b121- ferra toss and follow that with another b121 when they don't know/respect it i end up doing b121-boss toss on hit, normally ferra is already on you back. but i only do the ferra toss frame trap in the corner, so there is that.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Hi All

If there is a PM discussion about F/T, can I please get an invite. I am picking them up. Well.... trying to!!!