What's new

Favorite combos to pull off on somone

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
UMK3 came out sometime in late 1995, so probably within a couple weeks of its release, it was at a mall about 45 minutes from me. I was only 14 so I didn't have any way to get around on my own to the places that got games the fastest. There was a video store across the street from my grandmother's house and the guy there tried to get new games as fast as he could but since it was a small place and just a video store he often had to wait about 6 months before he could. I think he got MK3 upgraded to UMK3 within a couple months and it probably made a lot more money than the vender expected. Anytime something was busted he'd get the guy to come and fix it, he even gave us stacks of extra quarters. He was an all around great guy and I still see him from time to time.

Usub's autocombo looks awsome from a kickstarter while there frozen.

Or running to a frozen opponent then doing the autocombo.

Both look good.

lol, the first combo I ever did in UMK3 was aaHP, spear, HP, HP, HK, B+HK with Scorpion as a count to a blatant Sektor Teleport Uppercut. I had never played UMK3 before, but something clicked when I did it.
I'm ashamed to say the first combo I pulled off in UMK3 in the arcade was probably TP Uppercut Spear HP HP LK HK LP. I remember when it hit the arcades I used to pick Robo Smoke a lot. I also picked Cyrax a lot. I can't stand either of those characters now haha.

I'd have to say in the corner with Ermac.
TKS, aaHP,HP, JK, RH, TKS, aaHP,HP, JK, RH, LK.

If they're just some noobie online player, it's always fun to hear the gasps as they see a 100% combo.

Other than that, Human Smoke.
HK, LP, JK, TP, Spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP,HP, JK. (I know aaHP, JK, Air Throw does more, but it doesn't show as more).

I like to Do Mileena's 5 hit pop up because it's the hottest pop up in the game and it wasn't too long ago when I finally pulled it off. I spent eight years after UMK3's release trying to figure it out on my own, and when I finally did that it was fucking exhilarating! Of course comming up with combos after the pop up is all common knowledge.

I ended up getting it(minus the extra jk) offline a bunch of times last night and today vs the cpu. The stomp is pretty tricky though...sometimes it lands in front or in back of them even though it looks like you are landing right on them.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I love Ermac's otg (either the five hit, or four hit kick auto) in the corner off a tks to end a combo. Sure a lot of people have seen it before, but doing it in a game and hearing players like "what the fuck, crazy" is amusing. I hardly ever play serious, so fuck that 10% more damage I could have had. Also fun to go from aahps to relaunchers.

Kung Laos Spin, run, aaHP, JHP, Dive Kick, Spin, Run in, U+JK, U=JK. I've tried it SO MANY TIMES and i got it once on kabal. i was like HOLY!!!

Tim it's his first post lol give him a break

The stryker one made sense, don't know what he was trying to communicate with the human smoke one.