What's new

Fantastically Fancy Fan Favourite: The Kitana general discussion-thread

You have to really pay attention to when the string stops and react with d1 or jump back. You can interrupt him every time before he does another string but you have to be fast. Keep blocking and you will begin to see his patterns. Don't fear the spin, you block it and you get 48% every time.
Thanks, I'll try that next time I play.

xTHUGx

Noob
You have to really pay attention to when the string stops and react with d1 or jump back. You can interrupt him every time before he does another string but you have to be fast. Keep blocking and you will begin to see his patterns. Don't fear the spin, you block it and you get 48% every time.
Ah i'll try that next time I face a good Kung Lao. Also, what are you starting the spin punish with? f2,1?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This worked! tried it on a decent Kung Lao I played earlier, But I was wondering if there's a good punish for Lao's teleport or EX teleport?
Normal Teleport - Fan Lift, make sure you make the bb input backdash you out of range then hit 2 to lift them up.

EX Teleport - Wait until he comes up the other side and jump back and fan on your way down. I have heard you can time an EX Air Fan when he lands and loses armor then go into the f21 combo but I haven't tested it.

xTHUGx

Noob
Normal Teleport - Fan Lift, make sure you make the bb input backdash you out of range then hit 2 to lift them up.

EX Teleport - Wait until he comes up the other side and jump back and fan on your way down. I have heard you can time an EX Air Fan when he lands and loses armor then go into the f21 combo but I haven't tested it.
I'm sorry to say but If I happen to block Lao's regular spin it knocks me far away from him , yet his EX spin puts me right next to him causing it to be easy to punish it. So in other words I don't seem to be able to punish Lao's blocked regular spin.

If it helps, I'm an xbox360 user and I believe xbox hasn't gotten all the updates yet.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I'm sorry to say but If I happen to block Lao's regular spin it knocks me far away from him , yet his EX spin puts me right next to him causing it to be easy to punish it. So in other words I don't seem to be able to punish Lao's blocked regular spin.

If it helps, I'm an xbox360 user and I believe xbox hasn't gotten all the updates yet.
Even prepatch its not that hard to punish a blocked regular spin, esp with Kit. Id go as far to say shes one of the best at punishing it in the game. As soon as the pushback happens release block and quickly right afterward do the f2,1 into whatever kombo you want.

To practice it just go into training mode and set Kung to wakeup and always block, then when regular spin is blocked just practice the above method. I ahvent tried it THAT much online to be honest but a decent connection shouldnt cause enough lag to ruin the counter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

You said TELEPORT, not spin. Both spins are punishable by whatever you want to do.

xTHUGx

Noob
Why the 48% instead of the 54%? Are you just stating the meterless version?
Do you mind sharing the EX version of the combo? Also i've been wondering how to punish Raiden's teleport. I can most of the time hit him with an uppercut but thats about it.

xTHUGx

Noob
You said TELEPORT, not spin. Both spins are punishable by whatever you want to do.
Yes, I did say TELEPORT earlier, I was just jumping onto a different question specificly for you since you seem to give me the best answers. I didn't mean to sound like you gave me the wrong info.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yes, I did say TELEPORT earlier, I was just jumping onto a different question specificly for you since you seem to give me the best answers. I didn't mean to sound like you gave me the wrong info.
Xbox doesn't have updates yet, Lao spin will get easier to punish soon. Sorry if I sounded like I was mad lol

@DrDogg, I don't like to use meter for a combo unless I really need to like for unbreakable air fan damage. Her normal damage is good enough IMO

xTHUGx

Noob
Xbox doesn't have updates yet, Lao spin will get easier to punish soon. Sorry if I sounded like I was mad lol
Haha. Apology accepted.

@DrDogg, I don't like to use meter for a combo unless I really need to like for unbreakable air fan damage. Her normal damage is good enough IMO
Ah okay, so EX fanlift makes the whole combo unbreakable? If so, this will encourage me to start using it more often. I honestly didn't know what the difference was between an EX and none-EX fanlift.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ah okay, so EX fanlift makes the whole combo unbreakable? If so, this will encourage me to start using it more often. I honestly didn't know what the difference was between an EX and none-EX fanlift.
No, the EX Fan's extend the combos.

EX Fan Lift is a very good move. It comes out in 10 frames, which is really fast in this game. Great for countering crossups and as wakeup (even though it's not invincible).

xTHUGx

Noob
No, the EX Fan's extend the combos.

EX Fan Lift is a very good move. It comes out in 10 frames, which is really fast in this game. Great for countering crossups and as wakeup (even though it's not invincible).
Ok so I still don't completely understand. Does the EX Fan Lift make me do an extra Fan Lift in a combo? for example: I CAN'T do 2 Fan-Lifts in 1 combo because in the second Fan Lift, the opponent will fall too quick. So will the EX Fan Lift let me do 1 regular Fan Lift~combo followed by an EX Fan Lift? without the opponent falling quick?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ok so I still don't completely understand. Does the EX Fan Lift make me do an extra Fan Lift in a combo? for example: I CAN'T do 2 Fan-Lifts in 1 combo because in the second Fan Lift, the opponent will fall too quick. So will the EX Fan Lift let me do 1 regular Fan Lift~combo followed by an EX Fan Lift? without the opponent falling quick?
FAN LIFT 101:
You can't do a fan lift twice in a combo and you can't do a fan lift to extend a combo after you have already done an air fan.

DrDogg

Noob
The advantage of EX Fan Lift is the fact that it comes out significantly faster than normal Fan Lift, and it has a larger hit box. Mid-combo, you can use an EX Fan Lift to pick up an opponent that's virtually on the ground. Normal Fan Lift would miss in this situation.

This allows you to use an EX Fan Lift much later in a combo compared to when you can use a normal Fan Lift. However, as Konqrr said, no matter which Fan Lift you use, it's only possible to use one Fan Lift per combo. A second Fan Lift will just drop the opponent.

Do you mind sharing the EX version of the combo? Also i've been wondering how to punish Raiden's teleport. I can most of the time hit him with an uppercut but thats about it.
From the combo thread:

55% (1 bar) - f+2,1, NJP, 4~Fan Toss, 2~Fan Toss, 2~EX Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2, 2

Ah... yeah, I've been trying to really look at Kitana's meter game. I never use her X-ray. Just seems very limited in its uses when you look at everything Kitana has. I've been using meter for max damage when the opponent has no breaker, but I think I may save it for unbreakable EX fan combos instead.

xTHUGx

Noob
Is it pointless if I do Kitana's fan loop+~48% combo wasting all my 3 bars? I'm assuming the damage scaling will make the combo bad damage for it being 3 bars used?

DrDogg

Noob
Is it pointless if I do Kitana's fan loop+~48% combo wasting all my 3 bars? I'm assuming the damage scaling will make the combo bad damage for it being 3 bars used?
The EX Fan Toss combos are extremely good when you're about to win a match and your opponent has enough meter to use a breaker. I try not to use them just to win a round, because then you start the next round at a meter disadvantage, but if you can win the match with an EX Fan Toss combo, it's well worth the meter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you have a hard time landing her 48% BnB combo or her other various big damage combos and your opponent doesn't have a breaker and you REALLY need damage (wow, that's a lot of ifs), then go for the 3x EX Fan loop because it's really easy damage. But really, it scales so much that it's a waste of meter.

@DrDogg, When you really need damage or to close out games, catching someone with an anti air 2~xray is too good to not use. It's 100% unbreakable and does 32%, you could also do 2~fan, iAF, xray for 36% I think. I wouldn't use it unless I really needed it though because I could go for the 2~fan combo for 43% and make them use their breaker...it's just something to throw out there to close out games when you need big damage at the end of a game and they have a breaker. It's good for crossups too in the same situation.

DrDogg

Noob
If you have a hard time landing her 48% BnB combo or her other various big damage combos and your opponent doesn't have a breaker and you REALLY need damage (wow, that's a lot of ifs), then go for the 3x EX Fan loop because it's really easy damage. But really, it scales so much that it's a waste of meter.

@DrDogg, When you really need damage or to close out games, catching someone with an anti air 2~xray is too good to not use. It's 100% unbreakable and does close to 40% IIRC. I wouldn't use it unless I really needed it though because I could go for the 2~fan combo for 43% and make them use their breaker...it's just something to throw out there to close out games when you need big damage at the end of a game and they have a breaker. It's good for crossups too in the same situation.
I know naked x-ray kills cross-ups, but does 2~x-ray work as anti cross-up as well? I can't imagine 2 works, but I figured I'd ask lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I know naked x-ray kills cross-ups, but does 2~x-ray work as anti cross-up as well? I can't imagine 2 works, but I figured I'd ask lol.
Yes, 2~fan or 2~xray are reliable counters to crossups. You get 43% off a 2~fan combo to punish crossups. Don't try online though lol