What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yup, shit is crazy. And they aren’t identifying themselves or saying anything. Just taking people away from what I’ve seen.
Absolutely terrifying.
This is why when voting time comes, people need to go out in groups and keep strength in numbers. Help your fellow humans feel safe and secure in the face of scary shit like this, ESPECIALLY in the swing states. Best believe those forever Trumpers, KKK members, fundamentalist nutcases and so on are going to be out there in their trucks with their guns patrolling like we saw in 2018 and before that; let them keep that same energy in the face of a unified front. The scary tactics are all they have, and they fall and fall hard in November if and when those tactics fail.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Google "unmarked van" and you can find a ton of sources. Unidentified agents are straight kidnapping protestors in Portland and other locations. Here is an actual video of it happening:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gx9gkj In that incident, real police at least seemed to be present, but there have been other incidents where no real police were present.
^
People keep talking about Communism, etc -- @M2Dave this is what actual authoritarianism looks like.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
^
People keep talking about Communism, etc -- @M2Dave this is what actual authoritarianism looks like.
And this is what racism looks like. The document was originally published by the National Museum of African-American History, which I believe is subsidized by the federal government. The document is ironically more racist to African Americans than to Caucasians. The content is indistinguishable to what David Duke would claim to argue for racial superiority.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Google "unmarked van" and you can find a ton of sources. Unidentified agents are straight kidnapping protestors in Portland and other locations. Here is an actual video of it happening:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gx9gkj In that incident, real police at least seemed to be present, but there have been other incidents where no real police were present.

According to Business Insider, the gear the agents are wearing is available on Ebay (https://www.businessinsider.com/federal-officers-wearing-in-portland-wearing-gear-available-online-2020-7).
Wow, this is shocking! I found a couple of articles, but do you guys know more about the case(s)?

Who has been abducted? Did they reappear? What did they say then? Was the person involved in any serious criminal acts?

Guys, more than ever: Be careful with your word. Everyone using extreme phrases will be used as an excuse from the other side for their even more extreme actions.

haketh

Noob
Wow, this is shocking! I found a couple of articles, but do you guys know more about the case(s)?

Who has been abducted? Did they reappear? What did they say then? Was the person involved in any serious criminal acts?

Guys, more than ever: Be careful with your word. Everyone using extreme phrases will be used as an excuse from the other side for their even more extreme actions.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this shit starts happening up here in Seattle to.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

Apparently the girl from that video is safe. She posted bail, though no one is really sure what she was arrested for, so they don't know why she was required to post bail. The guy from the Washington Post article was apparently questioned by police after being detained but released without charges when he refused to talk. Seems to be nothing more than direct intimidation. However, since everyone involved is anonymous, he's unable to do anything about it. Those are the only two cases I've followed up on, though. Those are also cases where real police were involved. In both cases, it seems the victims were simply walking home from peaceful protests, and it looks like neither has been charged with any crime. Here is a pretty detailed write-up about it.

“I am basically tossed into the van,” Pettibone said. “And I had my beanie pulled over my face so I couldn’t see and they held my hands over my head.”

Pettibone and O’Shea both said they couldn’t think of anything they might have done to end up targeted by law enforcement. They attend protests regularly but they said they aren’t “instigators.” They don’t spray paint buildings, shine laser pointers at officers or do anything else other than attend protests, which law enforcement have regularly deemed “unlawful assemblies.”

Blinded by his hat, in an unmarked minivan full of armed people dressed in camouflage and body armor who hadn’t identified themselves, Pettibone said he was driven around downtown before being unloaded inside a building. He wouldn’t learn until after his release that he had been inside the federal courthouse.

“It was basically a process of facing many walls and corners as they patted me down and took my picture and rummaged through my belongings,” Pettibone said. “One of them said, ‘This is a whole lot of nothing.’”

Pettibone said he was put into a cell. Soon after, two officers came in to read him his Miranda rights. They didn’t tell him why he was being arrested. He said they asked him if he wanted to waive his rights and answer some questions, but Pettibone declined and said he wanted a lawyer. The interview was terminated, and about 90 minutes later he was released. He said he did not receive any paperwork, citation or record of his arrest.

“I just happened to be wearing black on a sidewalk in downtown Portland at the time,” Pettibone said. “And that apparently is grounds for detaining me.”

According to the US Marshals Service, "All United States Marshals Service arrestees have public records of arrest documenting their charges. Our agency did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”

This article contains several videos of abductions in Ohio.

Here are some cited sources I've found on Reddit:

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum late Friday sued the Department of Homeland Security and the Marshals Service in federal court as part of an effort to obtain a court order that would prevent federal agents from arresting people in Portland. Demonstrations against systemic racism have continued nightly in Portland since police killed George Floyd on May 25. Videos from the protests have shown agents arresting protesters and putting them in unmarked SUVs. Rosenblaum is seeking a temporary restraining order to “immediately stop federal authorities from unlawfully detaining Oregonians.”
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/hua90r
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/hubvej
“You’ll see something rolled out this week, as we start to go in and make sure that the communities — whether it’s Chicago or Portland or Milwaukee or someplace across the heartland — we need to make sure their communities are safe,” he added ("he" being Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows).

All three cities named are run by Democrats.

President Donald Trump also indicated that federal squads would likely target cities run by the party that opposes him. He said on “Fox News Sunday” that “violence” was on the increase in “Democrat-run cities.”

“They are liberally run, they are stupidly run,” he added.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler told NPR Sunday that while the protest situation had been tense in his city, it was quieting — until the federal squads moved in and “blew the lid off the whole thing.”

He said city and state officials tried to reason with Wolf but were told to “stuff it.”

With the federal squads, “they won’t even identify who they are,” Wheeler said. “We don’t know why they’re here. We don’t know the circumstances under which they’re making arrests. We don’t know what their policies are or what accountability mechanisms” they follow, he added.

No one is totally sure who the agents are (including the mayors of the cities they are attacking), but the best guesses are a combination of Homeland Security and ICE, along with Officers from the U.S. Marshals Special Operations Group and Customs and Border Protection’s BORTAC. However, like this article mentions, anyone can buy this gear on eBay.

But the personnel in Portland had few identifiable patches or markings, which are normally worn by members of the armed forces and law-enforcement agencies. At least one officer had what appeared to be a nondescript Velcro patch on his left shoulder, standard for the military and some firearm enthusiasts, and a single "POLICE" patch on his tactical vest.

A variety of such patches are sold online, including ones marked "POLICE" and a near replica of the Department of Homeland Security's patch. Patches of law-enforcement agencies and specific military units are also available on the internet, often sold under the pretense of catering to enthusiasts and veterans.

The entire ensemble seen in the videos, down to the minivan, is readily available to consumers, making it exceedingly difficult to discern between a legitimate authority and a provocateur masquerading as one.

I know feathers get ruffled when you compare Trump to Hitler, but this isn't too far off from what the Gestapo was doing:

Between June 1942 and March 1943, student protests were calling for an end to the Nazi regime. These included the non-violent resistance of Hans and Sophie Scholl, two leaders of the White Rose student group.[50] However, resistance groups and those who were in moral or political opposition to the Nazis were stalled by the fear of reprisals from the Gestapo. Fearful of an internal overthrow, the forces of the Gestapo were unleashed on the opposition. Groups like the White Rose and others, such as the Edelweiss Pirates, and the Swing Youth, were placed under strict Gestapo observation. Some participants were sent to concentration camps. Leading members of the most famous of these groups, the White Rose, were arrested by the police and turned over to the Gestapo. For several leaders their punishment was death.[51] During the first five months of 1943, the Gestapo arrested thousands suspected of resistance activities and carried out numerous executions. Student opposition leaders were executed in late February, and a major opposition organisation, the Oster Circle, was destroyed in April 1943.[52] Efforts to resist the Nazi regime amounted to very little and had only minor chances of success, particularly since the broad percentage of the German people did not support such actions.[53]

Right now it looks like they're only temporarily detaining people. However, they've already gassed and attacked peaceful protestors, and we already have active concentration camps, so it's not difficult to see how far this can potentially go, now that they're officially onto the "anonymous agents pulling people into unmarked vans" phase.

From this article:
"What's required is a little bit of demystification of it," says Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia. "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."

Not every concentration camp is a death camp—in fact, their primary purpose is rarely extermination, and never in the beginning. Often, much of the death and suffering is a result of insufficient resources, overcrowding, and deteriorating conditions. So far, 24 people have died in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement under the Trump administration, while six children have died in the care of other agencies since September.

As a reminder, by DHS's own assertion, these detainments are civil, not criminal, and are not meant to be punitive in the way of a prison. Many of these people have not even been accused of a crime.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Apparently the girl from that video is safe. She posted bail, though no one is really sure what she was arrested for, so they don't know why she was required to post bail. The guy from the Washington Post article was apparently questioned by police after being detained but released without charges when he refused to talk. Seems to be nothing more than direct intimidation. However, since everyone involved is anonymous, he's unable to do anything about it. Those are the only two cases I've followed up on, though. Those are also cases where real police were involved. In both cases, it seems the victims were simply walking home from peaceful protests, and it looks like neither has been charged with any crime. Here is a pretty detailed write-up about it.

“I am basically tossed into the van,” Pettibone said. “And I had my beanie pulled over my face so I couldn’t see and they held my hands over my head.”

Pettibone and O’Shea both said they couldn’t think of anything they might have done to end up targeted by law enforcement. They attend protests regularly but they said they aren’t “instigators.” They don’t spray paint buildings, shine laser pointers at officers or do anything else other than attend protests, which law enforcement have regularly deemed “unlawful assemblies.”

Blinded by his hat, in an unmarked minivan full of armed people dressed in camouflage and body armor who hadn’t identified themselves, Pettibone said he was driven around downtown before being unloaded inside a building. He wouldn’t learn until after his release that he had been inside the federal courthouse.

“It was basically a process of facing many walls and corners as they patted me down and took my picture and rummaged through my belongings,” Pettibone said. “One of them said, ‘This is a whole lot of nothing.’”

Pettibone said he was put into a cell. Soon after, two officers came in to read him his Miranda rights. They didn’t tell him why he was being arrested. He said they asked him if he wanted to waive his rights and answer some questions, but Pettibone declined and said he wanted a lawyer. The interview was terminated, and about 90 minutes later he was released. He said he did not receive any paperwork, citation or record of his arrest.

“I just happened to be wearing black on a sidewalk in downtown Portland at the time,” Pettibone said. “And that apparently is grounds for detaining me.”

According to the US Marshals Service, "All United States Marshals Service arrestees have public records of arrest documenting their charges. Our agency did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”

This article contains several videos of abductions in Ohio.

Here are some cited sources I've found on Reddit:

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum late Friday sued the Department of Homeland Security and the Marshals Service in federal court as part of an effort to obtain a court order that would prevent federal agents from arresting people in Portland. Demonstrations against systemic racism have continued nightly in Portland since police killed George Floyd on May 25. Videos from the protests have shown agents arresting protesters and putting them in unmarked SUVs. Rosenblaum is seeking a temporary restraining order to “immediately stop federal authorities from unlawfully detaining Oregonians.”
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/hua90r
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/hubvej
“You’ll see something rolled out this week, as we start to go in and make sure that the communities — whether it’s Chicago or Portland or Milwaukee or someplace across the heartland — we need to make sure their communities are safe,” he added ("he" being Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows).

All three cities named are run by Democrats.

President Donald Trump also indicated that federal squads would likely target cities run by the party that opposes him. He said on “Fox News Sunday” that “violence” was on the increase in “Democrat-run cities.”

“They are liberally run, they are stupidly run,” he added.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler told NPR Sunday that while the protest situation had been tense in his city, it was quieting — until the federal squads moved in and “blew the lid off the whole thing.”

He said city and state officials tried to reason with Wolf but were told to “stuff it.”

With the federal squads, “they won’t even identify who they are,” Wheeler said. “We don’t know why they’re here. We don’t know the circumstances under which they’re making arrests. We don’t know what their policies are or what accountability mechanisms” they follow, he added.

No one is totally sure who the agents are (including the mayors of the cities they are attacking), but the best guesses are a combination of Homeland Security and ICE, along with Officers from the U.S. Marshals Special Operations Group and Customs and Border Protection’s BORTAC. However, like this article mentions, anyone can buy this gear on eBay.

But the personnel in Portland had few identifiable patches or markings, which are normally worn by members of the armed forces and law-enforcement agencies. At least one officer had what appeared to be a nondescript Velcro patch on his left shoulder, standard for the military and some firearm enthusiasts, and a single "POLICE" patch on his tactical vest.

A variety of such patches are sold online, including ones marked "POLICE" and a near replica of the Department of Homeland Security's patch. Patches of law-enforcement agencies and specific military units are also available on the internet, often sold under the pretense of catering to enthusiasts and veterans.

The entire ensemble seen in the videos, down to the minivan, is readily available to consumers, making it exceedingly difficult to discern between a legitimate authority and a provocateur masquerading as one.

I know feathers get ruffled when you compare Trump to Hitler, but this isn't too far off from what the Gestapo was doing:

Between June 1942 and March 1943, student protests were calling for an end to the Nazi regime. These included the non-violent resistance of Hans and Sophie Scholl, two leaders of the White Rose student group.[50] However, resistance groups and those who were in moral or political opposition to the Nazis were stalled by the fear of reprisals from the Gestapo. Fearful of an internal overthrow, the forces of the Gestapo were unleashed on the opposition. Groups like the White Rose and others, such as the Edelweiss Pirates, and the Swing Youth, were placed under strict Gestapo observation. Some participants were sent to concentration camps. Leading members of the most famous of these groups, the White Rose, were arrested by the police and turned over to the Gestapo. For several leaders their punishment was death.[51] During the first five months of 1943, the Gestapo arrested thousands suspected of resistance activities and carried out numerous executions. Student opposition leaders were executed in late February, and a major opposition organisation, the Oster Circle, was destroyed in April 1943.[52] Efforts to resist the Nazi regime amounted to very little and had only minor chances of success, particularly since the broad percentage of the German people did not support such actions.[53]

Right now it looks like they're only temporarily detaining people. However, they've already gassed and attacked peaceful protestors, and we already have active concentration camps, so it's not difficult to see how far this can potentially go, now that they're officially onto the "anonymous agents pulling people into unmarked vans" phase.

From this article:
"What's required is a little bit of demystification of it," says Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia. "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."

Not every concentration camp is a death camp—in fact, their primary purpose is rarely extermination, and never in the beginning. Often, much of the death and suffering is a result of insufficient resources, overcrowding, and deteriorating conditions. So far, 24 people have died in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement under the Trump administration, while six children have died in the care of other agencies since September.

As a reminder, by DHS's own assertion, these detainments are civil, not criminal, and are not meant to be punitive in the way of a prison. Many of these people have not even been accused of a crime.
Thank you for all this detail. You are truly a beacon of justice.

The US is becoming full on fascist. Trump is legit evil and it baffles me that people on here support him.

Even more hilarious is that there's some people who will still stand by their opinion of the US being the pinnacle of 'freedom'. Looooooooooooool.
I'm waiting with baited breath to hear if or how Candace Owens' Understudy and the one or two Trumpers left on this forum can possibly defend any of this. People love to play cheerleader for the asshole just to get people worked up, but are never anywhere to be found when he does the dirty so big that it's legit scary. Don't want to have their King's back when his tantrums get out of control, but I'm the cringey radical when I call out the bullshit or point out that the right has out-authoritarianed the left by miles in every direction.
Unprofessional as can be.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Even more hilarious is that there's some people who will still stand by their opinion of the US being the pinnacle of 'freedom'. Looooooooooooool.
On the contrary, this often gives me great anxiety; those who see BLM protesters murdered in hit-and-runs and still say "maybe they shouldn't have been in the road" are the same people who say rape victims should've dressed differently.

I feel the humor in people being presented with tremendous evidence against their offensive beliefs (no matter how illogical) and still believing them anyway. But these days are so gloomy. People are trapped in these bubbles. They care about money and convenience over all civil things. It's hard to laugh at people being stupid because of how they're being stupid.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
On the contrary, this often gives me great anxiety; those who see BLM protesters murdered in hit-and-runs and still say "maybe they shouldn't have been in the road" are the same people who say rape victims should've dressed differently.

I feel the humor in people being presented with tremendous evidence against their offensive beliefs (no matter how illogical) and still believing them anyway. But these days are so gloomy. People are trapped in these bubbles. They care about money and convenience over all civil things. It's hard to laugh at people being stupid because of how they're being stupid.
Just to clarify, it's not actually hilarious. I'm using it in more of a non literal, 'this is so fucked up' way.

The US is disgraceful. Its history is tainted with blood and the oppression of people, but to still be acting this way in 2020 is fucking BARBARIC.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Just to clarify, it's not actually hilarious. I'm using it in more of a non literal, 'this is so fucked up' way.

The US is disgraceful. Its history is tainted with blood and the oppression of people, but to still be acting this way in 2020 is fucking BARBARIC.
We've been the bad guys for a long time now. It just gets left out of context because we're "prosperous," which is a fancy way of saying that the world as it's structured now can't exist without a functional America.

"WeLl If YoU dOnT lIkE iT, yOu CaN gEt OuT!"
And go where? Canada? England? Australia? You know how many years and how much money it takes to actually relocate to another country? Nah, fam, I think I'll stay right here and use my "freedom of speech" while I still have it to help point out how fucked the entirety of life in America in 2020 is. Like the late John Lewis said, "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble."

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anybody see Chris Wallace of Fox News interview Trump the other day? It was really the first time Trump was “pushed” on any questions or given anything remotely related to “tough” questions. It was actually pretty entertaining tbh. Super surprised Fox News of all stations gave this interview. I will give Trump one thing, he definitely can give “answers” to any question even if they aren’t really answers or if the answers make no sense OR if they are straight up lies.

trufenix

bye felicia
Anybody see Chris Wallace of Fox News interview Trump the other day? It was really the first time Trump was “pushed” on any questions or given anything remotely related to “tough” questions. It was actually pretty entertaining tbh. Super surprised Fox News of all stations gave this interview. I will give Trump one thing, he definitely can give “answers” to any question even if they aren’t really answers or if the answers make no sense OR if they are straight up lies.

And yet ZERO mind you, ZERO consequence. This fuckstick president can bold face lie and get called out on it on network television, and two days later, tweet about how patriotic he is for wearing a mask to ROUSING applause.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
And yet ZERO mind you, ZERO consequence. This fuckstick president can bold face lie and get called out on it on network television, and two days later, tweet about how patriotic he is for wearing a mask to ROUSING applause.
"Your Favorite President" literally made me want to puke. How anyone can live with themselves still supporting this inhumane paegentry is beyond my ability to understand.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

His comments in regards to the upcoming election scare me more than anything. Elder Gods help us all if he goes out with one last nationwide embarrassing action having to be forcibly removed from office.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
His comments in regards to the upcoming election scare me more than anything. Elder Gods help us all if he goes out with one last nationwide embarrassing action having to be forcibly removed from office.
Look at what happened in Kentucky last year; former Governor Matt Bevins was voted out of office, and pardoned 400+ criminals on his way out the door, including a multitude of rapists, drug dealers and murderers: https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/787811560/on-his-way-out-kentucky-gov-matt-bevin-pardons-murderers-rapists-hundreds-more

Shit like THAT is why I will always hammer home how the left in America will never hold a candle to being as petty, cruel and despicable as the right. Not a fucking chance.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I’ve been watching mostly wrestling podcasts, and haven’t kept up with current events. Like, I totally missed COVIDs 1-18.
For two months, I thought they were Fast & Furious sequels.