What's new

Guide F+4 Reset Combos

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
i remember doing a reset, then i came to find out that a human player coulf block it.

i had high hopes for this, tho i have not been able to land it even once :(
and yesf4 hitting the wall, just will not let me...oh well :(

thanks anyways.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Oh really? Because I tested it yesterday and it worked even on another controller with the block button being held.
I was referring to Shoryuken's claim that you can do the EX smokebomb reset anywhere, which we've known about for a long while now (it will happen in most instances they are in level 3 or 4 fall). Tom Brady was the first to post an iteration of this reset, but all naked EX bomb resets are blockable by humans.

What isn't blockable is an EX bomb reset after a combo ending in f+4. they must be in a high level of fall and they must touch the corner.

I tested this with two controllers in the following way: set the AI to human. Performed the combo up until the portion where the reset occurs and paused the instant I input the smoke bomb (it still hasn't come out on screen). Then, I picked up the other controller (controlling the bot) and held block. I unpaused the game and the EX smoke bomb connected for a re-juggle. I was able to repeat it, so I came to the conclusion that it is unblockable which has been corroborated by you and others.

I was referring to Shoryuken's claim that you can do the EX smokebomb reset anywhere, which we've known about for a long while now (it will happen in most instances they are in level 3 or 4 fall). Tom Brady was the first to post an iteration of this reset, but all naked EX bomb resets are blockable by humans.

What isn't blockable is an EX bomb reset after a combo ending in f+4. they must be in a high level of fall and they must touch the corner.

I tested this with two controllers in the following way: set the AI to human. Performed the combo up until the portion where the reset occurs and paused the instant I input the smoke bomb (it still hasn't come out on screen). Then, I picked up the other controller (controlling the bot) and held block. I unpaused the game and the EX smoke bomb connected for a re-juggle. I was able to repeat it, so I came to the conclusion that it is unblockable which has been corroborated by you and others.
I just tested it again, and your right. So far it only works in the corner. I guess this happends cuz of the roll back.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
GUYS THIS WORKS MIDSCREEN TOO!

I mentioned it in the other thread. ive known about this reset for over a week and had already performed 100% combos.

The easiest method to make it work midscreen is to make only 1 of the hits of f+4 hit. This sends them to the ground much faster then hitting both hits of f+4.

It still works even when both hits of f+4 connect only the conditions must be right..

here is proof..

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I wonder how long it will be before they can patch this out... I doubt it will be in the upcoming patch. Seems like it's too late to include.

I'm having trouble with the timing on this. As far as I can tell, I've followed the instructions and done everything correctly, but I only ever get the standard OTG en smoke cloud extra 10% that you can always get.

Here is Check's midscreen 93% 3 bar midscreen combo.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/CHECK4900#p/a/u/1/EOI1euJyO6E[/video]

fleshmasher

i got the poison
@ Tony- T:
WTF was that in your video in post 30?
A single hit Teleport punch in a combo? After the NJP.
I've never seen it before has that been known?
I think it even deserves it's own thread!

@ All the guys who test this stuff under she shittiest circumstances.
RESPECT!
Going through the pain to pause in combos, rubberband pads and stuff because the dummy sucks.
That's awesome. I consider myself patient, but you guys are like Buddha!

I've been playing on an unpatched version of MK9 for the past couple days for just a few minutes at a time. It's all I have available at the moment. It seems to me like whatever causes this reset does not exist in pre-patch as I cannot emulate it. Maybe I'm just messing up, but whatever allows this to happen was caused by Smoke's original patch. Can anyone confirm/debunk this working with the MK2 costume to see if I'm right or wrong? Not that it matters much, but I'm curious nonetheless.

SZSR

Noob
Wow really comprehensive KT Smith, good work! And thanks to popmaster for finding it :)

One question though, is it possible to do smaller combos and pull it off? Like jip, 3d12, f4 :en Smokebomb, etc.? (Like without having to cause more gravity on the combo?) You guys are pulling off great damage combos but I just want to have a quick combo to practice timing with.

Those are some nice videos, i need to do some more training im falling behind
Don't worry about falling behind, from my personal experience, it's better to work at your own pace because even if guys find it now, who knows how long it will stay in the game? I mean we have people introduced to UMK3 in recent years who've become masters even after UMK3's original golden years, so don't worry about falling behind, it takes some time, but you'll get there. Also, nice taste in avatar. :top:

arydious

Noob
Wow really comprehensive KT Smith, good work! And thanks to popmaster for finding it :)

One question though, is it possible to do smaller combos and pull it off? Like jip, 3d12, f4 :en Smokebomb, etc.? (Like without having to cause more gravity on the combo?) You guys are pulling off great damage combos but I just want to have a quick combo to practice timing with.

Don't worry about falling behind, from my personal experience, it's better to work at your own pace because even if guys find it now, who knows how long it will stay in the game? I mean we have people introduced to UMK3 in recent years who've become masters even after UMK3's original golden years, so don't worry about falling behind, it takes some time, but you'll get there. Also, nice taste in avatar. :top:
Thanks for the words in encouragement, likewise great choice in avatar. I know not to be worried about falling behind but, im a really competitive player and decided I want to go to an MK tournament this year sometime. This means to me i either have to be on the power curve or ahead of it. So far seems like KT Smith NYC is the guy who is ahead of it, because im always reading his post haha.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Seems like theres a lot of room for error here, anyone able to do it consistently yet? Ive only pulled it off maybe once so far.

@ Tony- T:
WTF was that in your video in post 30?
A single hit Teleport punch in a combo? After the NJP.
I've never seen it before has that been known?
I think it even deserves it's own thread!

@ All the guys who test this stuff under she shittiest circumstances.
RESPECT!
Going through the pain to pause in combos, rubberband pads and stuff because the dummy sucks.
That's awesome. I consider myself patient, but you guys are like Buddha!
That vid your talking about is actually from check. I told him about the tp after the njp. I picked it up from ATL REDD @EVO. Its nothing special really, its just for show cuz the tp doesn't acually hit. Its just good if you want to switch sides, but you can do that anyway when you end most of smokes combos.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
meanwhile i had 2 windows open and thought this was the cyrax thread,was convinced by the uh oh as 1st post.

Altsa

I´ve been practising these reset combos a few days but I have trouble doing them consistently. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have some specific questions: Is it better to let both of the f+4 hits to connect or only the 2nd one or is it combo specific?

Sometimes when the bomb does hit, the opponent only takes 10% damage from the bomb instead of the reset. How strict is the timing between the bomb wiffing, the bomb doing the reset and the bomb just doing the damage? Also is the bomb doing the 10% damage blockable?

Creepy00

Noob
I´ve been practising these reset combos a few days but I have trouble doing them consistently. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have some specific questions: Is it better to let both of the f+4 hits to connect or only the 2nd one or is it combo specific?

Sometimes when the bomb does hit, the opponent only takes 10% damage from the bomb instead of the reset. How strict is the timing between the bomb wiffing, the bomb doing the reset and the bomb just doing the damage? Also is the bomb doing the 10% damage blockable?
I would recommend you not to learn it, This combo is very inconsistent and Random and besides when you ever pull it. CD Jr, himself, said there are better things smoke can do.

Creepy00

Noob
That's pretty vague.
Well think about, Smoke hardly gets meter. why would you waste your meter on something that may or may not happen?? Compare to cyrax or sub s, it is random cause there are times when the Ex smoke bomb would not otg. You might land it once but next round you are at meter disadvantage.

TrickyNick

Weather Man

I haven't tried this mid screen reset yet but the ones involving the corner take strict timing but something to keep in mind. The further you are away from the corner the higher up you want your opponent to be when you land a F+4. The closer you are to the corner the lower in the air the opponent should be for the F+4 inless he is in the corner. Its all about the roll animation of the opponent when you throw EX smoke bomb. I use 3,d1,2- 3,2- 4- smoke bomb- f+4 EX smoke bomb..Doing this combo allows me to adjust when I should kick my enemy with F+4. Hope this helps.

Well think about, Smoke hardly gets meter. why would you waste your meter on something that may or may not happen?? Compare to cyrax or sub s, it is random cause there are times when the Ex smoke bomb would not otg. You might land it once but next round you are at meter disadvantage.
Smoke has no problem getting meter at all. Smoke away+smoke bombs+ shake on reaction to projectiles. This can be done a few times during a match for a quick bit of meter. Also smokes tele punch wiff to get closer or after a air throw to maintain pressure. Im starting to beleive the reset is a very good option. My only problem is figuring out were the corner starts on some stages when im mid screen lol. Just like any thing else it can be learned and dropped less often.

Creepy00

Noob
Smoke has no problem getting meter at all. Smoke away+smoke bombs+ shake on reaction to projectiles. This can be done a few times during a match for a quick bit of meter. Also smokes tele punch wiff to get closer or after a air throw to maintain pressure. Im starting to beleive the reset is a very good option. My only problem is figuring out were the corner starts on some stages when im mid screen lol. Just like any thing else it can be learned and dropped less often.
Well true however some characters do punish smoke heavily that he needs meter for breaker. The risks for do it are high, but i reserve my opinions till i see someone pulllin this off against a human in a tournament match. i just dont want people relaying in it so much that they forget they basic tools. Look Sub, Most of the sub i ve seen only do the reset to punish, it is easy scouted. I do it too but still use all my tools, well of the other sub players, i got to used and experimented it with more ;)