What's new

Guide F+4 Reset Combos

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Posted in Rusty Shakleford's thread, but this deserves its own because it will become a huge issue

The combos are mine but all credit goes to Rusty for discovering the reset

Kudos, Rusty.

I would encourage everyone to put this through the ringer to see if it can be debunked.

EDIT: Just so everyone is clear, they MUST touch the wall in the first combo for it to work. F+4 reset cannot be done midscreen.

ALSO, the consistency of the reset is suspect. it has to do with where they are in the roll animation when the EX bomb hits. If they're in the right position it will re-juggle them. If not, it will just pop them up for the 10% damage that NRS intended the EX to do OTG.

Inputs:

(jump in punch) 3d12 > njp > b2,3 > smoke bomb > f+4 > EX smoke bomb > 3d12 > 3d12 > jump kick/air throw > EX smoke bomb

(jump in punch) 3d12 > njp > 32 > 32 > 32 > 21 xx smoke bomb > f+4 > EX smoke bomb > 3d12 > 3d12 > jump kick/airthrow > EX smoke bomb

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
inb4 massive ragestorm. smoke just became top tier until nerf.

I don't play smoke, so I wouldn't know, can this be done consistently?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
inb4 massive ragestorm. smoke just became top tier until nerf.

I don't play smoke, so I wouldn't know, can this be done consistently?
eh, the answer is... kind of.

It's weird, it has to do with where they are in the roll animation when the EX bomb hits. If they're in the right position it will re-juggle them. If not, it will just pop them up for the 10% damage that NRS intended the EX to do OTG.

ok got ya thanks. Its still a nice reset also getting to a corner is no problem for smoke lol
I'm more stoked about the corner combo. 2 meter 91%? Yes, please.

arydious

Noob
I guess i suck, like i posted in the other forum, i can't and the third 32, the 2 misses most of the time, when it does hit im so shocked that i miss the rest lol, but i can get the second 32 into the rest pretty consistently. What is your trick for the 3rd 32 or is it just time and practice?

I'm getting it to work sporadically. I thought you need to hit with the ex bomb as they're impacting the wall, but that's not quite it. Idk what's going on here, but it's nice.

Also, id rather 1 meter 81% than 2 meter 91% in almost all cases.

Further, sometimes i get it to pop back up, but the game still keeps track of the ground bounces and juggles that I've used. I'll do ex bomb to njp and they'll slide on the floor like they do if you try two njps.

For those of you who are having trouble getting the first combo to work, an alternate starter:

3, D+1, 2, dash, 3, 2, dash, 4, smoke bomb, F+4, enhanced smoke bomb. Same damage.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
great find, will test thistoday with my kid to make sure is not just a practice combo, at least he can block the right way.

we will see, i hope this is true :)
thanks.

arydious

Noob
Been playing with smoke and just been messing around with things. I may be wrong here but at the time i dont have another to test this with me. I set the practice dummy to block always and performed the following combo, Sweep to break the block then followed with dash 3d12 3d12 214 ex smoke bomb. What i noticed is it consistently reset the combo, it rarely ever did the otg smoke bomb. When i did this i remembered performing this against one of my friends and i ended with a jk airthrow, with Ex otg smoke bomb, it pissed him off pretty bad to see me pull out that damage on him. I trained him to block the b23 smoke bomb from start of the match so he decided to just block and i dashed in and performed a sweep then did the above. This is a statement to him not being that great but it still was nice to pull off.

I would love to hear what everyone else has to say regarding it

Test on a human. Practice dummies block very little on wakeup.

Another combo here, better use of two meter:

3, D+1, 2, dash, 3, 2, dash, 4, smoke bomb, F+4, enhanced smoke bomb, F+4, enhanced smoke bomb, 3, D+1, 2, 3, D+1, 2, jk, air throw.

Timing is different on the second F+4, and I haven't tested it on a human, but it's the exact same concept. If it works, it does 37% + 21% + 36% = 94%. Can get the kill with an extra enhanced smoke bomb at the end.

arydious

Noob
Test on a human. Practice dummies block very little on wakeup.

Another combo here, better use of two meter:

3, D+1, 2, dash, 3, 2, dash, 4, smoke bomb, F+4, enhanced smoke bomb, F+4, enhanced smoke bomb, 3, D+1, 2, 3, D+1, 2, jk, air throw.

Timing is different on the second F+4, and I haven't tested it on a human, but it's the exact same concept. If it works, it does 37% + 21% + 36% = 94%. Can get the kill with an extra enhanced smoke bomb at the end.
Tomorrow when i got some people over ill give them a try with a human person. Ill post my results

EDIT: Just so everyone is clear, they MUST touch the wall in the first combo for it to work. F+4 reset cannot be done midscreen.

ALSO, the consistency of the reset is suspect. it has to do with where they are in the roll animation when the EX bomb hits. If they're in the right position it will re-juggle them. If not, it will just pop them up for the 10% damage that NRS intended the EX to do OTG.

Inputs:

I just tested the reset, and it could be done any where on the screen. As long as the first sb hits first. You can do a jip as they are falling and do the reset as they land. Its kinda like his old otg but the timing seems to be very hard. You can also otg them as they land from a sb, no need to even hit them, but the timing on this is ridiculous.
(jump in punch) 3d12 > njp > b2,3 > smoke bomb > f+4 > EX smoke bomb > 3d12 > 3d12 > jump kick/air throw > EX smoke bomb

(jump in punch) 3d12 > njp > 32 > 32 > 32 > 21 xx smoke bomb > f+4 > EX smoke bomb > 3d12 > 3d12 > jump kick/airthrow > EX smoke bomb
[/QUOTE]

Inputs:

I just tested this, and you can otg from any where on the screen. As long as the first sb lands you can go for the reset as they land, but the timing on this is ridiculous. You don't need to do the f+4 mid screen although it helps with the timing in the corner. The easiest way i found to land it consistently, is do a jip after you land sb, then go for the reset as they land.

Oh and Krayzie, can you delet my other post in this thread. For some reason what i wrote didn't come out, just the quote.

arydious

Noob
I just tested this, and you can otg from any where on the screen. As long as the first sb lands you can go for the reset as they land, but the timing on this is ridiculous. You don't need to do the f+4 mid screen although it helps with the timing in the corner. The easiest way i found to land it consistently, is do a jip after you land sb, then go for the reset as they land.
This is good to know. With all this new smoke information about the reset i feel like a kid at a candy store

Again, just to be clear and make sure everyone knows what we're dealing with, I got an 100% combo off of this.

3. D+1, 2, dash, 3, 2, dash, 4, smoke bomb, dash, F+4, enhanced smoke bomb (37%)

Off of the first enhanced smoke bomb: F+4, enhanced smoke bomb (21%)

Off of the second enhanced smoke bomb: 3, D+1, 2, dash, 3, D+1, 2, jk, air throw (36%)

After the airthrow, add another enhanced smoke bomb (10%)

3 meters, 104% damage.
It brought the entire life bar of the test dummy down just in case there's an error in my math. It kills.

I actually got it off in an online match too. It'll come up in play for sure. It feels a lot like makoto's abare tosanami combo from 3s in that it requires specific screen positioning but has such an amazing reward.