What's new

Video/Tutorial Exposed: The Ultimate Jade Glow Guide

Good stuff man.I don't really see a lot of characters follow up with projectiles at such a close range and when they do,its normally Lao,Kang,and sometimes jax(pretty much the ones you showed) and even then I just don't anticipate it unless they have a habit of doing it.But I still see that the point of your vid is to show which strings have gaps in them.Im looking forward to seeing one for mileena and nightwolf because they give me the most trouble.Im glad that I stumbled upon this because a lot of it was actually useful.It's always been tough for me to glow while in pressure or if Im being crossed over,that's why I never utilize it up close in fear of getting blown up for it.It's something I really need to work on.I mainly use ex glow when it's down to the wire when we both have little health and my opponent get overly aggressive so I just ex glow him and punish him.I now see that it can be helpful between strings and that's really like and extra breaker and it takes one bar.I will work on getting faster at it.Great vid and much props because it's tough to set a lot of time into stuff like this.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
GambitTheFirst the last couple of tournaments Tyrant used f4-wave like crazy. Guys, let the guy post all his work before he gets upset with comments. RunwayMafia waiting for dem videos.
Gambit and Take2Chance are certainly entitled to their opinions, and in no way am I offended or insulted or as the American kids say it..."butthurt" lol ;) I just don't understand what the problem is with showing ALL gaps? This guide shows all gaps in strings and strings cancelled into specials.

Consider this guide a visual frame data/ gap chart. As I mentioned IN the video, not all of this material is practical...but a lot of it is. Besides, you never know what trends of style of gameplay will come forth. I play a lot of people who tack on projectiles at the end of strings because they think it's safe and I assume they just want to continue pressure. And say you are fighting an opponent who keeps doing the same pattern...it's a risk but quite frankly Jade is all about the Gamble.

RunwayMafia

I am currently exporting part 3 right now...it will be done in 4 hours and then I will upload that to Youtube...so in the morning we will have part 3!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Alright I see we have a dubiousnessnessness issue here.
What this video series shows us, is that in every case where there is a cancel in a string, there is a gap by default that Jade can glow through. Frame gaps seem to vary between 2 and 5 frames, from tiny to gaping hole obviously.
Also there are gaps in strings that have been known and discussed by Arkayne such as most every second and third hit in Rayden's strings where you can glow through and if he didn't hit confirm, you can blow him up.

RunwayMafia

Alright I see we have a dubiousnessnessness issue here.
What this video series shows us, is that in every case where there is a cancel in a string, there is a gap by default that Jade can glow through. Frame gaps seem to vary between 2 and 5 frames, from tiny to gaping hole obviously.
Also there are gaps in strings that have been known and discussed by Arkayne such as most every second and third hit in Rayden's strings where you can glow through and if he didn't hit confirm, you can blow him up.
Yes. This is exactly why I wanted to put this out. As Krys and I started filming all of this I couldn't believe how many opportunities she had to blow someone up into a full fledged combo. I know it's incredibly difficult, this being said from a Jade player in myself, but if we could just become such grand students of the game and of our opponents, I truly believe this is what will sky rocket her in the tier ranks.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
People are too used to simplicity in this game. Why would somebody focus on executing on a single frame when they can just win a game by alternating between the same two special moves without the opponent ever having a chance to get in? Why would anybody note how to wakeup when they can just teleport waking up, out of harm's way and not be oki-able?

MK has it too easy. Most fighting games incorporate justframes as a necessity while MK has "top tier" that any scrub can win a thousand matches with online. No wonder top players who actually have skill to execute all of Jade's stuff on point, never bother with anything else. They want to win.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I'm getting used to that with Yumiduka on Melty Blood...

I could just use an easy character but it's so rewarding to do more advanced strategies.

I'm going to work on those tricky just frames when I get MK, I've always thought Jade is a good character and not low tier like people say and want to try and prove it. Too bad I have no method of recording when i get the game though. :(

RunwayMafia

I'm getting used to that with Yumiduka on Melty Blood...

I could just use an easy character but it's so rewarding to do more advanced strategies.

I'm going to work on those tricky just frames when I get MK, I've always thought Jade is a good character and not low tier like people say and want to try and prove it. Too bad I have no method of recording when i get the game though. :(
Welcome aboard. Jade is a fantastic character, contrary to popular belief, and I hope this guide to be a great resource tool for all to really engage the rest of the cast and most importantly, her bad match ups. I love new Jade players!

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Go into training, set meter to infinite, and practice to glow through everything.
Oh wait you can't do that because MK's training mode is such a pile of shit! I swear I'd be tons better at glowing mid blocked strings if the training mode was actually half decent.

Why would somebody focus on executing on a single frame when they can just win a game by alternating between the same two special moves without the opponent ever having a chance to get in?
While you have a point of MK9's simplicity against pretty much all other currently popular fighters, there is a point I feel needs to be raised in this thread.

Meter drain glitch.

Yeah sure get amazing enough to just frame a glow. But! Oh no despite all your hard work and insane skills, you just get drained, it's really unfair. If this glitch didn't exist Jade would be that tad more viable, especially now that we're getting videos as in depth as these.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'll be playing her and improving no matter what others say. You can bring up all the negativity about her you like, she's my main and been my main. And every "high tier" character I flawless will just make my point even clearer. If my love for Jade makes me that rough with the supposedly worst character in the game...
... what would I do to you with Kenshi? :cool:

I think this is absolutely amazing.
Yeah, some of the content might never be used (EX: when sektor ends a string in missile, and jade green flashes)
but it's still very cool to know these things

For example, I'm a biology major, and instead of being negative wondering why I have to learn American History, World literature, Spanish, etc to reach my bachelor's, I take it in a positive way and think to myself the more I learn about any material, the more interesting learning in general will be.

I think of this the same way. This probably took a lot of hard work, and it's very interesting!

Not only that, there are some strings where you glow'ed out (Sekotr's 2 kicks) that I have been pressured with (with kitana, sindel, jade), but I had no idea Jade could ex glow through it.

I definitely agree with Jade players having EX glow incorporated in their game, and this video was just wonderful

Great stuff Kipp, looking forward to more!

Gruff757

The Gruff
I'll be playing her and improving no matter what others say. You can bring up all the negativity about her you like, she's my main and been my main. And every "high tier" character I flawless will just make my point even clearer. If my love for Jade makes me that rough with the supposedly worst character in the game...
... what would I do to you with Kenshi? :cool:
hate to burst your bubble buddy, but .....this isnt going to allow any type of flawlessing :p

-runs-

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I've always thought that Jade players shouldn't break at all, and should rather interrupt strings.

However, I wanna say that some strings are easier to interrupt if Jade is crouching. Try that.

Also, Kabal, Kenshi and Shang Tsung can interrupt those strings as well.

KRYS9984

Noob
If jade can glow, you can also armor through it.

So yeah, this also helps characters with armor.

Pretty schway stuff.
This is something I would often mention to RunwayMafia / in the Overhaul Discussion Thread when we were recording.

Players who main characters with instant armor on specials can refer to this guide as well; even though it's titled "The Ultimate Jade Glow Guide", the information provided can still apply to a good portion of the cast.

On another note,

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

This guide took quite some time to complete and RunwayMafia deserved props for analyzing all the frame data (to figure out every characters options) and the time spent recording / editing the final product.

Speaking of frame data, I feel Somberness merits a much deserved shout-out; without him, we wouldn't have all the information required to complete this guide and ultimately level up as Mortal Kombat players.

RunwayMafia

I think this is absolutely amazing.
Yeah, some of the content might never be used (EX: when sektor ends a string in missile, and jade green flashes)
but it's still very cool to know these things

For example, I'm a biology major, and instead of being negative wondering why I have to learn American History, World literature, Spanish, etc to reach my bachelor's, I take it in a positive way and think to myself the more I learn about any material, the more interesting learning in general will be.

I think of this the same way. This probably took a lot of hard work, and it's very interesting!

Not only that, there are some strings where you glow'ed out (Sekotr's 2 kicks) that I have been pressured with (with kitana, sindel, jade), but I had no idea Jade could ex glow through it.

I definitely agree with Jade players having EX glow incorporated in their game, and this video was just wonderful

Great stuff Kipp, looking forward to more!
Thank you so much Joe, I appreciate EXACTLY what you just said. No offense to anyone who has criticized the material we put forth, but you nailed it on the head, showcasing ALL information is Power. If we Jade players start Glowing more and more during these pressure moments, we will be seeing a lot more Jades "come out of the closet", so to speak, lol.