What's new

Video/Tutorial Exposed: The Ultimate Jade Glow Guide

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Studying it? LOL. Yeah I'm sure....typically smart people would have discussed it by now. You guys could clearly care less...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
RunwayMafia

Don't taint your hard work with childish remarks.

There isn't really much to discuss. Great series, a ton of hard work.

Just so everyone knows, you can d1 Cyrax out of 21. I wonder if you can flash/d1 quick enough to avoid the ending 2. If you could, cyrax would have no pressure options after 21.

Being able to glow Kenshi's F32 is neat and I will start encorporating that. This is the information I want to see. STRINGS that can be blown up. Not the specials buffered on the ends of them.

Espio

Kokomo
Studying it? LOL. Yeah I'm sure....typically smart people would have discussed it by now. You guys could clearly care less...

It's okay buddy, discussions from me coming soon. Yesterday I was gone all day, then voting and such among other things.

I certainly care :).

Gruff757

The Gruff
-____-;

Okay, I'm not one of the louder, more relevant voices in this subforum(or tym in general), but here goes nothing.

RunwayMafia, we appreciate the hard work you and KRYS9984 have done to expose the 2 frame+ gaps within each character's moveset. I personally thank you for doing this as its helping me out a lot more with trying to punish and whatnot. The problem is, from what I'm seeing, is that there isn't much to discuss outside of "Okay, so and so's such and such string can be interrupted with this and that armored move." Again, this is coming from my own perspective. Would you mind telling us exactly what you were planning on having discussions based on? I know you mentioned Sonya's Military Stance Strings all pretty much being armored through, if not most of them, but that pretty much brings up my point.

Okay, we know such and such can be interrupted by the glow/armored move.....what now? Where do we begin discussion after the establishment? We pretty much know what normals/specials to punish with that go into full combos or for quick one hit damage.

I'm not saying this is all pointless because it is CLEARLY NOT.

We just need somewhere to start. Like I previously stated, I'm bad at discussions, but I try to throw my 2 cents in there from time to time and contribute. I'm probably like the least progressive Jade use- no mainer here, I'm still learning what all these guys/gals are able to do almost without a drop of sweat. Especially AestheticLove with her goddesslike rang setups, and STB Espio with his godlike spacing ;)

Goldi

Noob
I haven't said much, but I've totally been using it.

I have wanted to ask if anyone else has trouble getting just glow instead if en glow sometimes. But I assumed it's most likely just my own stupid fingers.

It's probably my fault too - I have stuff to tag and move around the forum that I've been slacking off on. Jet lag and time changes have had me kinda messed up the past few days. My apologies.

Espio

Kokomo
-____-;

Okay, I'm not one of the louder, more relevant voices in this subforum(or tym in general), but here goes nothing.

RunwayMafia, we appreciate the hard work you and KRYS9984 have done to expose the 2 frame+ gaps within each character's moveset. I personally thank you for doing this as its helping me out a lot more with trying to punish and whatnot. The problem is, from what I'm seeing, is that there isn't much to discuss outside of "Okay, so and so's such and such string can be interrupted with this and that armored move." Again, this is coming from my own perspective. Would you mind telling us exactly what you were planning on having discussions based on? I know you mentioned Sonya's Military Stance Strings all pretty much being armored through, if not most of them, but that pretty much brings up my point.

Okay, we know such and such can be interrupted by the glow/armored move.....what now? Where do we begin discussion after the establishment? We pretty much know what normals/specials to punish with that go into full combos or for quick one hit damage.

I'm not saying this is all pointless because it is CLEARLY NOT.

We just need somewhere to start. Like I previously stated, I'm bad at discussions, but I try to throw my 2 cents in there from time to time and contribute. I'm probably like the least progressive Jade use- no mainer here, I'm still learning what all these guys/gals are able to do almost without a drop of sweat. Especially AestheticLove with her goddesslike rang setups, and STB Espio with his godlike spacing ;)
Everyone is an equally relevant and valued member of the community, nobody is more important/relevant just so you know :).

I'm going to do a write up of my impressions in short order when I have more time to dive into it this weekend. Hopefully my write up will get some good discussions going, I'm excited to write it :D.

We're all making progress everyday, win or lose, don't sell yourself short. We all progress at different paces, I know I'm a slow learner myself. Everyone is different and some players might have been playing longer too.

Thanks, it took forever to finally start to get an understanding of spacing, but it's a lot of fun now. I struggled so badly with Jade for about 3-4 monhs and got really frustrated with Jade and myself lol.

I felt lost and that she played sluggishly, but now I'm so comfortable with her that she doesn't feel sluggish anymore, she feels graceful, gliding across the screen lol.

Flagg

Noob
I sometimes think a better X Ray for Jade would have been to give her invincibility for a short while, and the meter counts down like a timer, a bit like some characters in SF III, like Yun and Oro. She can still take damage, but projectiles go through her and she cant be knocked down/staggered, but still takes damage.

OP or not?

RunwayMafia

I apologize. I didn't mean to insinuate that any of you guys are lazy. I had friends over last night watching the election and lets just say I tend to get a little fiesty qhen drinking LOL. Now...onto the discussion!

RunwayMafia

RunwayMafia

Just so everyone knows, you can d1 Cyrax out of 21. I wonder if you can flash/d1 quick enough to avoid the ending 2. If you could, cyrax would have no pressure options after 21.

Being able to glow Kenshi's F32 is neat and I will start encorporating that. This is the information I want to see. STRINGS that can be blown up. Not the specials buffered on the ends of them.
Lol I was merely being fiesty while drinking with friends...

RunwayMafia

RunwayMafia

And just so we are clear...I added the special cancels because its a legit gap in frames.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
So after watching the vids in there entirety only skipping over a few characters that I will go back and review. I must say this is quite brilliant. Now there are qutie a few character i wanted to mention.

Like sonya for example..those ms cancels are pretty obsolete for her i feel especially ms f+1 (which most like to end in a cartwheel). Jade blew that up @13:04 and a few other parts in the video. Now if Jade has no meter then its fair gain. But I also wondered if Jade can Glow through sonyas b2,1,f2 string along with if she goes into her 21 string pressure and cancels into cartwheel or into ms cancel f+1 (w/or without cartwheel) can Jade blow it up as well?

Another character I want to talk about is of course my main Sindel. I was so hurt to see that Jade can pretty much kill all sindels options for a combo starter since sindel cant property zone Jade because of flash. But I was shocked to see that all ways of getting a combo started on Jade can be halted in the blink of an eye with Glow. That includes all sindels B3,F2 combo starters @25:04, her 4,4 combo starter @25:08, and the 2 into yell combo starter @26:30 along with 2,1 into scream(ex) combo starter, as well as 3,1 into scream(ex) combo starter @26:54 and lets not forget b1 into scream(ex) combo starter @27:12. Also Jade apparently can shut down any combo finish end with step-up @29:05. Clearly it looks to me like when Jade has ample amount of meter sindels options become very very limited. Im crushed by this. Sindel has been exposed. lol. Thoughts?

Ok another character I want to mention is Skarlett. The only thing I really want to say about skarlett is that if Jade has meter skarlett cannot properly pressure Jade I feel. What I see alot of skarlett players do when watching stream vids and recorded matches and stuff. Alot of skarlett players pressure with dagger cancels and red dashes along with red slides thrown in the mix. Jade can clearly Glow through any of the slide pressure @25:26-43 and just flash through dagger pressure enhanced or not along with armoured or not. She can also Glow right through any of skarletts slashes up or down especially when mixed in with slide pressure. If meter is used right skarlett may have a hard time dealing with Jade. Depends on the player I feel. Just my opinion on this one. Thoughts?

A few others I want to mention...
Kung Lao - Main thing here I want to speak on is Glowing threw them annoying teleport/grabs shenanigans @4:16-33. This i feel could help Jade out alot if she has a life lead. Keeping him out and playing the spacing/footies game. Only other thing is you have to keep in mind once the meter is used up then Jade is in trouble.
Cage - Glowing through nut punch pressure @6:25! GODLIKE
Kenshi - I just love the fact that once Jade is in and a Kenshi player wants to get her out...Jade can pretty much Glow through his pressure/tele tricks. Keeping herself in if she has the meter to spare to Glow again.
Kabal - I was really suprised Jade could Glow in the middle of his b121 string @9:20 my jaw literally dropped. lol. This could help with the corner combo ppl do with that string. Of course you still have to deal with everything else. Smh.
Sheeva - Poor poor sheeva. Jade can just Glow right out of her grab and punch pressure and most of her strings and continue on with her life. Lol. Only thing I wonder is if Jade can Glow out of sheeva b2 1+2 string?

This is just my personal take on it. And the few characters I wanted to talk about. I would like to see what others have to say about some of the characters or the characters I mentioned. With knowing what we can now do with Flash/Glow...does anybody feel this will help Jades game in the long run? Just based off of what we have to work with as players. Thoughts?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
After watching this vid I only have one thing to say.
In every case where the offender is trying to blockstring Jade, she has the opportunity to glow and blow them up in the middle of it. Apart from the gaps in the middle of strings, every time a special would be executed off of a string, she can glow right in the middle. This means that the only problem Jade has with pressure if she has meter, is those that grant block advantage without a 2 frame gap.
It would be most useful to expose character tools which make Jade unable to glow out as well.
Seeing that Jade cannot be pressured with normals into specials shenanigans, cannot be zoned and is hard as hell to approach, I'm feeling that we have a new top tier coming. We just need a top player willing to go the mile and introduce Jade as the dethroner of Kabal.

Edit: Optimal meter building to be discussed.
RunwayMafia thank you man, you did a great job exposing this. Jade is broken as hell if used right.

RunwayMafia

GLoRToR Thank you. It was my pleasure. Even though a lot of the info in the guide was common knowledge, as TakeAChance will so promptly tell you :) (hehe, I love him ;) ) but actually VISUALLY seeing these glows will change how we play as Jade. At least it sure did with me.

Also, yes, you can d1 a lot of these strings and such and such but you can't combo with d1...which is what makes Jade's Glow so unique.

And if nothing else, I want this guide to REMIND the opponent that if you are going to pressure Jade she has this tool that can stop you dead in your tracks and transfer the favor to Jade. Just by planting that seed will changer her MU's...sort of. Also, if we Jade players start saving glow for these pressure moments, start changing the way we glow, that will also change Jade's image. Which is why I'm doing the punishment guide...to show that Jade users need to be "punishment experts", if you will. :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
These are the strings that when you see them come out on block, you can glow and get a guaranteed combo punish:

Baraka: b3, b31 (interrupts all but spin)
Cyrax: 11, 21(here)2 except net
Ermac: B3, F4
Freddy: 22, b1, f421, all NMS cancels
Jax: f4 from max range (unless canceled into dashpunch), if he cancels his other strings into grab or dash punch - none are guarateed
Jade: 2, 23, b3, b1, f2 (almost all of them, sigh)
Johnny: none
Kabal: 11, b1, f4
Kano: 33, b2
Kenshi: f3 (except when canceled into spirit charge and rising karma)
Kitana: none if Kitana cancels into cutter, which she most often does
Kratos: b1, f221, f4
Kung Lao: 2121, 24(here)1+2 (unless canceled into spin)
Liu Kang: f43, all dragon stance cancels (glow negates parry)
Mileena: f2 (except roll)
Noob: b21(here)4 (since Noob will most likely do the whole string), f4
Quan Chi: 113, 3, b3, u3
Raiden: b3, 33 (except shocker and superman)
Reptile: 122, 124, 2, 4 (all except slide and en-specials)
Rain: 33 and any RH cancel
Scorpion: 111 pressure and 33 (except spear)
Sektor: 11, naked u3 stance
Shang Tsung: 12, 3, b1, f34 and f43 (except fire skull)
Sheeva: 3, b1, b12, f3
Sindel: 31 and b3 (unless she cancels into fireball), f1, f124, f3 (unless she cancels into fireball)
Skarlet: 112 (all but slide and daggers), 23, 3, 4, f312, f33, f4 (all but slide and daggers), any canceled slide without an immediate follow-up
Smoke: 11, 13, 3d1 (if canceled with any special), 3, 4
Sonya: 31, 114 (+MS), MS+f1 (low) can be glowed from all cancels except d4, b2 and f2.
Stryker: 23, 3, 4, b2, b3
Sub-Zero: 21 (unless canceled into 4 or slide)
CSZ: 21, 33, b1, f1 (unless all are canceled into slide), b32 (glow always guaranteed; also glow negates parry)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@Neorussel
Amazing performance at NEC, shout outs, I loved your first round.
Not so much your last round.
You need to learn to use glow right, and to follow up correctly.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Espio Goldfish GLoRToR Prinz
So I've been thinking about re-doing/re-vamping the glow guide (now that I know how to edit lol). I think it would look nicer if I added screens with the strings and the gaps involved. What do you guys think?
Sounds like a fun update and it would be great practice for you too, to further hone your editing skills! I support it.