What's new

Video/Tutorial Exposed: The Ultimate Jade Glow Guide

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Part 2
0:07 Cyber Sub, 2:47 Kenshi, 6:12 Cage, 7:18 Cyrax, 9:10 Kabal, 11:41 Sonya, 21:37 Smoke, 24:56 Sindel.

Part 3
0:04 Kitana, 4:18 Jade, 11:54 Subzero, 13:36 Scorpion, 16:43 Shang Tsung, 24:26 Skarlet

Part 4
0:06 Kratos, 3:27 Mileena, 4:43 Noob Saibot, 10:44 Ermac, 15:51 NightWolf, 19:22 Stryker, 25:53 Raiden

Part 5
00:05 Kano, 2:01 Sheeva, 8:12 Reptile, 12:13 Rain, 16:03 Quan Chi, 22:24 Baraka

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Neat video, and I really mean neat video!

Some of those strings are never utilized. I am talking about the onces with projectiles tacked on the end of them.

KRYS9984

Noob
Also, on the KL 2,4,1+2....wouldn't it be possible to get a bigger punish than an uppercut?
The purpose of the guide is to indicate gaps where Jade can attack an opponent before they recover (whether it's in a block string / special attack).

RunwayMafia was not going for combos or max damage, he was integrating moves such as Uppercuts, Staff Pokes, U3, B1, Throws, etc..... just to show that there is in fact a gap where Jade has the upper hand without getting too technical.

The rest is in the hands of the player.

@runawaymafia I think you should've had p2 do common block-strings. For example, Reptile's 3,2,1 xx Acid Hand is usually -4 on block with pushback. However, I'm pretty sure EX Glow can punish it with her most damaging combo.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Also, on the KL 2,4,1+2....wouldn't it be possible to get a bigger punish than an uppercut?
Every glow setup where the opponent is forced to whiff you have enough frames for a launcher/starter and a full combo. The next step in jade's Yomi will be that people learn to bait you and cancel their strings to try and block and blow you up - thus you'll glow into blockstring options to blow up their trying to blow up your glow options.
I do this online in small, Jade is all justframes (such as flash-dashing a projectile into a b2 whiffpunish) and a moment of lag can eat your glow input unfortunately.

RunwayMafia

@runawaymafia I think you should've had p2 do common block-strings. For example, Reptile's 3,2,1 xx Acid Hand is usually -4 on block with pushback. However, I'm pretty sure EX Glow can punish it with her most damaging combo.
I have 4 more parts to this video...we cover everything....

RunwayMafia

lol at not getting tagged. haha

i like the video but i'm pretty sure it's not nearly as easy.
LOL...obviously it's not easy. However, if you do notice your opponent does in fact favor a certain string or pattern...then you can punish him for it. I played a subzero online the other day who kept doing the same string over and over while ending in his freeze. I actually flashed right through it...which is the OBVIOUS point of this guide...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
LOL...obviously it's not easy. However, if you do notice your opponent does in fact favor a certain string or pattern...then you can punish him for it. I played a subzero online the other day who kept doing the same string over and over while ending in his freeze. I actually flashed right through it...which is the OBVIOUS point of this guide...
But you could full punish the freeze on block, and take the guess work out.

I respect the work that you put into this, and please do not take this the wrong way. I am very appreciative of the obvious hard work that went into testing and recording this.

It's just, if she can't blow up the STRING itself, and not modifiers attached to the end of it like projectiles, then most of the information is useless.

RunwayMafia

I respect the work that you put into this, and please do not take this the wrong way. I am very appreciative of the obvious hard work that went into testing and recording this.

It's just, if she can't blow up the STRING itself, and not modifiers attached to the end of it like projectiles, then most of the information is useless.
Fortunately, this guide also contains all the strings that she can glow through. With that said, I notice a lot of players attaching projectiles at the end of strings...I do it all the time...I don't think any of the information in this guide is "useless".

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII

God your a nit-picker....

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Fortunately, this guide also contains all the strings that she can glow through. With that said, I notice a lot of players attaching projectiles at the end of strings...I do it all the time...I don't think any of the information in this guide is "useless".
I was going to comment and make a stand for you here but I remembered that I promised you guys to only be positive here. So don't worry about what people who have no idea how to play her right say, listen to us who supported your effort. Nothing is useless.

RunwayMafia

Again, this video isn't intended to be some undiscovered tech or some kind of mind blowing fighting philosophy. The intention behind making this video was for a visual reference of when in fact you can flash/glow during a gap. If you happen to notice that your opponent is repeating a string or a string with a projectile at the end, you can anticipate it and blow it up. This is why I said "Meter usage discretion is advised".

There are plenty of gaps in this guide that are astonishing and we (Jade players) need to be blowing it up.

Espio

Kokomo
Great job Runway and Krys for all your hard work, I know this project was very time consuming and I love the editing scenes and such, very elegant and beautiful, which is what Jade deserves.

This has been a long time coming, so it's nice to see the finished product shine.

RunwayMafia

Great job Runway and Krys for all your hard work, I know this project was very time consuming and I love the editing scenes and such, very elegant and beautiful, which is what Jade deserves.

This has been a long time coming, so it's nice to see the finished product shine.
Thank you! I am currently in the process of uploading part 2 to Youtube as I type!

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, because it makes me feel bad and I don't want to come off as a bit of an arse when I say it because of the enormous amount of work you guys obviously put into this. But yeah, regarding projectiles at close range, it's just like while it's definitely useful to know for KL and Liu Kang because they are commonly used, I just don't see why any good Sektor or Jax player would do that on purpose. Sure knowledge is power and all for when you do come across someone that stupid, but I feel it just convolutes the video and makes it a bit difficult to follow, watching similar stuff over and over, which could make you miss the more "you really should be aware you can do this" stuff like flashing KL's strings into low hat for example.

I was thinking something like this would follow suit more like: here are this character's basic strings, here are the ones that have holes you can glow in, then start showing which commonly used strings cancelled into specials you can glow through. Ones that you can easily just block (and would be better off doing so) and full punish like Liu Kang's bicycle and flying kicks don't really seem necessary, but of course it's up to you if you want to cover every little detail (which in itself is cool!) but at the same time hides away the really useful stuff.

Also why these characters first? Why not go from the top with Baraka, making it easy to navigate the videos to find who you're looking for?

Now as TaC said, I don't want you to be offended by my comments, just my 2 pennies. You have done a phenomenal job and should be commended for it! Very well done guys, I did find some things to think about already, and am looking forward to the rest! Keep up the good work!