What's new

EX Throws - 50/50s

SLy

Noob
I think people are looking for this feature to be a constant necessity. And truthfully it wont be. But imo this will be a legit mechanic for reset situations. And worth the risk depending on your character.

:( How am I even wrong in this situation? Are we not talking about MKX MB throws?
Also I know how fighting games work >:Y Even when playing against people.

41:30 onwards he talks about MB grab, if there is recent info on it its probably from there on.
nah he only said you wasted the meter when he guesses right on the 50/50

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
nah he only said you wasted the meter when he guesses right on the 50/50
Well then. Though I don't think they would let you OS people out by MB grabbing and if they guess right and tech you don't lose anything for it, but if they guess wrong you get some huge benefit. Thats just me though. Someone should tag someone and ask about it, or see if they can answer about it since they talked about MB grabs already.

Well then. Though I don't think they would let you OS people out by MB grabbing and if they guess right and tech you don't lose anything for it, but if they guess wrong you get some huge benefit. Thats just me though. Someone should tag someone and ask about it, or see if they can answer about it since they talked about MB grabs already.
depends if MBing throws works the MK9 or the injustice way ... which we can really just guess

coolwhip

Noob
You still misunderstand...

Oh god I'm going to repeat this only one more time, if you can't figure it out again, then I don't know what to say. Usually I don't repeat myself this often, but for you I will:
Doombawkz said there's an advantage for you if you do a throw and your opponent techs it. OK?
I wanted to know what that advantage is. So I created a hypothetical situation, that you know for a fact that your opponent is going to tech the throw, and you still do a throw. What would your advantage be then?

I hope that cleared it up for you. Dear God please let it be clear.
Ummm, you do realize my post went past that and touched on every other issue you addressed in this thread right? Unless you're referring to joke about hypothetical situations that are more likely.

The fuck happened to you?

trufenix

bye felicia
I seriously doubt people are going to want to end every combo with a "potential" meter costing 50/50 vs a guaranteed damage dealing EX ender.

Reactions: SLy

Sami

Noob
Providing the 50/50s a) are actually reactable and/or b) don't lead to full combos from both options I have no issue with there being a universal standing reset option. In addition, depending on the frame advantage the thrower has after the MB throw there might be ways of escaping the 50/50 if - for example - the low version hits during the recovery but the overhead hits much later such as back-dashing/jumping/etc.

Hopefully safe unreactable 50/50s that all lead to full combos that lead to safe unreactable 50/50s don't make it in to this game and when they are found (and they will be found) they are patched out.

Oh my god, how is this still going on.

1. They said you can tech any throw mid combo just like a normal throw, which would waste the meter they may have spent on a throw.
2. Not every character will have a true 50/50

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I'm thinking about Sub-Zero Cryomancer's unique string throw (with the multiple dagger stabs). From what we've seen, that's his best damage ender. Now it seems like it's a 50% chance you land it.

So you might end with Slide or something more traditional for less, but guaranteed, damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm thinking about Sub-Zero Cryomancer's unique string throw (with the multiple dagger stabs). From what we've seen, that's his best damage ender. Now it seems like it's a 50% chance you land it.

So you might end with Slide or something more traditional for less, but guaranteed, damage.
I don't know if string-specific grabs can be teched. Like you can't tech DD's over-the-head toss from his strings, and subby might be in that case.
I know its that way for F/T.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Johnny Cage had (arguably) the best restand move in MK9. He could end every combo in a restand, just like the MB throw in MKX. Did that mean he was a 50/50 character and would win if he got the first touch until the opponent guessed correctly? No.

Kabal had an amazing restand that he could end every combo with, did that mean he had a 50/50 that would win the game if he started it? No.

Same for Skarlet.

Having a restand does NOT mean having a free 50/50.

Scorpion had a great restand and depended A LOT on his 50/50s. Was he broken and would win if he got the first touch? No. Was he a boring rinse and repeat character? No. He was tons of fun to play against and with and he wasn't even good. NOW IMAGINE IF HE HAD TO SPEND A BAR FOR EVERY RESTAND!

Stop thinking that having a restand for one bar means every character is going to be Batgirl. It's not. Some characters will have good 50/50s, sure. But the game won't be shit.

Get your shit together, people, and calm yer tittes. The game is going to be awesome.
Did you not see the stream? Seth rogen himself said it would allow for a free 50/50. Don't tell people to get their shit together, this is an honest concern that could potentially ruin the game. Maybe not all characters will have that safe 50/50 option but all it takes is for a few of them to have a safe 50/50 which leads to high damage to ruin the whole game.. And given nrs' track record, it's very possible.

I would rather voice my opinion now before the game is out and potentially get this changed if that is what they are going for.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I don't know if string-specific grabs can be teched. Like you can't tech DD's over-the-head toss from his strings, and subby might be in that case.
I know its that way for F/T.
I'm not aware of a lot of Injustice stuff... If Doomsday did that string on block, is there a difference? Can you only duck the throw? Jump, back-dash, etc?