What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Ever Get That Feeling of Deja Vu? TYM hasn't learned

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Lmao exactly, I really think that csv is easy to beat. In fact I'd even say his easiest variation by far to beat.... But anyway this thread in cancerous, I'm gonna go back to netflix. :p
Yeah I do agree that CSZ is his easiest variation to beat but he could potentially become the most problematic but currently that's sektor with his up rockets that on hit, he can run full screen and still continue his combo. People are upplaying CSZ too much

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Why do you even bother making a thread like this? NRS didn't do it by accident. This isn't their first fighting game. They want to sell the DLC, so they make them really broken first. In the last balance patch, a lot of their dirt will be gone. Or maybe they'll just leave you with MK9 Komplete Edition 2, and invite you to go and buy the sequel to Injustice.

By the way, your words about Cyber Sub-Zero being fine don't sound very convincing when you have a Dhalsim profile picture :DOGE

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
77%? you talking about the Tony T shit? because thats like saying Kotal has 300% combos
No Kslims but I just saw tony Ts, I'm just saying. The acidic tick damage is stupid. You can't lie, it should be lowered but they shouldn't kill that variation as it looks really cool IMO

Can someone translate this to english please?
hmm.. I'll give it a shot I guess. lol.

"He doesn't need his resets nerfed. You have to be frame perfect for it to work, and even then there are ways to avoid it besides blocking. He has bad punish moves against most of the cast. His combos are execution heavy if you want to get anything over 35%. He has bad reversal options. His pressure strings have bad range."

Yeah I do agree that CSZ is his easiest variation to beat but he could potentially become the most problematic but currently that's sektor with his up rockets that on hit, he can run full screen and still continue his combo. People are upplaying CSZ too much
See now that something annoying, I was actually shocked when I slipped once and got hit and he did like you said. Ran all the way across the screen and comboed. I was shocked by how long I was stunned lol.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
hmm.. I'll give it a shot I guess. lol.

"He doesn't need his resets nerfed. You have to be frame perfect for it to work, and even then there are ways to avoid it besides blocking. He has bad punish moves against most of the cast. His combos are execution heavy if you want to get anything over 35%. He has bad reversal options. His pressure strings have bad range."
Oh ..

lol

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Why do you even bother making a thread like this? NRS didn't do it by accident. This isn't their first fighting game. They want to sell the DLC, so they make them really broken first. In the last balance patch, a lot of their dirt will be gone. Or maybe they'll just leave you with MK9 Komplete Edition 2, and invite you to go and buy the sequel to Injustice.

By the way, your words about Cyber Sub-Zero being fine don't sound very convincing when you have a Dhalsim profile picture :DOGE
Are some other scrub who think Dhalsim is OP? He finally has tools in SFV and I supposed you're all on the bandwagon of painting some unfair picture. He needs the tools he has to fucntion in this game. He has all the same issues he's had before when it comes to being pressured and rushed down. You guys were perfectly fine with Sim when he was piss poor in SFIV.

Just another fun unique character people wanna bitch about. Fine by me

This char is good but I don't think hes broke. He has good neutral, can "machine gun" his ice-ball unfair hard to block-ables if you don't lab. I have been playing good players online and they are blocking everything lol. I also think its really hard to open people up with triborg.

i hate the nrs community most of the time because all people do after not even a week of something new being out people cry for nerfs. Maybe if people get their timing down or idk maybe go to practice? they would have much trouble. Tbh idek why threads like this are made lmao people are ALWAYS gonna cry wolf and nrs will comply so what does it matter. Until nrs finds the balls to stop bending to every little thing this community crys about, this game and future nrs titles will never reach its full potential.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
There is nothing to discuss. CSZ is a character that--once fully learned, is purely brain dead. The receipt to his success is to 50/50 your opponent to death

...not cool.
This is the kind of mentality that is dangerous. You're making blanket statements supported with nothing more than a rather shallow opinion on him being braindead.
This char is good but I don't think hes broke. He has good neutral, can "machine gun" his ice-ball unfair hard to block-ables if you don't lab. I have been playing good players online and they are blocking everything lol. I also think its really hard to open people up with triborg.
Hold up, I was told that these setups were nearly impossible to block...

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Even after nerfs Sub-Zero is still high tier and now he's better than ever. He just passed up a lot of characters that used to be better. In MKXL he is better than Kung Lao, Tanya, Cassie Cage, maybe more. I understand the points you're making, but it doesn't hold water because the character is still really good and they even buffed grandmaster. I get that you're salted about unbreakable sucking ass but threads like this just make Sub-Zero players seem ungrateful when we are using a potential top tier character who is better off than almost everyone and still produces more complaints by his users. And if CSZ does get nerfed he will still probably be pretty dang good.
Your missing the entirety of my point. It's not about how good GM is now. That holds no merit to the actual conversation I'm trying to have right now.

The point is: The Witch Hunt of Sub-Zero we had then (GM) is entirely similar to the one we're having know (CSZ). He has a target on his back with people ready to fling concrete nerfs before the setups have actually been labbed by the community.

That is my issue here. Unbreakable has nothing to do with it. It was trash then and will remain trash. This is about the principle of the thing, the fact that TYM drones will parrot anything that supports a narrative who's engame meshes with theirs.

They don't want to deal with CSZ, and they might not ever have to. Meanwhile, Alien and Bo Rai Cho and Leatherface have equally scary bullshit but since @YOMI REO hasn't posted a video of them the pitchforks haven't come out yet.

I don't care if it isn't something people want to hear. I acknowledge that CSZ has a very strong corner game, but the reaction of TYM has been incredibly absurd.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I think what everyone is worried about is that NRS will go beyond the simple solution of making the bomb hit mid. So, now we have players trying to downplay this one setup because they don't want other facets of the character to get wrecked because of it.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I also love how everyone and even the OP was probably in favor of Summoner nerfs and now that he likes a char that is better than summoner he is defending it lol.