What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

MBA_Ermok

Re-learning Spectral Ermac
Is it just me or is it not possible to punish smokes teleport with F4? It whiffs alot and just goes through him :/

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Is it just me or is it not possible to punish smokes teleport with F4? It whiffs alot and just goes through him :/
The f4 has been wonky since day 1... Put Tanya in a teleporting-stance and it will whiff 100% of the time.. same goes for any other low profile.
Either way, punishing with f2 in that situation is the best option.

Last edited:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
but what are Spectrals pros and cons? What style of play is he (rushdown, defensive, zoner)?
He can be any one of those if you choose too. (He cant really zone due to a lack of projectile but he can throw himself I guess lol) MU dependent and how well you can use Spectral, you can control the screen with Soul Ascension. His Air D3/BF2/EXDB4 being great tools to do so. You can hop projectiles, dodge unblockables, make slides whiff for a full punish etc the list goes on but he also has a sick rushdown aspect to his game, and his corner game is complete madness lol. In Spectral, you can hit confirm any special cancel-able string into flight making it safe as houses. There are gaps and ways to poke out but there are ways round that aswell. He gets armor off THREE flight moves (2 being -on block EXDB4 & EXBF2) and one being + (EXDB2) so he can counter armor when the opponent finds the gaps and you make the read.

I'm gonna make a guide soon with plenty of videos covering all the aspects of the Spectral game but if there is anything specific you want to know about Spectral, just ask man! Hope I was of some help! :D

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
He can be any one of those if you chose too. (He cant really zone due to a lack of projectile but he can throw himself I guess lol) MU dependent and how well you can use Spectral, you can control the screen with Soul Ascension. His Air D3/BF2/EXDB4 being great tools to do so. You can hop projectiles, dodge unblockables, make slides whiff for a full punish etc the list goes on but he also has a sick rushdown aspect to his game, and his corner game is complete madness lol. In Spectral, you can hit confirm any special cancel-able string into flight making it safe as houses. There are gaps and ways to poke out but there are ways round that aswell. He gets armor off THREE flight moves (2 being -on block EXDB4 & EXBF2) and one being + (EXDB2) so he can counter armor when the opponent finds the gaps and you make the read.

I'm gonna make a guide soon with plenty of videos covering all the aspects of the Spectral game but if there is anything specific you want to know about Spectral, just ask man! Hope I was of some help! :D
hey man, wheres the gaps if he cancels F4 or B3 into Soul Ascension and goes into the facekick string?

Nausea

Soul Ascended

Noob
Lol this is my first Spectral Combo took me awhile to get the flight Cancel the B3 is even more annoying I'm always to far to link any thing.
Specially online, it seems the linker for flightxx23(4) the 4 always misses by a tiny bit, what i do is i visually confirm it if i think its going to miss even just for a small frame ill just do 23 and port... in B3 is specially annoying to link into flight strings, but its just practice/repetition, good stuff on the Combo tho, Did you find the B12 after port to be inconsistent?, because on Mystic its very inconsistent...

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Specially online, it seems the linker for flightxx23(4) the 4 always misses by a tiny bit, what i do is i visually confirm it if i think its going to miss even just for a small frame ill just do 23 and port... in B3 is specially annoying to link into flight strings, but its just practice/repetition, good stuff on the Combo tho, Did you find the B12 after port to be inconsistent?, because on Mystic its very inconsistent...
Its not as hard once you practice it over and over. The 4 only misses because you are not flying in close enough. Side note also, fly diagonally in and down a little to make confirmng the B12 off of DB4 10x easier. Mystic on the other hand, is a tight link but I have it fairly consistent now. As you said bro, practice/repetition is paramount. B3 is the hardest to link but for easiness to start with, just confirm it into flight db4/exdb4. Once you get the timing down, B3 fly in 3, DB4 for optimal conversion.

Noob
Its not as hard once you practice it over and over. The 4 only misses because you are not flying in close enough. Side note also, fly diagonally in and down a little to make confirmng the B12 off of DB4 10x easier. Mystic on the other hand, is a tight link but I have it fairly consistent now. As you said bro, practice/repetition is paramount. B3 is the hardest to link but for easiness to start with, just confirm it into flight db4/exdb4. Once you get the timing down, B3 fly in 3, DB4 for optimal conversion.
Yeah maybe that diagonal input is what i have been missing to make it more consistent, ill lab it up for a few later, see if i can get it down!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
A safe 50/50 with a good outcome
Well I hate to be the elephant in the room but that's what Spectral is for, and more of the time Soul Ascension's options are a lot more flexible in not just keeping Ermac safe, but entertaining several elements of "what's gonna happen next?", and more of the time you won't have to spend meter to do it.

Also, I'm pretty sure F4 doesn't jail into Soul Ball anyway, so it would only really aid in keeping the low safe. In any case EX Soul Ball should do differently other than a 2% damage boost, but I'm not gonna pretend I have better ideas lol.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Is there an easy way to link the nip after enhanced in air soul blast for spectral corner combos? @Nausea
After IASB you can B12 then you have a few options of what kinda combo you wanna do. Be it either into F21D2 to set up maybe a restand with a MB Throw to go for the mix up/vortex or B12 into Soul Ascension 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,BF2 to cash out the damage.