What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

zaf

professor
Hey everyone!

Ermac is back and I am more then happy to pick up where I left off with him in MK9! In my opinion, he has some really nice looking combos, especially in the master of souls variation.

Since most of the previous discussion is pre-release, I'll be opening this thread tonight upon release.

I will constantly be updating this thread with his important and relevant information. I will also leave links here in this thread'a OP for other threads that are started. This way we won't lose anything!

WE ARE MANY

CliffP

Noob
Played almost 100 matches online, I win 90% of my games against guys with equally good records but I have 10 losses from reckless Liu Kangs and mashers.

Most likely my playstyle but just MAYBE MoS variant isn't helping matters.

Also, guys don't do what I did and forget to equip faction stuff. Winning with Ermac nets you some nice bonuses as long as you have the proper stuff equipped. Like more Koins to unlock his brutalities.

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
Been playing Ermac since MK9 came out and I was a little disappointed about no bounce on his force slam, but MoS definitely makes up for it with the 3 soul bounce. I've heard a bunch of people found easy 54% combos with like 1 meter but I haven't had the time to find it, been cheesing with Kotal too much.

CliffP

Noob
@CliffP , why would you say MoS isn't helping much?
I switched today. You might be completely, totally right lmao.

Mystic is the shit. The hang is so much better at punishing scrub tactics. I don't mind the decrease in damage because the meter I save is better than the extra 6%.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
One of the things i really like about spectral ermac is his ridiculous hover punch. Plus 5 on block is crazy, but other than that, i could care less about the variation. I dont really like MoS because i feel i lose what i like most about ermac and thats zoning. I can see high damage coming from that variatiob though. I like mystic most at the moment, especially with his new combos and normals. For those of you who didnt play mk9 or forgot, my dude ermac had only ONE damn overhead! That damn u4 that i abused like a chronic masturbator abuses their dick. But now ermac has some nasty ass tools. Low starters along with nasty overhead mixups when we get in close. F3 is also somethin ive been fuckin with in practice. 12F start up is kinda ugly but its a deep ass poke. Also b32 (i think) can be sexy if you whiff the 3 on their wakeup because the 2 comes out incredibly fast! People might try to punish and get trucked.

Im loving ermac. Im back. Im labbing.
Im on psn. Crazy_kmikaze_88. Im trying to find practical high percent damage in mystic today. Help me out!!

zaf

professor
One of the things i really like about spectral ermac is his ridiculous hover punch. Plus 5 on block is crazy, but other than that, i could care less about the variation. I dont really like MoS because i feel i lose what i like most about ermac and thats zoning. I can see high damage coming from that variatiob though. I like mystic most at the moment, especially with his new combos and normals. For those of you who didnt play mk9 or forgot, my dude ermac had only ONE damn overhead! That damn u4 that i abused like a chronic masturbator abuses their dick. But now ermac has some nasty ass tools. Low starters along with nasty overhead mixups when we get in close. F3 is also somethin ive been fuckin with in practice. 12F start up is kinda ugly but its a deep ass poke. Also b32 (i think) can be sexy if you whiff the 3 on their wakeup because the 2 comes out incredibly fast! People might try to punish and get trucked.

Im loving ermac. Im back. Im labbing.
Im on psn. Crazy_kmikaze_88. Im trying to find practical high percent damage in mystic today. Help me out!!
How are you zoning in mystic variation?
with push?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Honestly, i havent had much exp other than a day 1 tournament. I was in practice mode all night last night tho. I just like his tools so far. Im going to figure that shit out tho for sure. Why do u guys like mos so much? I kinda hate not having push, but that air fireball is nice..

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I've been in the lab with Ermac all morning trying out MOS, doesn't seem like a very damaging Variation to be honest. Granted its day 1 and only been a couple hours, but this stuff is all I could come up with. Maybe it's lack of sleep idk =/

About to go grab some coffee and try out Mistic. The hang seems way better for combos then the stun ball. All I got out of that was corner carry combos that maxed at about 30-36% after burning meter.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn, this game is so different then MK 9. MK 9's combos were easy as fuck compared to the timing with MK X's IMO lol.

The running cancels takes getting used to, had to spend a good nearly 2 hours in the lab getting the timing down and even now I'll miss some but this is normal and I'm sure most will and will all get better as time goes on.

IMO I feel his most deadly variation is still MOS as I thought it would. I'm not saying Mystic and Spectral aren't good or can't be used, but I doubt we'll see them as much as MOS. Last night at GS, everyone who used Ermac was using Mystic except me lol. And everyone kept asking "how are you doing those combos" which I was dropping like nuts anyway...

I really have to get used to the backdash limitations, as a turtler and zoner I'm not the greatest fan of this eating my stamina lol but I guess that's what they wanted more risks for zoners as well as rushdown players.

zaf

professor
I've been in the lab with Ermac all morning trying out MOS, doesn't seem like a very damaging Variation to be honest. Granted its day 1 and only been a couple hours, but this stuff is all I could come up with. Maybe it's lack of sleep idk =/

About to go grab some coffee and try out Mistic. The hang seems way better for combos then the stun ball. All I got out of that was corner carry combos that maxed at about 30-36% after burning meter.
the first combo you do, j4 teleport ... you dont have to do d1... you can hit 22 into soul ball or lift

also the soul ball does more damage when you break it on them

you can get like 38% meterless off of f21d2, which is more then you can get in mystic so far meterless

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I forgot you can break the ball...I should have gone to bed earlier lol.

Have you found a decent anti air with Ermac? The only one I've come across is lift and push.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Found a pretty substantial way to build meter with Ermac in Mystic by just letting the opponent hang after a lift. Video below to explain thoroughly but what you do is don't follow up on the lift and just wiff instant air blasts, perfect timing you can get 4, along with the lift this is almost 25% of a bar of meter and you get 10% unscaled damage by just letting the opponent fall. Pretty neat :)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Found a pretty substantial way to build meter with Ermac in Mystic by just letting the opponent hang after a lift. Video below to explain thoroughly but what you do is don't follow up on the lift and just wiff instant air blasts, perfect timing you can get 4, along with the lift this is almost 25% of a bar of meter and you get 10% unscaled damage by just letting the opponent fall. Pretty neat :)

Abusing moves to gain meter from a distance? Reminds me of Chun from 3rd strike. Anyway, that video was incredibly informative. I'm no longer on the fence on who I will spend most of my time playing. I knew about the teleslam giving the extra 10%, but free meter? Sign me up.

Also, try this out, Homie.

jip, f21d2, jikxxTelepunch, 222xxTelelift=28% + 10% unscaled damage

Credit goes to @KamikazeJD for posting this earlier. I swear I'm still geeking about this tech.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
anyone here having trouble executing the j3 j4 to teleport? which is one of ermac's staple anti airs in mk9? it feels a bit weird, im having trouble timing it, mostly you have to delay it..i think..

and any one of you can recommend a solid blockstring that is at least neutral or better yet plus on block, which ermac can use as his primary block string to pressure or open up opponents? think of finding a replacement for mk9 ermac's 31, 31, blockstring

looking forward to leveling up ermac with you guys!

we are many! we are legion! we are ermac!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Abusing moves to gain meter from a distance? Reminds me of Chun from 3rd strike. Anyway, that video was incredibly informative. I'm no longer on the fence on who I will spend most of my time playing. I knew about the teleslam giving the extra 10%, but free meter? Sign me up.

Also, try this out, Homie.

jip, f21d2, jikxxTelepunch, 222xxTelelift=28% + 10% unscaled damage

Credit goes to @KamikazeJD for posting this earlier. I swear I'm still geeking about this tech.
Thanks and I just tried out that combo with the meter building and it builds over a third of a bar and does 38% :D

Cbmbo looks sick too.

Am I the only person screwing around with spectral? I've only used it for a bit but the potential seems awesome as long as you can flight cancel properly.

As we found out Impostor Shinnok steals tele hang from Ermac with Mimicry special so I guess he can steal this tech and whiff air teleports for free meter and if he lets opponent fall with the damage boost he might get 13% unscaled instead of 10%:)

zaf

professor

@Hitoshura
Getting 38% and all the meter is pretty cool.
I just want to know where you guys are getting damage from other then that f21d2 blockstring?
You can't rely on only that string alone to open someone up, especially when he has a 50/50
Off his 50/50, you would need to start hit confirming into teleport to be able to get a decent enough juggle off

B3~teleport d1 Lift = 11% then let them drop for another 10 - 21%
f4~teleport d1 lift = 13% then let them drop for another 10 -23%

Can you break throws??
Does not seem like it, was just testing this. Needs to be teched.

anyone here having trouble executing the j3 j4 to teleport? which is one of ermac's staple anti airs in mk9? it feels a bit weird, im having trouble timing it, mostly you have to delay it..i think..

and any one of you can recommend a solid blockstring that is at least neutral or better yet plus on block, which ermac can use as his primary block string to pressure or open up opponents? think of finding a replacement for mk9 ermac's 31, 31, blockstring

looking forward to leveling up ermac with you guys!

we are many! we are legion! we are ermac!
try to input the j3/j4 and teleport as one smooth input
J3 down back 4

as for blockstrings, there are a lot that can be used right now.
11 is good to use to mix up his 50/50 into
2,22 and 22 for the same as 11
f21d2, f212 are good as well.
but honestly, take a look at the thread I made about his normals and go from there.
boom panes