What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Nausea

Soul Ascended
@RM xRagnarökx You have no idea how much I freaked out this morning when I started playing your clips and opened a new tab. That lil girl signing gave me the fear lol

As for the GP itself, I suggest you don't go Mystic for the Quan MU for the future. It is a hard MU for Mystic. Spectral has better tools/armor to deal with his full screen shenanigans. Plus, with out a decent wake up option, once he's in that corner it is hell for him to get out.
A few other points though:
Once you familiarize yourself with Quan again you won't be getting hit of things you should be blocking, so more punishes! (B12 is a great punish these days!)
Use that D1/D4 anti air/anti cross-up. You had ample opportunity to go ham on his jumping so definitely something to lab out.
Remember your Ex Tele has armor too! There where times where he was just zoning you out & not respecting a wake up. EX Tele is a good tool against Sorcerer due to its multiple hits and knocks them out of the armor spell leading to full combo/corner positioning!

:D

I would have considered Spectral though since the input change on float I've yet to figure out how to use it. At this point I can't even do stand 4 xx Float.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Yeah Sorcerer Quan vs Mystic = 7-3 Quan. That is a terrible match up. Anywhere on the screen

Noob
Personally I preferred the ddu motion. I've spent some time with it and it still hinders me
If your on Ps4 Pad and using R2 trigger, it can be a huge pain in the ass to get right.. those triggers are awfull if you have to press trigger and another button at the same time =S

Hmm, I assumed as much. I spent close to an hour in the Lab practicing the float input. As it turns out, I was miss timing it. Apparently now you're supposed to wait until the string actually finishes before ending it with the Up. So taking that into consideration, I've found myself a little more in favor of the input. Also, I did happen to find the B12 Float 1 string. Mostly by holding DF and immediately inputting 1 as I finished the Soul Ascension Cancel.

On an unrelated note, I did get an opportunity to at the Cyrax Match Up playing against Jupiter. I would almost think it even with Mystic. Push can trade with Bombs to an extent, and Ermac can pressure Cyrax rather freely on wake up.

Thoughts?

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Mystic is a great variation. It helps me keep even the most annoying and high pressure characters out such as Mileena and Liu. I always see them keep their full screen distance, and even when they jump they get pegged by his pushback. I love it.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I've been playing spectral recently and I figured out ways to get the hover to come out consistently. When you cancel into hover it seems to come out more consistently when you tap the trigger or block button around the same time you input Up after down.

If you're doing raw hover though, it seems best to input the trigger/block button around the same time as the down input. Let me know if this helps.

Pig of the Hut:

"Master of Souls is what you use to get your feet wet with Ermac."

"Mystic is for players who have no execution."

"Spectral is for when you want to show off how good the character actually is."

Let's discuss shall we?

evolution07

Pig of the Hut:

"Master of Souls is what you use to get your feet wet with Ermac."

"Spectral is for when you want to show off how good the character actually is."

Let's discuss shall we?
*rolls eyes*

Why does he use Balanced Kenshi then? Isn't the idea behind Balanced and Mystic keep away? I've barely started picking up spectral and they're all great variations.

Let's not forget about Toxin and Big D who use the character as well. It comes off as an insult to me.

Last edited:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Listening to Fud of the Hut's drivel about Ermac is like a homeless dude telling you he hates your curtains.

He plays Kenshi, let him be. :DOGE

Hmm, @Nausea which do you prefer in the Grand Master match up? Given the improvements to Mystic, I would almost recommend it over the other two. Aside from F4 clone, I believe Ermac can BF2 punish any clone setup in the corner. Though I've never used Spectral in the match up either.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Hmm, @Nausea which do you prefer in the Grand Master match up? Given the improvements to Mystic, I would almost recommend it over the other two. Aside from F4 clone, I believe Ermac can BF2 punish any clone setup in the corner. Though I've never used Spectral in the match up either.
Mystic is probably the best pick now to blow up GM but Spectral holds his own quiet well imo, especially mid-screen.

evolution07

The way toxin uses spectral is so impressive. I gotta get more practice out of it before I bust it out in matches.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
The way toxin uses spectral is so impressive. I gotta get more practice out of it before I bust it out in matches.
Spectral has so much more to offer than what Toxin is doing right now. Looks like he is still finding his feet with him but don't get me wrong, that shit is working goooood :D

evolution07

Spectral has so much more to offer than what Toxin is doing right now. Looks like he is still finding his feet with him but don't get me wrong, that shit is working goooood :D
Yeah I was working on meterless corner combos and got 45/46ish. It's so good. Those hover fakeouts into overhead / low mixups are so good. I never picked spectral up cuz of the DDU motion, but now that it's easier it's a very fun variation. Can't wait to use it more.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Spectral for MUS where keeping pressure up is important. Finding it really useful vs. Predator, Takeda, Kotal Kahn, and has a really reliable way out of the corner with soul Charge. Soul Ascension Mix Ups and solid damage.

MoS for the hardest hitting truck vortex on the highway today.

Mystic is for coverage. Characters you know you can keep out. What does this variation do vs Liu Kang? I've had zero success with Mystic vs DF or Flame Fist. Dualistic not so bad.

evolution07

Mystic is for coverage. Characters you know you can keep out. What does this variation do vs Liu Kang? I've had zero success with Mystic vs DF or Flame Fist. Dualistic not so bad.
I've been able to keep Liu out but maybe it was because the player wasn't too much of a hardcore player, but I've done the same with mileena. They get really cautious about what they're gonna do and tend to stay their distance full screen.