What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
@RM xRagnarökx it's probably because no matter what variation we play it's all straightforward. Maybe I'm being a negative Nancy or exaggerating but it feels like as Ermac were all going for the same style. The real differences in our playstyles is you might go for the low 40% of the time while I go for it 55% and how much you use the f34 vs how many times I do.

It feels like besides the vortex and levitate cancel chains. There's not many options where our chart expands.

Like with Takeda will he drop the lightsaber? If he does will he call it back for plus frames or will he use it to get the reset? Maybe he keeps it on the ground and finishes the string. In his b11 pressure will he finish the string or use the plus frames to down 3, or set up the b21 overhead low string?

For us it's f21 or b12 will the Ermac finish the string? And will he f4 or b3? Not much variable things.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Figured out something quite funny to look at with Spectral while going over corner armor escapes/setups today.

I'm calling it the Moonfloat (as opposed to Moonwalk) I'm editing a video just now which is going to be shit but there might be a few laughs to be had :DOGE

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
What do you guys think of the Tempest vs Mystic mu? I honestly think Mystic wins this one now.

*rolls eyes*

"Mystic is for players who have no execution."

Why does he use Balanced Kenshi then? Isn't the idea behind Balanced and Mystic keep away? I've barely started picking up spectral and they're all great variations.

Let's not forget about Toxin and Big D who use the character as well. It comes off as an insult to me.
Pig of the Hut:

"Master of Souls is what you use to get your feet wet with Ermac."

"Mystic is for players who have no execution."

"Spectral is for when you want to show off how good the character actually is."

Let's discuss shall we?
Here is some easy to do Ermac MOS Stuff.What is Pigs best Kenshi Combo Jip,D2 ?
:DOGE

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So with the new stuff people are discovering about Spectral, I'm interested in picking him up since I've been a MoS player since day 1 but what are Spectrals pros and cons? What style of play is he (rushdown, defensive, zoner)?

Spectral has the best mobility of the 3, the safest 50/50 options. The same level of mid screen meter-less damage. He is more of a rush down character (in my opinion) than defensive or zoning, although he can control the air very well.

His only con , again in my opinion is the execution barrier of Spectral. It takes time to get his float cancels down, as well as the appropriate combo for each situation.

@Nausea has been a Day 1 Spectral main as I recall. So he could confirm or clarify that.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Spectral has the best mobility of the 3, the safest 50/50 options. The same level of mid screen meter-less damage. He is more of a rush down character (in my opinion) than defensive or zoning, although he can control the air very well.

His only con , again in my opinion is the execution barrier of Spectral. It takes time to get his float cancels down, as well as the appropriate combo for each situation.

@Nausea has been a Day 1 Spectral main as I recall. So he could confirm or clarify that.
Best mobility because he can fly around? Isn't he very exposed against characters that control the air with dive kicks and such?

Safest 50/50? you mean if he gets in and does a F4 or B3, he isn't as punishable because he doesn't have a soul ball that's very negative?

He is if you remain low enough to the ground for a dive kick to hit. Otherwise most characters can't reach him. The only ones that could that come to mind are Shinnok & Kenshi. You'd be surprised how useful flying backwards in a match can be under the right circumstances.

Safe 50/50's in that he has safe options off of normals into flight special's. For example, B3 - Flight Soul Blast is a safe low to overhead transition and can't be armored. There are a few setups where he can transition to flight and the opponent has to guess on the pressure. Of course some characters can D2, Low profile/Armor out of those setups. However doing it on reaction may be risky.

Arzumis

Noob
Im a little late to to the ermac party so excuse this if this is already known but for me ermacs d4 is a godlike anti air. Im even beating subzeros jump ins

D4 is one of the better AA"s in the game in my and other Ermac player's opinions.

On a side note. I've some match footage on a match up I've deemed to be...frustrating, to put it mildly. So I shall need the Ermac community to resurrect itself in these forums to provide some insight as to the approach.