What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

So is bane just a tick throw command grab person? i know he cant combo much considering hes so slow. Also, whats the best way punish people?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Could somebody break down the trait for me? What does each level give you and what are the de buff effects?
His trait comes in the form of venom buffs. 3 levels.

Lvl 1: All specials have 1 hit of armor that lasts until the move is over or until the opponent breaks it. Bane does more dmg, takes less dmg.

Lvl 2: More dmg done, less dmg taken.

Lvl 3: Even more dmg done, even less dmg taken. Charge becomes completely immune to projectiles. F2d gains armor.

Debuff times for each level of venom are 3 sec., 6 sec., and 9 sec. respectively. While debuffed, Bane takes more dmg, does less dmg, and suffers from slowed mobility.

Last edited:

UGL Preon

The Casual God
So level 3 venom is it only the command grab that breaks armor now? Or am I just tripping. Not at home can't lab atm.

Does Bane's venom armor start on frame 1? So you can trait**bf2 as a reversal out of mixup strings? And can he use venom3 bf3 to invul through drfate's MB projectile? Say you block the first 1, trait*3 during blockstun and bf3 the last 2.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
he's an up-close grappler with only melee attacks and no resets/touch-of-death vortexes

shouldn't be surprising that he makes up for it by having raw damage
I get that, just wasn't expecting the numbers I was getting. If he's lost some of his corner armor pitbull-ery I can see why the damage is higher

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I've noticed he pretty much beats whoever can't back dash his command grab on knockdown after a command grab but has a tough time against those who can

So what exactly do i wanna do when i get someone in the corner? Do i just lv 1 venom into command grabs or the bf2?

CriminalCreed

But will it mix?
What's everybody using for their neutral strings?
d1, d2, 113, 11d22, b21, f1. Sometimes a well spaced fd2. Most of his strings are stubby, and it's actually quite hard to take advantage of plus frames with him. It's more of a game of conditioning, imo.

Last edited:

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Anybody noticed the bug where on clash or getting super'd by an enemy your venom debuff will completely reset and you'll have to wait the time out again?

Super fun.

TheSkesh

Im Old
Anybody noticed the bug where on clash or getting super'd by an enemy your venom debuff will completely reset and you'll have to wait the time out again?

Super fun.
At first I thought you meant it puts you in debuff from the buff, which I think is by design. But it actually resets the debuff to its beginning? Oh my.