What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
I need lots of help with him. I love his style and look but damn do his normals suck. Everything is so slow and stubby imo.

I can't anti air at all on reaction now besides armored uppercut. Why did they make d2 so bad?!

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
I need lots of help with him. I love his style and look but damn do his normals suck. Everything is so slow and stubby imo.

I can't anti air at all on reaction now besides armored uppercut. Why did they make d2 so bad?!
He def does feel on the stubby side, but my suggestion to you for now is to at least be in the correct position for an anti air grab.

Me personally, because the cooldown is so bad on level 3 (and that's fair cause his damage is absurd when it's packed on, even chip damage) I agree with @Chakk dizzle in only using it in a kill situation (round 2).

I love annoying people with D1 like usual, but the BF2 is so nice now. Is it me or does his uppercut seem better now?
It seems better on wakeup but really miss being able to MB to make it somewhat safe...

Any tips on reacting to someone who back dashes and blocks bf1 follow up after being knocked down? Or will that always just result in them resetting the neutral?

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
For me, two biggest things that hurt him in IJ2 that we had in IJ1 is loss of double punch (outside of gear, obviously) and not being able to meter burn DB2 to make it somewhat safe.

Yes, he can tick throw off more strings now (B2,3 being a great one), he gets more damage in combos without venom now, but his strings/normals outside of D1 are still slow and stubby. He still has problems staying in once he gets in. Couple that with the fact that like everyone in this game has multiple projectiles and at least one forward advancing string, and it can get rough.

I've had multiple long sets where once the opponent knows what we can tick throw off of, they can avoid it easily, and always punish the elbow drop and charge on block. I like his new tools alot, and I think he requires much more patience and thought now, but I'm not sure if I like him more than IJ1 post-buffed Bane. Time will tell.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Any tips on reacting to someone who back dashes and blocks bf1 follow up after being knocked down? Or will that always just result in them resetting the neutral?
For back dashers, once you get the read, I always meaty command grab , f2, or dash up grab.

LJTR21

I want a million dollars.
The Double Punch is gone...does someone know what is the move need to do instead of this one?, I find the mercenary elbow too unsafe and the raging charge too predictable...

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
The Double Punch is gone...does someone know what is the move need to do instead of this one?, I find the mercenary elbow too unsafe and the raging charge too predictable...
I have been playing bane for a while and honestly.... He really has nothing safe. The charge might be his best thing to do on block, but it seems like he is forced to play a 50/50 overhead grab mixups after block, and go crazy with trait game. Its kind hard to play a safe neutral for him, but waking back and doing d1's are good for controlling space. Against zoner happy people, seems we are forced to rely on charge. Dont forget level three his charge is completely invincible to projectiles. Bane seems a little worse off from the first game, but hes armored meaty command grabs on wakeup still seems to be where his potential shines. EDIT: Superman is still a pain though >_<

Last edited:

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
You guys are summing up most of my thoughts. I'm pretty disappointed so far with Bane.

1) As mentioned, stubby normals. COMPARE Bane to other chars, he's not that good. Yes, he's way better than IJ1 Bane but is that saying much when the game has greatly evolved?

2) Most of us Bane mains have figured out just how unsafe he is and in a game where the best chars have safe pressure vs us who have to make hard (and I mean HARD) reads, risk/reward kind of dunks him

3) His frame data is just.........bad. Like, why does most chars have an abuseable safe plus frames string, where is ours? If we can't zone like most chars in the game, and you mostly nerfed venom, meet us halfway here.

Thoughts?

SuppaSapien3

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT:
-2 bars
-lv 3 venom
P.S.: 2 down has amor, is projectile invincible, and is a overhead with lv 3 venom. Best of all it stuffs alot of character's wakeups. Testing required.

Annotation: 2-down, back-back-wallbounce cancel, jump 2, 1-2-3, ring slam

EDIT: P.P.S. If you use the stage background bounce you can do it meterless for a little less damage

Last edited:

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
You guys are summing up most of my thoughts. I'm pretty disappointed so far with Bane.

1) As mentioned, stubby normals. COMPARE Bane to other chars, he's not that good. Yes, he's way better than IJ1 Bane but is that saying much when the game has greatly evolved?

2) Most of us Bane mains have figured out just how unsafe he is and in a game where the best chars have safe pressure vs us who have to make hard (and I mean HARD) reads, risk/reward kind of dunks him

3) His frame data is just.........bad. Like, why does most chars have an abuseable safe plus frames string, where is ours? If we can't zone like most chars in the game, and you mostly nerfed venom, meet us halfway here.

Thoughts?
He's better than release day IJ1 Bane, but imo is worse than post-buff IJ1 Bane.

Our current Bane has better frame data on some strings/normals, better and more tick throws, a far more useful "ultra", and better non-venom damage, but I don't think those things make up for what he lost just yet.

Worse specials, less point to spending meter (sans MB roll), no way to burn meter to stay safe on a wakeup with upper, and a far worse neutral with the loss of DP are killers for him.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
The issue is that move is such a hard unsafe read. I wish that move were safer I would abuse it
I agree. The elbow drop gets you killed if they block it. It's also worse than Double Punch because it leaves you farther away from them after they're hit, leaving you less options to continue your pressure on their wakeup.

SuppaSapien3

The issue is that move is such a hard unsafe read. I wish that move were safer I would abuse it
It is true but i would wager that the reward is worth the risk lol. Plus if the opponent blocks the forward, forward ground bounce, instead of the wall bounce cancel , its safe(unless you are traited sups -_-). You may be able to jump, or teleport out but requires testing. Plus if you just do the forward three again instead of jump 2,its like 50 percent unclashable. The biggest risk would be the insane debuff though :p

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't know why such a slow move that can't combo and doesn't lead to much pressure outside of corner is so unsafe

Bane really feels like he's lagged behind the rest of the roster, especially other legacy characters. The shift to normals irks me because he was originally designed around using double punch as his bread and butter neutral tool, and that + his command grab meant he had to have mediocre normals. Well, DP is gone but there's nothing to fill in the gap.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Bane in injustice 1 had a lot more dirt and overall was better, but that doesn't mean I2 Bane is bad. The none mb grab is a lot better now, his meterless damage is strong. His footsies which were I think his best attributes in the first game are still powerful with his great D2, D1, and grab. Some of his frame traps are still there and the new F2D guessing game is great. All in all buffs at some point would not surprise me, but even without this is still a solid character.

LJTR21

I want a million dollars.
What Im thinking now is that the overdose quirk of canceling when the youre about to do f2 has to be used like a fireball cancel, ala scorpion and his fireball, in place of the DP, from there on doing mixups with the bbomb, f2d or melbow if blocked low. Whatever comes first. Opinions?

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I don't know why such a slow move that can't combo and doesn't lead to much pressure outside of corner is so unsafe

Bane really feels like he's lagged behind the rest of the roster, especially other legacy characters. The shift to normals irks me because he was originally designed around using double punch as his bread and butter neutral tool, and that + his command grab meant he had to have mediocre normals. Well, DP is gone but there's nothing to fill in the gap.
Exactly this. I can smash most people in the first 3-4 games but in long sets against good players it becomes apparent to the opponent that:

Bane's neutral is rough and at mid range he has few to no options against more range based characters
His specials that give pressure are punishable (Elbow, Charge is to certain moves/reversals)
His tick throws are jumpable

And then they just back away slowly, using projectiles and strings that carry them forward to smash me. Saw this alot vs a good Green Lantern (PTSD from release day IJ1 Bane, ugh) and Captain Cold.

Still trying to figure out my best options.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Does anyone have the full properties and down times of each venom level ?

I cannot find the use for d2...it's ass for an AA but I saw that it's been mostly used as a tick grab setup. What are you guys using to AA on reaction mostly ?

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Thread title makes it sound like Bane is gay and looking for a partner, just saying.

Other thread on the Bane subforum: "Be sure not to blow your load too quickly."

What we have here are now thread titles that amount to step-by-step instructions:

1. Enter the Bane

2. Be sure not to blow your load to quickly.

Anticipating step 3 will involve the safest ways to get in and how to stay there as long as possible.

Step 4 will involve how to most politely and tactfully exit your opponent's game after concluding your match with him.