What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Probably better to do that. It's very easy to just jump out of the command grab or just jab Bane on the b23 tick throw. It's so risky using bf2 that if I were playing against me, I'd play to avoid the grab most of time. Eating a few elbows isn't that much damage.

Bf2 is just so damn risky. It feels really bad getting blown up off it. The risk/reward just doesn't seem to be there for that move and unfortunately it seems essential to use it.
I wasn't expecting it to be this unsafe when I was watching the pre-release stream, MB version should pop up honestly, it'd even out the risk to reward ratio.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Would you guys say bane is in a good spot?
Absolutely yes. Top tier? Not at all (loses to heavy zoners like Captain Cold). WW gives him problems too due to range and her great footsies.

Overall, I'd say he's a solid upper mid. BF2 elbow is amazing and when the other Banes criticizing it start to use it more, I'm confident they will see also (I didn't like it at first either). This beats throws (non air throws), lows, low poking mids, neutral jumping and backdashing (if spaced right). This move is REALLY good considering Bane's main tool in the neutral is D1. Many, many times I'll randomly walk back and forth and use this move. It's fast too. Hit somebody enough times w/this move and they start doing what we want, which is getting up blocking low, then Bane Bomb.

Bane is being slept on and I hope it stays this way. He is not easy mode to play, your defense needs to be on point. But his AA are excellent too. D2, DB2 MB (with trait on to absorb a hit) is REALLY strong in a jump heavy game.

Again I recommend a pocket char for super zoner heavy chars, but I strongly feel a good bane can handle most of the cast

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Probably better to do that. It's very easy to just jump out of the command grab or just jab Bane on the b23 tick throw. It's so risky using bf2 that if I were playing against me, I'd play to avoid the grab most of time. Eating a few elbows isn't that much damage.

Bf2 is just so damn risky. It feels really bad getting blown up off it. The risk/reward just doesn't seem to be there for that move and unfortunately it seems essential to use it.
The People's Elbow (lol) isn't as good as double punch was but it has it's uses. Blowing up wakeups that your command grab won't work on, catching back dashers, an on reaction move to throw out when people like to push too many buttons in the neutral.

It really is too risky most of the time though.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
With each elbow you're risking a full combo punish for what, 10% damage and a knockdown? No thanks. Especially with the number of easy 50%+ combos in this game. Every time you elbow, you're wagering 50% of your health on that 10% and a knockdown.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
stop throwing it out random then
I don't, but that wasn't the point of my post. Also, when are you using it, if not at random? If you're making a read you're either going d2, command grab, bf1, or maybe 113. From the looks of it, people are only using it when they think an opponent is going to wakeup or jump (in which case d2~bf1 while on trait will beat all options for the most part, and isn't risking 50% of your health). So really you could say that it's only use is to be thrown out at random, just to keep the opponent on their toes; otherwise Bane always has a better option.

Agilaz

It has begun
So I don't know if this was posted somewhere already, or if it's even useful, but I think a found an option select with Bane.

112d~DBF3.

If they block the 2d, they get grabbed. If they try to interrupt the 2d, most things get stuffed (supers beat you obv) and they get grabbed. If they backdash after the 11, you will do 2d3 instead of 2d~C.grab. Depending on who's dashing it'll either land or they'll block it and you'll be at -5 which is safe AFAIK.

Further testing required, but so far supers and things like Batman's cape counters seem to beat it. Again, not sure how useful it is, just something I found while labbing Banerino

EDIT: nvm i made myself sad, they can apparently just backdash after the 2d to escape the grab

CriminalCreed

But will it mix?
So I don't know if this was posted somewhere already, or if it's even useful, but I think a found an option select with Bane.

112d~DBF3.

If they block the 2d, they get grabbed. If they try to interrupt the 2d, most things get stuffed (supers beat you obv) and they get grabbed. If they backdash after the 11, you will do 2d3 instead of 2d~C.grab. Depending on who's dashing it'll either land or they'll block it and you'll be at -5 which is safe AFAIK.

Further testing required, but so far supers and things like Batman's cape counters seem to beat it. Again, not sure how useful it is, just something I found while labbing Banerino

EDIT: nvm i made myself sad, they can apparently just backdash after the 2d to escape the grab
I respect the enthusiasm, and it can be a great place to start looking for new options. Bane sure needs them.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist

112d~DBF3.

If they figure it out and start backdashing, you can cancel the 2 into forward dash to chase down their backdash and punish with a 11/12 combo.

Bane should have a ground pound stolen straight up from Jax. And a special where he is flexing and gaining meter when you hold a button.xD

Last edited:

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Absolutely yes. Top tier? Not at all (loses to heavy zoners like Captain Cold). WW gives him problems too due to range and her great footsies.

Overall, I'd say he's a solid upper mid. BF2 elbow is amazing and when the other Banes criticizing it start to use it more, I'm confident they will see also (I didn't like it at first either). This beats throws (non air throws), lows, low poking mids, neutral jumping and backdashing (if spaced right). This move is REALLY good considering Bane's main tool in the neutral is D1. Many, many times I'll randomly walk back and forth and use this move. It's fast too. Hit somebody enough times w/this move and they start doing what we want, which is getting up blocking low, then Bane Bomb.

Bane is being slept on and I hope it stays this way. He is not easy mode to play, your defense needs to be on point. But his AA are excellent too. D2, DB2 MB (with trait on to absorb a hit) is REALLY strong in a jump heavy game.

Again I recommend a pocket char for super zoner heavy chars, but I strongly feel a good bane can handle most of the cast
I agree with this. I do feel like Bane, when played well, and with knowledge of matchups, can handle most of the cast. I see Banes getting counterpicked A LOT in the games later life if he maintains the same tools he has.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So how do you oki with such weak frames on hit? I'm getting tired of giving away my turn every time I knock down. D1 check is the only thing that's somewhat consistent, but even then they can backdash that in most cases.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
So how do you oki with such weak frames on hit? I'm getting tired of giving away my turn every time I knock down. D1 check is the only thing that's somewhat consistent, but even then they can backdash that in most cases.
113 stuffs non-fully invincible wake ups such as Robin DP after command grab or charge on hit. After venom upper if they dont tech roll then B2 does the same and after 112D3 and F2D3 dash forward B2 stuffs them too. Delayed raw command grab catches backdashes after they recoer. Armor for blowing up basic safe wake ups. Jump back body splash good for baiting certain specific wake ups that advance forward or teleports such as supergirls (both versions get stuffed by splash). When you condition them to sit there and block you hit them with the mixes and tick throws.

Example of stuffing wake ups with 113:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WetDoba/video/31561692

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
113 stuffs non-fully invincible wake ups such as Robin DP after command grab or charge on hit. After venom upper if they dont tech roll then B2 does the same and after 112D3 and F2D3 B2 stuffs them too. Delayed raw command grab catches backdashes after they recoer. Armor for blowing up basic safe wake ups. Jump back body splash good for baiting certain specific wake ups that advance forward or teleports such as supergirls (both versions get stuffed by splash). When you condition them to sit there and block you hit them eith the mixes and tick throws.

Example of stuffing wake ups with 113:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WetDoba/video/31561692
What about elbow? It's only +5 with half screen pushback.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I can't do it anymore, he's just so bad compared to his Injustice 1 version. Unsafe on everything, plus frames stripped away, much weaker oki. It feels like I'm playing Bo Rai Cho again, except without the mixups.

has there been a planet for bane yet in the multiverse. all im seeing is superman swampthing and others and its getting annoying.

112d~DBF3.

Hello! I'm new here (mostly been playing Soul Calibur/SF/GG) and I don't know how Bane worked in IJ1 but this string I've been using a lot up close. The Bane bomb can connect after 2d on hit and on block, when the enemy starts counterattacking after 2d then make it safe with Venom. Cancel into Slam if you anticipate a jump out of the mixer, haven't tried db2 though. If you read a backdash you can dashcancel into another bomb or (this one may be character specific, know it works against flash 100%) punish them with a big b23 combo :D

Is it just me or is b1 a monster of a button? After a blocked b1 the opponent needs to play a game of high/low/throw. You can continue the string to b11, tick into CMD grab, or cancel into elbow.

Even if they block b11 they are in a similar place, just its only high/throw since b11 can still be ticked into CMD grab or finish the string. (Which is only -2 on block)

This might be common knowledge but it was eye opening when I figured it out lol.