What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

4_TheUsers

For the Gods!
So should i even be hitting level 3 venom? Don't know if it is worth since the debuff is so long. I have only been using level 1 venom for armored cmd grabs.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
So should i even be hitting level 3 venom? Don't know if it is worth since the debuff is so long. I have only been using level 1 venom for armored cmd grabs.
Unless it kills and you take the round or match, IMO a strong no. The debuff, horrible movement and increased damage you take isn't worth it IMO.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
I think bane needs a new combo off d1. It seems to much of his neutral relies off it and the only thing with can cancel to is a unsafe overhead.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Honestly, his overhead should be negative, not launch punish unsafe. I should lose a turn, not lose my life when other chars have far better options. I don't think Bane needs much, just a couple of super minor tweaks. We don't need a braindead busted char, just one who doesn't lose half life for guessing wrong. He's too go hard or go home

RYX

BIG PUSHER
tbh if Bane does end up being bad enough that buffs are warranted, I'd take either a faster f2d or safer bf2, former for better neutral/footsies, latter for better pressure

i doubt the second will happen though since they removed double punch for a reason. looks to me like they made him more about just doing a ton of damage instead of having strong set-ups/oki like in igau

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I don't want to talk buffs already, but...

If they were to give him anything in the future, the only thing I'd want is a faster recovering dash. That's it.

Honestly think it would solve all his problems. His stubby normals wouldn't be as much an issue, you wouldn't have to rely on BF2 as much (and you could throw it out earlier w/ venom to gain control), you could dashxcmd grab far easier, dash in and throw out a string much faster to pressure easier, etc etc. Right now, its hard to get into the range where you can work your magic without getting hit first.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Honestly, his overhead should be negative, not launch punish unsafe. I should lose a turn, not lose my life when other chars have far better options. I don't think Bane needs much, just a couple of super minor tweaks. We don't need a braindead busted char, just one who doesn't lose half life for guessing wrong. He's too go hard or go home
If BF2 is safe then he is not giving up his turn because he would still just be able to armor like the first game, so it becomes armor into armor into armor forever. When Bane is negative it is still his turn, hence it needs to be punishable

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I don't want to talk buffs already, but...

If they were to give him anything in the future, the only thing I'd want is a faster recovering dash. That's it.

Honestly think it would solve all his problems. His stubby normals wouldn't be as much an issue, you wouldn't have to rely on BF2 as much (and you could throw it out earlier w/ venom to gain control), you could dashxcmd grab far easier, dash in and throw out a string much faster to pressure easier, etc etc. Right now, its hard to get into the range where you can work your magic without getting hit first.
Banes normals are not stubby and his walkspeed is godlike now. He also has multiple low crush moves. He can play legitimate footsies now and is very good at it. Dash up pressure should only be used when appropriate, his main way to start pressure is based of walking now

Reactions: RYX

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If BF2 is safe then he is not giving up his turn because he would still just be able to armor like the first game, so it becomes armor into armor into armor forever. When Bane is negative it is still his turn, hence it needs to be punishable
Maybe I'm not following you, but your scenario seems super situational, assuming you have meter to break through. For what BF2 does, it's only an overhead and doesn't combo, -26 is pretty high IMO. Again maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Maybe I'm not following you, but your scenario seems super situational, assuming you have meter to break through. For what BF2 does, it's only an overhead and doesn't combo, -26 is pretty high IMO. Again maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying
BF2 does so much more, it is not "just an overhead"

It also catches back dashes, catches jumping backwards, low crushes, and is armored so catches people pressing buttons and the mb is also Banes best time wasting move in debuff besides maybe F2D 1+3mb. That is INSANELY versatile for one move and compliments command grab in every way. If the move was not launch punishable (you can launch off D1s in this game so it would have to be -6 like Igau1) then it would always be his turn for just simply doing BF2 over and over since armor starts on the first frame of the move

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
BF2 does so much more, it is not "just an overhead"

It also catches back dashes, catches jumping backwards, low crushes, and is armored so catches people pressing buttons and the mb is also Banes best time wasting move in debuff besides maybe F2D 1+3mb. That is INSANELY versatile for one move and compliments command grab in every way. If the move was not launch punishable (you can launch off D1s in this game so it would have to be -6 like Igau1) then it would always be his turn for just simply doing BF2 over and over since armor starts on the first frame of the move
True, I'm possibly not labbing BF2 enough, good points

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Does anyone know if any of his normals gain armor from venom?

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Does anyone believe trying to stay in lv 1 venom everytime you have it; and backing off when you don't,keeping venom on as long as you can, a viable strat, or just using it everytime we have a knockdown more feasible. It seems lv1 venom recovers really fast compared to the first injustice game.

hello hello, so I'm new to fighting games, new to bane.

I'm looking for some advice so I'll just say what I have been doing and what I have been doing with bane and then if I'm doing something wrong please do say because I want to get better, I don’t want to drop bane and the game is only a day in for the uk so yeah but I don’t know how to feel about bane, besides bane I like the look of the joker but again if I started joker id drop bane but this is day 1 for me and I want to work with bane and not just drop him because I'm stuck.

Neutral

• I’m pretty much trying to stay in their face, I’m using D1 a lot trying to get the tick throw, i know I can tick throw off more than D1 but I seem to be using it the most I'm also doing 112, dash b32 into combo or tick For pressure.
  • Besides that I'm spacing so I can land B23 so I can get into my combo and if its block ill tick throw it but I don’t seem to do it very often.
  • If they keep blocking my B23 ill do B21 it ends in an overhead and its +3 so its good to throw out there.
  • if I'm getting zoned ill get my lvl 1 trait and go for the BF1. It seems pretty safe since its pushback but I have been punished for it and you cart always do it since it can be baited.
Combos
all combos are done on superman with competitive mode on.
none of these combos had banes trait on.

Midscreen

0 bar

b32, b32, 123 XX DB1 (402.32)

113 XX BDF3 (267.84)

2 bar

113 XX BB(MB), ji2, 123 XX db1 (522.10)

CORNER

0 bar

113, 1, 123 XX DB1 (401.65)

this combo is weird because sometimes will throw out of the corner but most the time it doesn't.

2 bar

113 XX FF(MB) , 1, 123 XX DB1 (516.63)

misc

• never go higher than lvl 2 trait since the debuff is too big on lvl 3 IMO (unless the combo will kill then go for it)
  • For AA I just go for the db1 since I think doing the db1 is better than his d2, I know you can get a full combo off d2 but again I just prefer using db1.
  • I'll always trait during the DB1 animation unless I'm already lvl 2
  • I feel you pretty much have to use 113 for his punish since 1 is his fastest normal BUT it has whiffed for me a lot more than I'd like.
Gaps in strings
gaps were tested by reversal attack: dash backward
  • all 112 strings have a gap between 11(gap)2
  • 11(gap)3
  • B1(gap)1
  • 1(gap)2
  • 1(gap)2,3
  • B2(gap)1
  • F2(gap)D grab
  • F2(gap)D3 - you chase them down if they backdash this.
  • B23 (gap) tick
  • D1 (gap) tick - the tick chases down the backdash so not so bad
That's pretty much it for how I'm playing him and everything I know. I'm not sure if I'm playing him wrong or I just need to keep playing him but his 113 whiffs a lot for me and that's my punish string. I'm not sure if that's just something I'm going to have to deal with or I'm doing something wrong. I also really struggle with anyone who presses a lot of buttons and has fast normal. I get overwhelmed really fast and just don't feel like my D1 poke will get me out the pressure so i have to spend bar to MB roll out.

again this is my first fighting game and I figured most of this out by myself so I'm sorry if anything is wrong but I'm struggling to play bane, maybe I'm just bad but am I missing something? any help would be really helpful because I labbed and played bane all day today and this is what I have learned after 1 day.

sorry for the wall of text

edit1: changed some typos
edit2: added more

Last edited:
Maybe it's online play, but I feel like I cannot punish anything. Block block block and just get stuffed when I make a play. It didn't feel like that in IGAU

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Bane seems to have farther reaching normals than most characters, stay at the tip of d1 range and play a bit conditioning and a bit reactionary. If they jump you're at perfect range for d2.
Use pokes and ticks first as command grab whiff recovery is safer than bf2 is on block and that's your 50/50.
If they jump out of grab they get hit by bf2, if they respect bf2 they're gonna get hit by grab.
Gonna test when I get home how much advantage he's at on on hit.
Also be aware mb command grab switches sides, regular one doesn't. Be mindful if you are setting up for the corner or interactible usage

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
He feels really bad right now. Bf2 is unusable essentially. It's punishable on block and god forbid you whiff it
trust me i thought the same thing but bf2 is a fantastic new addition. Stops jumping, beats (non air) throws and goes over lows plus has a big hitbox.