What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I understand that Wonder Woman is generally considered bad in this game, but does anybody have any match-up experience against her? I've only played maybe two, and the last guy I played got two games on me, then I got a win off him and he left.

He beat me literally only doing air shield throw, ground shield throw, her standing whip move, an advancing string or two and wake-ups. No combos, no real tech, but it was rough. Obviously I lack the match-up knowledge there and it definitely was a laggy match, but I feel like Bane should crush her. I definitely need to up my game in that match-up.

Skedar70

Noob
I understand that Wonder Woman is generally considered bad in this game, but does anybody have any match-up experience against her? I've only played maybe two, and the last guy I played got two games on me, then I got a win off him and he left.

He beat me literally only doing air shield throw, ground shield throw, her standing whip move, an advancing string or two and wake-ups. No combos, no real tech, but it was rough. Obviously I lack the match-up knowledge there and it definitely was a laggy match, but I feel like Bane should crush her. I definitely need to up my game in that match-up.
I don't see this happening. Her projectile is a mid reaches far and I don't think you can come in close on her and d1 to start your pressure since her shield, shield dash, and lasso will outreach you. Her wake up shield bash has two hits with armor which breaks the armor of the command grab on oki and the other air shield completely avoids it so your oki game is hindered. You try to charge in she will meter burn back 3 on you for big damage. I think she is a bad MU for bane.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I don't see this happening. Her projectile is a mid reaches far and I don't think you can come in close on her and d1 to start your pressure since her shield, shield dash, and lasso will outreach you. Her wake up shield bash has two hits with armor which breaks the armor of the command grab on oki and the other air shield completely avoids it so your oki game is hindered. You try to charge in she will meter burn back 3 on you for big damage. I think she is a bad MU for bane.
Yeah, getting into range to do anything useful was hard, and even then she can just MBB3 or use her longer range to keep Bane in place. Dealing with her wakeup was tough as well.

I had success anticipating the wake up shield bash and jumping backwards with d3 out and getting a combo off that, but that's not a situation good players will let themselves get into often.

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Anyone with Bane vs Fate knowledge lol? It's a horrid match but just thought to ask
Lab all your options with meter burn roll, and very inportant to learn to use your command grab between f2-db2 every time, so you can come in and wait for it. Fate is pretty screwed on his wakeup against Bane;)

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Iv been curious but hadn't been playing bane much. How reactable is f2d mb roll cancel and if properly spaced near the corner is doing it and throwing them back into the corner viable? Is 112d dash cancellable on whiff?

How does bane do against green arrow? I'm looking to pick up a secondary for a couple trouble matchups haha
I've played a few long sets of Bane vs Green Arrow in the past couple days. It feels very hard for Bane. Green Arrow doesn't have to respect your armor after you knock him down because Hurricane Bow is multi hitting, and it doesn't seem like Bane is one of the characters who can full combo punish MB Hurricane Bow, or at least I could never get it when I tried. Maybe you can db2 inbetween, but that doesn't feel like a big enough punish to discourage him from doing it. He can also wake up with Stinger which if he meter burns it wins if you do a meaty command grab on his wakeup. And then of course his zoning is annoying for Bane, it's tough to get in. A lot of his projectiles recover fast enough that you can't do bf1 even on a read to beat them.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
I've played a few long sets of Bane vs Green Arrow in the past couple days. It feels very hard for Bane. Green Arrow doesn't have to respect your armor after you knock him down because Hurricane Bow is multi hitting, and it doesn't seem like Bane is one of the characters who can full combo punish MB Hurricane Bow, or at least I could never get it when I tried. Maybe you can db2 inbetween, but that doesn't feel like a big enough punish to discourage him from doing it. He can also wake up with Stinger which if he meter burns it wins if you do a meaty command grab on his wakeup. And then of course his zoning is annoying for Bane, it's tough to get in. A lot of his projectiles recover fast enough that you can't do bf1 even on a read to beat them.
Yeaaaa the more I think about it the more it looks bad on paper haha. Oh well, I picked up bane anyway due to my vivid distaste of catwoman. Thanks for the input

Yeaaaa the more I think about it the more it looks bad on paper haha. Oh well, I picked up bane anyway due to my vivid distaste of catwoman. Thanks for the input
If you're looking for a counterpick for Green Arrow specifically, I did a lot better against the same player using my Darkseid, so maybe give that a shot.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
If you're looking for a counterpick for Green Arrow specifically, I did a lot better against the same player using my Darkseid, so maybe give that a shot.
I'll just stick to superman and muscle through it. Last question, what do you boys whiff punish with? I've been trying b2 but it's a lil unreliable. Do you guys just do stand 1?

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
I'll just stick to superman and muscle through it. Last question, what do you boys whiff punish with? I've been trying b2 but it's a lil unreliable. Do you guys just do stand 1?
For whiff punishing I pretty much just use D1 into DB2 if it's far. Stand 1 range is pretty stubby.

and it doesn't seem like Bane is one of the characters who can full combo punish MB Hurricane Bow, or at least I could never get it when I tried.
Yo I'm wrong, you can totally d2 in between the gap. Stinger also has a gap before the MB part comes out so you can interrupt that one with a special move if you have some venom going, so both Green Arrow's wakeups are punishable on block by Bane. You just have to commit to baiting them by blocking because they will beat your armor grab.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
Yo I'm wrong, you can totally d2 in between the gap. Stinger also has a gap before the MB part comes out so you can interrupt that one with a special move if you have some venom going, so both Green Arrow's wakeups are punishable on block by Bane. You just have to commit to baiting them by blocking because they will beat your armor grab.
If you time B1 or B2 right on their wakeup you can stuff both stinger and hurricane bow

4x4lo8o

Noob
Anyone got any Black Adam match up advice? I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with him back dashing and jumping backwards

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
Anyone got any Black Adam match up advice? I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with him back dashing and jumping backwards
It's a MU you have to player super patient in. If he's constantly backdashing and jumping back sooner or later he's gonna end up in the corner where you want him to be. D1 in neutral is really good outside of his F2 range and you low profile his F1. He tries to do d1 into lightning hands and you blow that shit up with armored bane bomb. When you're full screen don't try to attempt armored charge because you risk eating a MB B3 or MB lightning. Just stay patient and inch your way forward. Watch out for divekicks, and if you block a normal one, punish with B112 bane bomb, or if you have 2 bars, bounce cancel for major damage. Once you get the knockdown on Adam, you're free to do whatever you want to him.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
here's some bane tech showing how the fact that activating trait takes priority and cancels other inputs allows for useful option selects, block confirms, and whiff cancels:

I knew this happened but didnt know you could OS it. I just thought it was a bug lol.