What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
This is very informative. Can you provide more examples/matchups?
Not really. Im not a bane main. Hes my pocket character for Scarecrow. I have him for a select few matchups. So I dont have a tonne of MU xp for him, sorry.

There should be a bane matchup thread where people can answer that better than I can.

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
Not really. Im not a bane main. Hes my pocket character for Scarecrow. I have him for a select few matchups. So I dont have a tonne of MU xp for him, sorry.

There should be a bane matchup thread where people can answer that better than I can.
I just looked and there kinda isn't one :/

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Hmm, thats weird. Every other character forum has one.

@Wetdoba can explain matchups better than I can. Or they can tag people who know.
I just pointed out extreme cases from my own experience.

So you press b11 mb B3 xx venom and it does bounce on hit and nothing on block? I have spent so much time doing this and it does not ever work. I've tried every timing imaginable and every single time Venom cancels the last attack that has not yet started.
Yes It took me some time but U
I ve mastered the timing

El_Rubio

Noob
Hey! Im trying to do 11D2 CG but it is so f* difficult! How long should u press the D before going for the grab? It comes out randomly offline and never online.

Thanks!

Hey! Im trying to do 11D2 CG but it is so f* difficult! How long should u press the D before going for the grab? It comes out randomly offline and never online.

Thanks!
wait until you can see his arm being raised then do the cmd grab the timing is different IF you re doing raw f2d into the cmd grab though

El_Rubio

Noob
wait until you can see his arm being raised then do the cmd grab the timing is different IF you re doing raw f2d into the cmd grab though
which is the correct time if i do raw f2d xxCG?

And should I wait pressing D? Or should i start the CG again?

Which one is easier to learn? I don´t have problems to do any other TT, but this one is killing me! :(

which is the correct time if i do raw f2d xxCG?

And should I wait pressing D? Or should i start the CG again?

Which one is easier to learn? I don´t have problems to do any other TT, but this one is killing me! :(
For the raw one you do the cmd grab earlier I pretty much do f2D cmd grab.
For 11F2D you have to press the D until you see his elbow rise keep doing it until you memorize the timing without needing a visual clue and you'll be good.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
I had very bad result with command grab before patch and i mean execution problem. Like doing a normal cancel to command grab. Did the patch do something about that, or it's just me sucking at exe?

PS i can't test myself right now, im away from home.

I had very bad result with command grab before patch and i mean execution problem. Like doing a normal cancel to command grab. Did the patch do something about that, or it's just me sucking at exe?

PS i can't test myself right now, im away from home.
like I said some moves require a different timing(f2D)

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I think the biggest thing to help bane when trying to close in on an opponent would be a reduced dash recovery. Too often do you do your damnedest to get in, but get poked or punished because the dash animation hasn't recovered.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
As combo ender it give us a nice hkd after you can double dash nj and 50/50 with 1 and 2 if i not mistaken.
Just do body splash, early splash cross up, late should not. However its not a true hkd, just a splat knockdown thats super long that they can still tech roll at the end

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Just do body splash, early splash cross up, late should not. However its not a true hkd, just a splat knockdown thats super long that they can still tech roll at the end
phhh tech roll damn, even if it would not, we sacrifice good damage for get that thing, with tech roll it makes no sence at all, too bad(

Wetdoba

All too easy...
phhh tech roll damn, even if it would not, we sacrifice good damage for get that thing, with tech roll it makes no sence at all, too bad(
Its still good in the corner because if you do the non cross up option then they tech roll into the corner and you still land on them. Same thing goes for double f3 combos for unclashable damage, its the same splat knock down

Last edited:

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
hello friends,gonna start learning bane this week. whats the general consensus on his current state in the game?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
How do yall deal with the GA and Fate matchup without dropping the character like I did? Feels like when fate puts orb out for free and Bane has to sit there and take chip. GA just runs tf away and I can't catch him.