What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Ah this is a good idea! Maybe useful in 113 confirms?
The added layer of safety of confirms is good but I was thinking more for situations that you cannot normally confirm now get confirmed for you.

B2 is definitely the most affected by this. B2 xx mb b3 for instance because it is fully unclashable and now you dont have to just do it anymore and can save the meter if they block. Same goes for F2D xx mb b3

Basically just any scenario where its a single non-confirmable normal into a special is now has no risk involved. D1xx elbow or d1 xx venom upper in footsies for instance you now wont have to worry about unsafe special coming out on block. This is game changing honestly

The added layer of safety of confirms is good but I was thinking more for situations that you cannot normally confirm now get confirmed for you.

B2 is definitely the most affected by this. B2 xx mb b3 for instance because it is fully unclashable and now you dont have to just do it anymore and can save the meter if they block. Same goes for F2D xx mb b3

Basically just any scenario where its a single non-confirmable normal into a special is now has no risk involved. D1xx elbow or d1 xx venom upper in footsies for instance you now wont have to worry about unsafe special coming out on block. This is game changing honestly
hm yeah safe on block, unclashable on hit for iirc something like 350-550 damage depending on meter/venom is strong haha. and yes i agree it's game changing! of course it makes bane in important ways, but it also changes trait management. spending venom is now not just about where you want to do extra damage or have extra armor etc, it's also about where and when you want to stay safe. i like this because it's an extra aspect to trait as a resource, so it's both strong and also strategic.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
And this OS is great for B112 command grab. If they block the whole string you're only -2 but if they get hit by the last part expecting a tick throw then the command grab comes out and now you start your pressure already juiced up. Great find, David!

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
How does his d1 tick throw work with the new input system? Does it still work as d1bf3? Or is the timing so strict that now we have to input it as d1 dbf3? Also what is a good way to practice this @Wetdoba

Wetdoba

All too easy...
How does his d1 tick throw work with the new input system? Does it still work as d1bf3? Or is the timing so strict that now we have to input it as d1 dbf3? Also what is a good way to practice this @Wetdoba
Well i play on stick and the patch hasnt changed how I input it. When I do the D1 it is with diagonally down-forward 1, then roll from D to B then whip across to F3

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Bane is super underrated.
He's in my top ten for sure.
That Oki game is nasty. The name biohazard has been in my search bars lately.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Bane is super underrated.
He's in my top ten for sure.
That Oki game is nasty. The name biohazard has been in my search bars lately.
I think hes middle of mid tier. Purely because his matchups are so wonky. Some characters he obliterates, like Aquaman. But characters like green arrow and superman rip us a new one. For me the matchup depends on how many guesses I have to make on oki. With characters like superman where both his wakeups are grab immune it makes my oki really risky cuz I have to resort to meaty elbows and stuff like that. Also his neutral is basically just armour. And he probably gets affected the worst by trait being reset during transitions, clashes and supers.

Hmm, this feels a little rambly. Apologies if it reads that way. This started as a reply and basically ended up as me just talking to myself.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I think hes middle of mid tier. Purely because his matchups are so wonky. Some characters he obliterates, like Aquaman. But characters like green arrow and superman rip us a new one. For me the matchup depends on how many guesses I have to make on oki. With characters like superman where both his wakeups are grab immune it makes my oki really risky cuz I have to resort to meaty elbows and stuff like that. Also his neutral is basically just armour. And he probably gets affected the worst by trait being reset during transitions, clashes and supers.

Hmm, this feels a little rambly. Apologies if it reads that way. This started as a reply and basically ended up as me just talking to myself.
Lol. O worries. I enjoy reading people's responses/thoughts. Supermans trait is a direct counter lol. I've never thought of that until now actually. I get killed by Banes oki and ticks/mixups.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
I don't think bane is remotely close to top tier tbh. Too many characters have airborne wakeups that cover two offensive options by floating the command grab and ignoring it's armor and negating a meaty b2 or b1. Not only that, but his whiff punishing just sucks. B2 and b1 are just far too unreliable and 1 gets low profiled by everything. Bane definitely just rails a few characters, but he is not top tier. He's probably middle of the cast or like #13

El_Rubio

Noob
Hi!! Talking about Supe... what do u do against Supes wake up?

Then... what are your best options for whiff punishing?

Finally... which are his Plus frames? 113? And then how do u continue your offensive?

Thanks for your time!

@Wetdoba (i tag u cause i love u) hahaha.

So does the Venom really OS? It seems to me it just cancel the last input no matter what.

I did b112 dbf3 for hours and never once did a grab to come out on hit when I hit venom before startup. It's definitely amazing for the mb b3 cancels on block though.

Hi team! I'm a I2 noob and loving the game so far with Bane as my main pick. Can anyone give me some tips on how to use the trait/venom OS to preserve meter when you go for the MB b+3? What's the exact command string and what does it look like? It sounds like you get a free armoured b+3 without spending any meter provided that the opponent blocks and you have venom to activate? I've tried it in practice mode and I'm not sure I'm doing it properly...

Thanks guys! :)

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Hi!! Talking about Supe... what do u do against Supes wake up?

Then... what are your best options for whiff punishing?

Finally... which are his Plus frames? 113? And then how do u continue your offensive?

Thanks for your time!

@Wetdoba (i tag u cause i love u) hahaha.
Slight delayed D2 beats his rising grab and flying punch. If you have a read with D2 and punish rising grab, he's high enough in the air to get a raw F3 combo. If you're worried about MB B3, you can cancel into command grab, which will also cover blocking. Also, if they delay wakeup, you'll still have time to do something.

So Supes best option is to backdash because it avoids all of that and being far away from Bane isn't really a bad situation for him. If you have a read on that, you can dash forward and punish with a 113 combo.

His plus stuff is 113, 112D2, F2D2, B21 and F3. There's also F1 but it's not exactly useful in the neutral (which is ironic because it's his most plus move lol). After F3, you have enough advantage to check ppl with D1. For the others, the frame advantage doesn't allow you to get another move out, but it does give you enough to catch backdashes with command grab.

So does the Venom really OS? It seems to me it just cancel the last input no matter what.

I did b112 dbf3 for hours and never once did a grab to come out on hit when I hit venom before startup. It's definitely amazing for the mb b3 cancels on block though.
yes it does OS did it with Bounce cancel and the elbow off b11

El_Rubio

Noob
What is OS? I can´t make the venom to hit confirm, it automatically cancels every move I do, does not matter if on hit or on block.

yes it does OS did it with Bounce cancel and the elbow off b11
So you press b11 mb B3 xx venom and it does bounce on hit and nothing on block? I have spent so much time doing this and it does not ever work. I've tried every timing imaginable and every single time Venom cancels the last attack that has not yet started.

What is OS? I can´t make the venom to hit confirm, it automatically cancels every move I do, does not matter if on hit or on block.
I get the same as you. OS means that if you input the same commands, something different happens on block or hit or whatever. This doesn't work like that. To me, this is a way we can confirm and cancel. If we input a 113 xx bounce then we can cancel the bounce on block.

Unless the timing is so precise that I haven't done it a single time in hours. If that's the case, not even bothering with it. Too tight to rely on it. I will use it to cancel inputs though.

Last edited:

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz

This is very informative. Can you provide more examples/matchups?