What's new

Enchantress, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Atom Revealed for Injustice 2, Fighter Pack 3

KCJ506

Noob
I've haven't seen so much salt since the Freddy dlc from mk9. Good shit NRS.
I honestly don't recall that much salt when Freddy was revealed in MK9. For one thing, it was before the guest character craze in NRS games started and MK9 was a retelling of the first three games and every character from that timeline was already in.

I think there was far more salt with Leatherface being in MKX.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Absurd. I liked the ninja turtles when i was younger. I even have an old VHS with their film. I still don't want them here. And having childhood defined by cartoons is the real sad thing.
I didn’t say TMNT defined my childhood, also I never mentioned the TMNT cartoon. The SNES TMNT Turtles in Time and the live action movies were what I was referencing, the GOAT’s

Doesn’t matter if you want them here or not, they are coming. Either deal with it or quit, the choice is yours.

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
How's it really any weirder than the likes of Harley Quinn being able to beat up Superman?
Because Harley took the 5U-P3-R pills in Injustice 1, but we all know that teenaged mutated turtles have allergies and can't take that medication

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
I didn’t say TMNT defined my childhood, also I never mentioned the TMNT cartoon. The SNES TMNT Turtles in Time and the live action movies were what I was referencing, the GOAT’s
Don't forget the stupidly hard NES game (which I never beat). Or the arcade beat em up. Or, ya know, the comics....

Doesn’t matter if you want them here or not, they are coming. Either deal with it or quit, the choice is yours.
Can't quit. Still didn't buy the game. Of course I can deal with it, I'm just expressing my thoughts. I don't like it, that's about it. There's no way people know what you think if you don't express it.
About the childhood thing, I'm just tired of people judging the lifes of others using their own perspectives, which I think it's kind of what I did, so sorry about that.
What I meant is that I find unfair to judge other people lifes just because they are not happy with a char in a videogame. I always thought that selling through nostalgia was a cheap tactic anyway.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If you hate on this TMNT reveal, you are NOT an 80 or early 90's kid. That is all. Raph here I come, always been my favorite. Their origins are quite dark actually for those here who've read the comics before the 80's cartoons, early 2000's and movies. Can't wait. Also, props to NRS for going with the classic movie designs.

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
*Calls Suicide Hotline*

"StarGazer...Please....Spawn should be in a MK title. He's a comic book character but he's brutal as fuck. Besides TMNT have a crossover with DC already...so they deserve it more than Spawn."

*Inhales*

"Bitch Spawn solo'ed the Justice League and deserves to be in BOTH MK and INJ. Ya know what, your not really helping. Back to Doritos and Hallmark Movies...."

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Honest would have took a Power Ranger over TMNT, love em, grew up with them, still not feelings it to much. While try them tho

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I mean I'm already personally passed the disappointment of the DLC pack 3 so it's whatever. Curious to see how NRS executes mechanically on these characters since there's some crazy unique design happening (IE Atom shrinking, Tag-team Turtles)

There's a part of me that sees the Injustice series as opportunity for NRS as a developer to iterate and improve so when the next MK drops, it's even better. So while I probably won't be picking up the pack or playing the game much over the next year, I'm looking forward to how things evolve.

Also... I'm old as fuck and remember spending hours in arcades playing Turtles in Time, watching the cartoon series on Saturday mornings / after school , and playing with the action figures. Doesn't mean that I have to feel the same way about the series now as I did then. Tastes change. People change. On my list of "nostalgic shit I'd like to see in a fighting game" the turtles aren't even in my top 5.

I'm happy there's people excited though and I'm at least indirectly interested from a design perspective with an eye towards the upcoming hype train of the next Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Maybe NRS is using the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to gauge interest in a TMNT fighting game like the one on SNES?

That would be nuts. But I doubt it would ever happen. lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
TMNT is fucking awesome and I kinda feel sorry for you guys(and your childhood lol) that aren’t excited about this, that must be a tough pill to swallow for you guys, but oh well.

TMNT shoulda been the only guest. Hellboy can fuck a duck, Sub(even tho I love him) and Raiden can stay in MK. Nighwitng, Deathstroke, Mera, Sinestro, Hawkgirl, MMH, Doomsday, etc woulda been infinitely better.

Come on guys, you Spawn fans should be thrilled he’s being saved for MK11. Based on how much more graphic MKX was than 9, you know MK 11s gonna be FUCKED up. The games gonna be gorgeous have the right atmosphere and pace for Spawn. He will fit so much better there.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Come on guys, you Spawn fans should be thrilled he’s being saved for MK11. Based on how much more graphic MKX was than 9, you know MK 11s gonna be FUCKED up. The games gonna be gorgeous have the right atmosphere and pace for Spawn. He will fit so much better there.
I truly do not think Spawn is ever coming lol. We are gonna have to put some of these guys on suicide watch if MK11 rolls through without him.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I guess you don't get the difference between the deadpool style dark - as when someone's burned face is shown and is joked about, and THE DARK - as when someone makes the other guy to freaking kill his freaking wife and their unborn child) and that just happens to detonate a nuke which destroys this other guy's home city and friends. And that other guy also happens to be the symbol of hope for everyone on DC's earth and the main Superhero archetype, but is turned by this whole ordeal into a murderer, dictator and the biggest villain for DC's earth. Which proves this someone's little theory that all it takes for someone to go mad is One. Bad. Day.
I mean basicly Joker won in the Injustice Universe, how darker can it get?
Poison ivy makes a joke about Cyborgs dick, every three seconds batman says "PROVE IT TO ME", the joker tells Canary his butthole could use a polish, starfire out here asking everybody if they want pizza, I'm pretty sure this game isn't the Great Depression level of dark. The turtles fit in fine.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can't quit. Still didn't buy the game. Of course I can deal with it, I'm just expressing my thoughts. I don't like it, that's about it. There's no way people know what you think if you don't express it.
About the childhood thing, I'm just tired of people judging the lifes of others using their own perspectives, which I think it's kind of what I did, so sorry about that.
What I meant is that I find unfair to judge other people lifes just because they are not happy with a char in a videogame. I always thought that selling through nostalgia was a cheap tactic anyway.
Didn't buy the game and is complaining, what kind of logic is that?