What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I have heard people are having probs but game runs good so far maybe a 1 frame drop every now and then but no micro stutters like a lot of people are complaining about.
You playing on a potato friend?
nvm, i shouldn't have took steam reviews seriously only after 6 hours of release. those salty snowflakes made me think the game is unplayable but it's running fine without issues even with my old crusty gtx 960. Fixed the random crashes by disabling steam overlay same as in DS3.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
nvm, i shouldn't have took steam reviews seriously only after 6 hours of release. those salty snowflakes made me think the game is unplayable but it's running fine without issues even with my old crusty gtx 960. Fixed the random crashes by disabling steam overlay same as in DS3.
Saltiness detected.:coffee:

My friend had bad stutter and he said lowering the graphics to medium helped.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Beat the Mad Phantom Alberich at only level 14 with an un-upgraded dagger and shield!

He drops the “Taunter’s Tongue”, which is the item that allows you to be invaded solo. I had NO idea he dropped that, I just figured he dropped something good, maybe his weapon, since he was insanely difficult for the level I was at. Took me like 20-30 tries AT LEAST! My strat boiled down to backstabbing him when he spawns, then going for parries when I could. It sucks because he can heal once, so you basically have to beat him twice just about. And he was essentially two shotting me, so yeah, very difficult fight especially early on. But me being super stubborn, I kept trying and trying until I finally won. Insanely gratifying!

AoW?

I didn't find a whip yet, all I want is a second Katana :(
Ashes of War, the equippable weapon arts.
I put Quick Step on my whip and it feels incredible to have and additional, and better, dodge move that uses a different resource than stamina.

This game....

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Beat the Mad Phantom Alberich at only level 14 with an un-upgraded dagger and shield!

He drops the “Taunter’s Tongue”, which is the item that allows you to be invaded solo. I had NO idea he dropped that, I just figured he dropped something good, maybe his weapon, since he was insanely difficult for the level I was at. Took me like 20-30 tries AT LEAST! My strat boiled down to backstabbing him when he spawns, then going for parries when I could. It sucks because he can heal once, so you basically have to beat him twice just about. And he was essentially two shotting me, so yeah, very difficult fight especially early on. But me being super stubborn, I kept trying and trying until I finally won. Insanely gratifying!
I just beat her earlier today, I was hoping for more runes :( but oh well, fun fight!

Ashes of War, the equippable weapon arts.
I put Quick Step on my whip and it feels incredible to have and additional, and better, dodge move that uses a different resource than stamina.

This game....
Oh right I'm dumb lmao! I tried a couple but I like the Katana stance more than any of them so I don't think I'll play around with them a lot. I just wish you could still change your weapon's affinity without using an AoW.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Oh right I'm dumb lmao! I tried a couple but I like the Katana stance more than any of them so I don't think I'll play around with them a lot. I just wish you could still change your weapon's affinity without using an AoW.
You get this as a actual AoW near dragon burnt ruin if you had not found already.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Early-ish rune farming spot I found.

It has to do with the beast dude. At some point, you’ll come across an NPC near a lake that has a boss in it. The boss is on a boat. Called something like the Mariner or something, can’t remember. Anyway, you don’t necessarily need to talk to this NPC, but after killing the Mariner, you get a “death root” I believe it’s called. So when you go back to the roundtable, he will be there, and we tell you about the beast NPC and mark it on the map. Going there on the map warps you to the beast dude. Anyway, in this area, if you go down and around, there’s a bunch of these tiny, human like enemies. They pack a punch, but you can sneak up on most of them. And they drop a little over 1,000+ runes, and 1,400+ if you use the gold hand item that boosts rune gains for a short time. Anyway, there’s at least 15 or so of those little fuckers, and then you can fast travel back to the top and repeat.

There’s undoubtedly better farms, but this is is the best one I have found relatively early.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I was quite humbled by Stormveil Castle. I’ll be taking my happy ass elsewhere until I’m sufficiently leveled. The enemies in there are ridiculous lol

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I was quite humbled by Stormveil Castle. I’ll be taking my happy ass elsewhere until I’m sufficiently leveled. The enemies in there are ridiculous lol
It's also super jampacked with areas and only has like 2 sites of grace.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Got 80k runes from killing ONE enemy…

Has anyone gotten to the HUGE white Dragon that just pretty much lays there yet? I think there’s a dragon or 2 “guarding” him, but If you are able to approach him from behind, you can kill him without having to worry about anything. And after you kill him the other dragons disappear. He has like, half a million HP or something crazy, so the best way to kill him is to use bleed. Still will take forever. Idk if you’re even supposed to kill him, but I did. Gave me like 80k runes, and 5 Dragon Hearts, and maybe something else idk.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
40 hours in and I am just learning about guard counter....I thought it was just another term for parry counter attack.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Got 80k runes from killing ONE enemy…

Has anyone gotten to the HUGE white Dragon that just pretty much lays there yet? I think there’s a dragon or 2 “guarding” him, but If you are able to approach him from behind, you can kill him without having to worry about anything. And after you kill him the other dragons disappear. He has like, half a million HP or something crazy, so the best way to kill him is to use bleed. Still will take forever. Idk if you’re even supposed to kill him, but I did. Gave me like 80k runes, and 5 Dragon Hearts, and maybe something else idk.
I found that but I was too afraid to test it lmao I'm level 66. What level were you at?

40 hours in and I am just learning about guard counter....I thought it was just another term for parry counter attack.
YO I figured that out yesterday dude it's so OP with a Katana. Also thanks! I found the ash of war and now my Katana only scales with Dex, thank the LORD.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I found that but I was too afraid to test it lmao I'm level 66. What level were you at?

YO I figured that out yesterday dude it's so OP with a Katana. Also thanks! I found the ash of war and now my Katana only scales with Dex, thank the LORD.
yeah, that's what I thought when I learned that shit it feels mad op. Seems like it would have made a lot of shit trivial earlier on. I don't use shield much though just dodges and dual kitana's.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It would have saved me a lot of deaths for sure lmao.

Oh yeah, share y'alls characters! Would be cool to see everyone.

This is my samurai.
My dude still looks like a bum. I'm wearing all the gear from that first camp from farming the shit out of it.

However, I learned last night that you can actually kill the Ashes of War vendor that chills in that little shack. I forget his name but he's before Stormville Castle.

If you decide to kill him, make it quick. He freaks out after you hit him once. Once you kill him you can take his entire armor set and weapons, though. Everything is currently too heavy for me to wear, though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Uhh, I think around 45-50 or so.

Also, found an OP talisman…

I found a talisman that is essentially the “Prisoners Chain” ring from DS3. It gives you, iirc, +5 in STR, DEX, HP, & Stamina (and maybe FP too can’t remember) but you take more damage. Which, the taking more dmg part isn’t that bad of a negative considering it’s essentially a talisman that gives you +20 or so levels. I can’t remember what it’s called, I’ll update this with the name once I get home and start playing.

Uhh, I think around 45-50 or so.

Also, found an OP talisman…

I found a talisman that is essentially the “Prisoners Chain” ring from DS3. It gives you, iirc, +5 in STR, DEX, HP, & Stamina (and maybe FP too can’t remember) but you take more damage. Which, the taking more dmg part isn’t that bad of a negative considering it’s essentially a talisman that gives you +20 or so levels. I can’t remember what it’s called, I’ll update this with the name once I get home and start playing.
Interestingly,
I've actually found two versions of that same talisman, one of which is the stronger version and gives more stats (+5 to phys stats instead of +3) Can only wear one of them at a time, too.

Radagon's Scarseal and Soreseal.
I'm guessing there's probably one that boosts non physical stats instead too.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Low 40's trying to take on
Misbegotten warrior and crucible knight at the same time in the redmane castle.

Def the hardest thing I have tried in the game yet.

Last edited: