What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

So according to Yasuhiro Kitao of FromSoftware, the vulnerability in Elden Ring has been dealt with and the game will be safe to play online when the game launches for all platforms.

Dark Souls series will need to take longer to deal with since they were focusing on Elden Ring so it will have to wait until after it releases, but they will fix it too. Until then the PC versions will remain offline, but ER will be good to go.

Also, we're now entering Spoiler Season so if you're trying to keep that stuff to a minimum, now is the time start taking precautions.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So according to Yasuhiro Kitao of FromSoftware, the vulnerability in Elden Ring has been dealt with and the game will be safe to play online when the game launches for all platforms.

Dark Souls series will need to take longer to deal with since they were focusing on Elden Ring so it will have to wait until after it releases, but they will fix it too. Until then the PC versions will remain offline, but ER will be good to go.

Also, we're now entering Spoiler Season so if you're trying to keep that stuff to a minimum, now is the time start taking precautions.
Any spoilers posted in here must use the spoiler tag. If anyone posts spoilers without them, they will receive an infraction and their post(s) will be deleted.

Everyone should be able to discuss the game in here without having to worry about getting spoiled!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Yup. Everyone be wary as many streamers and youtubers have already gotten the game early so they can release content upon / early after release (seen people posting pictures of physical console copies). I preemptively unsubscribed from some channels until release just in case.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Elden Ring twitter showed two more starting classes. Seems like there’s going to be a lot of great options for classes to start off with. I’m so fkn hyped for this game. I don’t remember if I’ve EVER been this hype before. But yeah, definitely avoiding all spoilers. Actually glad I didn’t get into the closed beta. The less I know, the better and the more enjoyable the experience will be.

I only let myself learn about some of the mechanical improvements and such, which included some CNT footage and listening to Vaati's final build video, whom handled spoilery info extremely well. (homie goes out of his way not to explain too much even though he clearly wants to)

I feel like I still barely know anything but the stuff I do know is super exciting. We eating good soon.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Elden Ring twitter showed two more starting classes. Seems like there’s going to be a lot of great options for classes to start off with. I’m so fkn hyped for this game. I don’t remember if I’ve EVER been this hype before. But yeah, definitely avoiding all spoilers. Actually glad I didn’t get into the closed beta. The less I know, the better and the more enjoyable the experience will be.

Last year I started to ESO (my fiest MMO) and I was hyped about it, but the way the contact is build got me dropped the game. Thought I wont be playing anything else back then. When so Elden Ring, I was truly amazed, how this type of game can look, and how deep the mechanics can be.

Bought the pre-order. Though, I wonder how my couple years old work notebook will handle this challenge. MK11 is running on mid-high settings, pretty consistent, though here the action may be more advanced.

Are you going to play on PS, or PC?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Last year I started to ESO (my fiest MMO) and I was hyped about it, but the way the contact is build got me dropped the game. Thought I wont be playing anything else back then. When so Elden Ring, I was truly amazed, how this type of game can look, and how deep the mechanics can be.

Bought the pre-order. Though, I wonder how my couple years old work notebook will handle this challenge. MK11 is running on mid-high settings, pretty consistent, though here the action may be more advanced.

Are you going to play on PS, or PC?
PS5

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Of these starting classes, I most likely am going to choose between Vagabond, Hero, or Samurai.

I tend to go pure strength on my first “Souls” build/playthrough. But, I might go more of either a quality route (equal split of STR & DEX), or, more strength than dex, but not pure strength. This will obviously be beneficial in allowing me more options of weapon variety. And considering I didn’t play the network test, and I haven’t really seen any of the weapons other than a few from the network test where I watched certain content creators invade with, I have no “goal” on what weapon I’m going for. In just about every soulsborne game, you build your character heavily around your weapon(s), and/or your “archetype”. But, first playthroughs I typically don’t worry about all of that and certainly don’t worry about min-maxing.

I’m just really fkn pumped for this game so I can’t stop thinking about stuff like this that may not even be that big of a deal, lol.
ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I will 100% be going Prisoner to start. The spell casting in this game, especially with Dex increasing cast speed, looks phenomenal; but I also want to participate in melee combat. Also, pot helmet.
I’ll definitely eventually make a sorcery build, I always do. I typically make a build of just about every type, except I don’t usually mess with Faith/Miracle stuff. I wonder what the level cap will be for PvP this time. It tends to be around 120 so that’s probably what I’ll cap my level at until the community comes to a consensus.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'd probably play as Prophet or Confessor. Those are close to Paladin/Cleric, right?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I'd probably play as Prophet or Confessor. Those are close to Paladin/Cleric, right?
Prophet looks to be pure Cleric mode: minimal combat prowess to start, all focus on faith for offensive and utility spellcasting. Confessor looks kinda Paladin as the jack of all trades semi-combat, semi-faith.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The more I think about it, the more Samurai makes the most sense for me as my 1st starting class. Has balanced stats as far as what I want to do for my first playthrough, starts with a Katana AND a Long bow, and of course starts out with cool armor (fashion… ring?). Literally the only reason I don’t wanna pick it is because I feel like it’ll be one of the more popular starting classes, which is a really dumb reason. But I’m sometimes weird like that where I don’t like doing/picking what’s the most popular. Then again, I main Scorpion and generally I main characters that end up being top tier in fighting games anyway, so not like it really matters at the end of the day.

Going Confessor. Love me some lightning and pyromancies.
I want to try flails. I always try the whips out in every game, and if this game can somehow top Bloodborne's Threaded Cane I'll die happy.

Ultimate dream is if there's a metal chain whip/flail hybrid with a morning star on the end like the Castlevania weapon.

Samurai is always tempting.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Samurai 100%. Dex/luck/hollow build was my fave run of DS3, so I'll defo go Samurai first.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Super long post incoming…!

Next week, going internet dark really as soon as I feel it’s necessary. I’ve already taken Friday off of work, so no worries there. My plan is to stay up all night Wednesday night going into Thursday. And then, passing out after work and a shower. Then waking up anywhere from 12am+. I am going to be playing Elden Ring 24/7 for 3 days straight until work the following Monday.

My main goal is that I want to really immerse myself into the entire world. The atmosphere, the storyline, my own character (maybe even make up my own lore for my character like a true tryhard nerd) and I especially want to explore every single nook & cranny that exists in Elden Ring. All that may sound cringe, but I honestly couldn’t give less of a fuck what anyone thinks. I’ve been waiting for the game for what feels like an eternity. So you bet your ass I’m going to do whatever I can to maximize my own experience, especially on the most crucial playthrough, aka the first one.

Now, this doesn’t mean that I’m not going to miss a lot of things on my first playthrough. This is just about inevitable. Since I’m going in completely blind (didn’t even play the network test or watch anyone play it outside of some PvP stuff), and won’t even be on the internet let alone social media or Google. I will have no way in knowing if I’m missing hidden walls of doors, if I’m missing hidden items that are in secret locations, if I’m not properly doing an NPC questline, if I’m doing a covenant correctly or not (if they’re even in the game, I know so little that I don’t even know that).

But of course, not knowing 99.9% of all of these things is exactly what makes the first playthrough not only obviously super fun, but an experience that simply can’t be recreated. Which is why I’m taking my sweet ass time and will be in absolutely no rush whatsoever.

All the PvP stuff, like making specific PvP builds, min/maxing, finding out the consensus level cap, testing which weapon combos are viable or not, if magic/spell and/or pyro or miracles are useful in PvP, etc etc, won’t really be a main priority on the first playthrough. I mean I of course will take note of certain weapons or strats that seem like they’ll be good in PvP, but it’ll essentially just be mental notes and not the main focus.

I feel super fortunate, actually, that I didn’t get into the closed network test. I’m glad how little I know about the game. Like I’ve said what feels like 10 times now, the less I know about a game, especially an action RPG game likes Soulsborne games, the more enjoyable that first, fresh, naive and innocent (to an extent), absolutely PURE first playthrough is something I will probably always look forward to. And not only is Elden Ring no exception, that feeling and ideology seems to be amplified that an insane level with Elden Ring.

As I have also mentioned many times, I don’t think I’ve ever been this hyped or excited about a video game release possibly ever. The closest I can think of would have to be Halo 3.

Me & my friends were MASSIVE Halo 2 fans (or nerds depending on your perspective). We were all very good, essentially we were an unofficial pro team that just “pub stomped”. We got up to the moon rankings before the rankings were reset due to all the cheaters. For those that know how hard it was to get to that point legitimately, that should give you an indication of our skill level but also our dedication. Mind you, this was back when we were all teenagers. So we had FAR MORE time on our hands than we do now. But anyway, we were insanely hyped for Halo 3 (as were so many other people). For the midnight release, all of is got to GameStop super early the day prior, at like 9am. We were, of course, the 1st people there. We brought chairs, a cooler, snacks, music, etc. A few people started to show up at around noon or so, but not too many. But eventually there were a good group we had going and we all were talking about Halo, our experiences, how excited we were for Halo 3, etc etc. By the time it got to be like 9pm (3hrs before release), the line wrapped around the building. I think by the time midnight hit, the GS employee said there was a minimum of 200 people and nowhere near that many copies. Not sure how they do it now, but back then, if you didn’t pre-order the game, you weren’t even allowed to be there at midnight. So I assume a bunch of people just tagged along in hopes that there would be extra or something.

Anyway, rambling about irrelevant shit, lol. My point is that I am even more hyped about Elden Ring than I was Halo 3, which is insane. And I know the fact that this game had been so hyped up that

It probably won’t meet the ultra high expectations people will inevitably have. But it there was anyone or anything you could put your faith into, especially in regards to making quality games, FromSoft+Miyazaki Souls-like games have never EVER been even remotely a disappointment.

Super long story short. My body is far more than ready then it’ll ever be! LET’S FKN GOO!

Spoilers regarding weapon reinforcements:
Unique weapons go up to +10. Normal weapons go up to +25!

Spoilers regarding stat requirements:
Stat requirements are mega high, looks like they're expecting everyone to level up more. Must have some ridic content later on.

Additionally, I think Arcane will be a great stat.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Stat requirements are mega high, looks like they're expecting everyone to level up more. Must have some ridic content later on.

Well then…

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

Arcane is 100% not going to be a dump stat like Luck was in the past. They have an entire starting class based on it and the class' description notes that it relies on sneak crits and parries. I guarantee you Arcane is going to do something to increase the damage multiplier on backstabs and parries. That, and whatever "Affects certain spells" it does.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ayyee, pre-download finally available for PS5. Pre-ordered and and started the download before I headed to work today, so should be done by the time I get home. Got Friday off PAID, so yeah… my body is beyond ready! LETS FKN GOOOO!!!