What's new

Ed Boon confirms that Mortal Kombat 11 is not going to be revealed or announced: no plans to do so

KLK Lukas

Boon's personal eyebrow groomer
Imma Keep It ALL THE WAY LIVE! Listen...

Ed Boon is one of, IF NOT THEE, smartest business man in the FGC before even the damn phrase FGC was created. Not only has he been around since the beginning of fighting games, still around thriving, and ADAPTED to this day's generation of gamers. All other game companies have had their info leaked which ruins the rollout scheduling of their game. So even though Ed Boon is not releasing anything now, I think this is a very good thing and very calculated because he knows the hot titles that will be releasing this year and the beginning of next year.

We as consumers have learned that taking more time to make a better product is waaaaay better than rushing. Patience is a major virtue and Boon is the master of that. Uncle JBeezY still has faith that when Boon decides its the right time to drop the bomb that it will guarantee blow us all away.

Its natural to be sad now, but I promise you, you will be incredibly happy later. Have faith, friends. Have faith in Boon. Righteous :)
Exactly, well said! Better this than to get another broken game that takes 18 months to balance.

KLK Lukas

okay that made me really sad, i didnt expect that at all.. damn man i wonder whats the reason for not atleast announcing anything, so NRS is not working on any game right now? pretty weird
They will be working on something for sure, no one can say what right now but there will be something. I don't believe for a second the a company like NRS would just sit around not doing anything...
Who knows what or when we will find out about it, but something will come!:)

E

Eldriken

I don't know why it fucked the formatting the way it did when I merged the threads. But whatever, it still works and delivers the same message.

Also, @KLK Lukas, read where you're posting threads from now on. You don't post threads in the "Mortal Kombat Series" section. There's even a stickied thread that specifically says NOT to do that. Please follow the directions from now on.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I don't know why it fucked the formatting the way it did when I merged the threads. But whatever, it still works and delivers the same message.

Also, @KLK Lukas, read where you're posting threads from now on. You don't post threads in the "Mortal Kombat Series" section. There's even a stickied thread that specifically says NOT to do that. Please follow the directions from now on.
But....but my ego....

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
They obviously working on MK11 and its in development. They hinted at it last year and in multiple interviews.

Good that the article was edited because "no announcement at this time" is not the same as "no game in development".

Theres is ALWAYS a game in development. WB Games does not pay them for twiddling their thumbs.

Its just that they broke the cycle like Ed Boon said and hopefully it gonna reflect in a new engine and animations etc.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
There's no point in this. I think he trolled us all. Back in other interview he "confirmed" the pattern stuff, and now this? It's strange.. Maybe he's just keeping the announcement for Pro seires finals, so people won't stop playing inj2 cause MK11 is announced

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm glad they announced something. I'll be honest, the constant mk11 stuff was sorta getting ridiculous.

Maybe focus can shift back to Inj2 now, which is an excellent game that has more competitive life left. I do hope they continue to support the game going forward with updates and such.

E

Eldriken

I really do hope they're abandoning Unreal Engine 3 and at the very least moving on to Unreal Engine 4. It's long overdue. They've been using heavily modified versions of UE3 since MK9 and it's definitely time to move on.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
There a timestamp for where Ed speaks?

EDIT: I found it during 02:07:00

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I'm glad they announced something. I'll be honest, the constant mk11 stuff was sorta getting ridiculous.

Maybe focus can shift back to Inj2 now, which is an excellent game that has more competitive life left. I do hope they continue to support the game going forward with updates and such.
I mean, yeah that makes sense, but lets be honest very few ppl are hype about Inj2 anymore. Will updates on that game really make the game exciting? That's why ppl kept the MK11 hype alive to be announced at E3 because people are tired of Inj2.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
To be fair, Injustice 2 is only just over a year old. We might not get even an announcement trailer by this time next year. It’s weird because it feels like Injustice 2 has been out 3 years now for some reason.

E

Eldriken

To be fair, Injustice 2 is only just over a year old. We might not get even an announcement trailer by this time next year. It’s weird because it feels like Injustice 2 has been out 3 years now for some reason.
Agreed. It does seem like it's been out much longer than it really has been.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
And thats what I'm talking about right there. When a game feels like its been out forever but only for a year....thats NOT a good thing lol

KLK Lukas

Whoops, sorry about that:confused: I'm still trying to get my bearings when it comes to posting on TYM, I'll make sure to post correctly in future:)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wow, hearing Ed stating that there is a pattern their games have been following and he's surprised with "how many people know about that pattern".

Sounds like people doing an Audit... gotta break that pattern so it's no longer expected.
Idk why he’s surprised, it’s been pretty obvious and consistent.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Didn’t know the fans had caught on.. Come on Ed.. Hahah.

In all seriousness though, this just builds curiosity for the next move. It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Agilaz

It has begun
Wow, hearing Ed stating that there is a pattern their games have been following and he's surprised with "how many people know about that pattern".

Sounds like people doing an Audit... gotta break that pattern so it's no longer expected.
I find it weird he's mentioned this pattern in the past as a way of saying "Yeah, you know damn well what we're working on now", and now he's explicitly talking about breaking the pattern.

As dramatic as it may sound, no MK11 at the moment is a bit of a heartbreak for me. It sure as hell is not going to push to me play more I2. At least REsident Evil 2 is on the horizon. That game alone made the entire E3 for me.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I think it'd be a good thing if they took longer to make their next game, whatever it might be. Two years is too short of a development cycle for a game of the MK9, INJ, MKX, or INJ2 caliber, as is evident by all the patches that have been necessary to balance the games in question.

We, as a NRS community, have to understand that and be more patient. There are a lot of people on here that act like petulant little children with very short attention span. They always want the next new toy (i.e. NRS game), but once they have it, they play with it but for a few months to a year and then start demanding the next new thing.

I am personally of the opinion that a three year cycle would produce better games and also extend the life of the current ones. There is still a lot of life left in MKX and INJ2. Heck, even MK9 made a strong showing at Combo Breaker.

People also need to relax and understand one more fact, namely that NRS is a game development company. It's their job to make games. That's what they get paid for. Therefore sooner or later they are going to announce something. As a matter of fact, they are most likely working on a game right now. INJ2 came out over a year ago. Supporting it doesn't take the whole development studio, even when they were still supporting it. Chances are, right now, as we speak, NRS is working on some game.

Last edited: