What's new

Ed Boon confirms that Mortal Kombat 11 is not going to be revealed or announced: no plans to do so

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is super disappointing, but when that trailer drops at EVO everyone will lose their shit.

This is obviously just me being overly positive, because I won't know what to do with myself if a new MK game doesn't drop next year. I'm pretty bored with INJ2, unfortunately.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
This is super disappointing, but when that trailer drops at EVO everyone will lose their shit.

This is obviously just me being overly positive, because I won't know what to do with myself if a new MK game doesn't drop next year. I'm pretty bored with INJ2, unfortunately.
There are more games out there, bro. Take this as a chance to expand your horizons.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
damn ! this sucks major ass :( .... but, the positive side/points, must be that now they have more time to bring the game into the Unreal 4 engine, polish it and maybe create more content and so ..... maybe they will tease and reveal MK11 in 2019, and the game will come out in 2020 ..... anyway, E3 showed a lot of new games for next year .... well then, maybe we can play others game, while waiting for the first teaser somewhere next year, let's see what happens ! :oops:

You mean I have to endure Injustice 2... for another 2-3 months (or whenever EVO is)? Why does it feel like this is the longest game season for any NRS game in their history despite it being a legit year?

Spoobs

Noob
I'm still going to believe the theories that it will be announced at EVO. But in all seriousness, I still love MKXL and Injustice 2. Plus we are getting a lot of other fighting games this year. MK11 will be here one day. Enjoy it then but don't waste your life wishing it was here now.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Potential expansions, fixes and updates to MKX and Injustice 2 are more thrilling to me than yet another game that would die in 2 years.
I doubt MKX or even Injustice 2 will be getting expansions. Fixes for Injustice 2 are likely, though.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm kinda hoping they will move to a 3-year cycle instead of 2-year. Injustice 2 having a focus on loot but only about 1 year of content updates was lame... they need more time to update the game more often with new gear and shaders. Imagine if we got almost 2 whole years of content updates? It would be crazy. If MK11 gets not only more development time, but a larger post-launch content roadmap, it could easily be NRS' best game. Not to mention the 3 years would be better for eSports.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Thanks for the link. I didn't tune in to most of E3 and I wouldn't have known about this interview otherwise.

I've discussed this a few days ago on Discord; I hope NRS breaking from their cycle means they're working on a new engine so we can finally put the whole weird hitboxes and stance switching behind us.
What's weird about the hitxboxes? Seems about the same as any other game that uses 3D models.

I could definitely get hype for a new engine though, it's gotten "samey".

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, if they not revealing an MK11 anytime soon then I wouldn't mind some crazy patches just to shake up the meta. Like Cyborg and Cheetah top 10 overnight sort of buffs.

Make Cyborg's low drone a low and his flying one an overhead. Bam. HTB's.

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Its gonna be announced this year and gonna come out next year.

They just changed things because they dont need E3 and want to avoid months of no new info and backlash of unfinished faces etc.

The way that interview went and the way Boon is talking says to me they're breaking the announcement cycle., not necessarily no new release next year. And the way he keeps on pointing out "we have nothing to announce" & checking with his guys. While that leaves it open to speculation, as it could be they're doing nothing...they way he delivers it says that there's something going on just that they can't say...yet.

Also given WB would have been making money hand over fist the past few years with the bi-annual releases I can't see them giving up on that. Especially as it seems the NRS team is quite capable of pulling it off.

Only thing that could throw a spanner in the works is them working on a new game engine which might cause a delay.

I guess we'll find out in the next few months...