What's new

Ed Boon confirms that Mortal Kombat 11 is not going to be revealed or announced: no plans to do so

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
“No NRS game”

Hmm

Maybe my wish will come true and they’re working on a MK anniversary kollection with the classic MK’s!

Snoop88

Noob
Ed was furious that everyone figured out NRS game cycle so he decided to do a master troll move and not to show mk11 trailer.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
That's too bad. I think Injustice 2 is fantastic, but it's fun getting hype about a new game coming out. On the plus side, maybe it gives Injustice 2 a little more time in the spotlight, and if people are still needing that good good MK sauce they still have a pretty great game in MKXL.

Kokoko

Somehow
“No NRS game”

Hmm

Maybe my wish will come true and they’re working on a MK anniversary kollection with the classic MK’s!
This is a problem. Even if they say "we won't announce anything, no NRS game", people still think that they teased something. And in a few month we'll see "Why they didn't announce anniversary kollection?" messages.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
"at the moment we have nothing we're announcing" is not the same as "we have nothing in development/mk11 is not in development"
I was coming to say the same thing. All he said was they have nothing to announce at the moment. Nowhere does he say anything about nothing being in development.

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
"at the moment we have nothing we're announcing" is not the same as "we have nothing in development/mk11 is not in development"
article title was edited to reflect accuracy of boon's comment (nothing to announce vs nothing in development)

KLK Lukas

Boon's personal eyebrow groomer
NOOOOOOO clickbait has infected TYM we're all doomed!!!

Although given the fact that there's no MK11 trailer who wants to live anyway?:DOGE

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This is a problem. Even if they say "we won't announce anything, no NRS game", people still think that they teased something. And in a few month we'll see "Why they didn't announce anniversary kollection?" messages.
I don’t think they teased anything. I just been wanting this for awhile now. So any shred of possibility is what I will cling to, lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MK9 remastered with GGPO confirmed

Also @Charybdis merge the two threads you weakling
I actually had two versions in mind. Straight up the classics (MK1-MK4 with MKT as well), or a tournament kollection with MK2, UMK3 and MK9 all with GGPO. Either or would be a dream come true.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Whatever it is with the chomping at the bit from boon it better be for the switch. lol Everyone else is literally porting or making games for it, I will actually be more excited when I hear NRS confirm this than newer MK 11 or just as excited I should day.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's all good, because it gives me more time to save which is always good and I'll be busy on Smash Ultimate until MK 11 hits. Glad this was posted earlier today so I can run errands without worrying about being distracted.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Imma Keep It ALL THE WAY LIVE! Listen...

Ed Boon is one of, IF NOT THEE, smartest business man in the FGC before even the damn phrase FGC was created. Not only has he been around since the beginning of fighting games, still around thriving, and ADAPTED to this day's generation of gamers. All other game companies have had their info leaked which ruins the rollout scheduling of their game. So even though Ed Boon is not releasing anything now, I think this is a very good thing and very calculated because he knows the hot titles that will be releasing this year and the beginning of next year.

We as consumers have learned that taking more time to make a better product is waaaaay better than rushing. Patience is a major virtue and Boon is the master of that. Uncle JBeezY still has faith that when Boon decides its the right time to drop the bomb that it will guarantee blow us all away.

Its natural to be sad now, but I promise you, you will be incredibly happy later. Have faith, friends. Have faith in Boon. Righteous :)

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
okay that made me really sad, i didnt expect that at all.. damn man i wonder whats the reason for not atleast announcing anything, so NRS is not working on any game right now? pretty weird