What's new

Ed Boon confirms that Mortal Kombat 11 is not going to be revealed or announced: no plans to do so

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
ed retweet
about rockysteady or whatever there name r ...maybe a adventure game like shaolin monks but with justice league
or maybe just maybe Dc vs Marvel or Mk vs spider verse or xmen

Aramonde

Noob
Good thing Soul Calibur 6 is coming out this year. I can't take two more years of Injustice
Yeah thats gonna be my main fighting game until MK comes out.

I actually had two versions in mind. Straight up the classics (MK1-MK4 with MKT as well), or a tournament kollection with MK2, UMK3 and MK9 all with GGPO. Either or would be a dream come true.
I wouldn't mind a MK9 remaster with S tiers nerfed and bottom five buffed then MK 11 after that.

Its gonna be announced this year and gonna come out next year.

They just changed things because they dont need E3 and want to avoid months of no new info and backlash of unfinished faces etc.
I doubt WB really cares about no months of info. Four games in a row now NRS's games have sold well, i doubt WB would deviate from this marketing formula unless there was a good reason (moving to a new game engine). These big publishers care about money and they tend stay with what has made them money in the past.

I really hope you guys are right but im gonna assume its coming out in early 2020 so im not disappointed again.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My tenative personal opinion.

If an MK11 trailer doesnt drop at EVO, and it turns out there isn't anything in development, then all acceptance of trolling aside, that's kind of a dick move to let everyone go on believe something that big was coming when it wasn't.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hey, maybe now they'll put some care in animation, shit early game balance, reused animations and maybe the community will actually grow.
Wut

How has the community not grown? This is one of those sour talking points from people who are way out of touch.

It wasn’t long ago that 300 entrants at EVO was considered a big event for us, 100 entrants at a major was huge, and 500-1K stream viewers (or 100 for a local) was considered good. Not to mention having the tiniest venue space in the basement corner. This community has come a long way in a short period of time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You guys don't give up hope lol.

I seriously hope they're working on a new Engine updated UE4 would be great.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Supposedly there are talks at E3 that they infact already know when they reveal the game what means it isnt that far away.

When a reliable source was asked EVO or Injustice 2 Finals he said he has the right idea.

I doubt its EVO since its so soon after E3 and Injustice 2 isnt even on Sunday.

IPS in October is the best bet to wait for right now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Supposedly there are talks at E3 that they infact already know when they reveal the game what means it isnt that far away.

When a reliable source was asked EVO or Injustice 2 Finals he said he has the right idea.

I doubt its EVO since its so soon after E3 and Injustice 2 isnt even on Sunday.

IPS in October is the best bet to wait for right now.
I think this honestly doesn't make much sense. The same reason why I didn't think a combo Combo Breaker reveal made sense.

If you had a AAA IP that millions of people buy, why would you make the reveal at a small event that only a few thousand people are going to watch? You either go big like E3 (or at least EVO), or you just release it on the web at a day/time when media exposure is the highest (not the weekend/night).

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I think this honestly doesn't make much sense. The same reason why I didn't think a combo Combo Breaker made sense.

If you had a AAA IP that millions of people buy, why would you make the reveal at a small event that only a few thousand people are going to watch? You either go big like E3 (or at lease EVO), or you just release it on the web at a day time when media exposure is the higest (not the weekend/night).
But they already did it with Injustice 2 gameplay reveal.

ESL MKX Finals with the reveal trailer was on a Saturday.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
But they already did it with Injustice 2 gameplay reveal.

ESL MKX Finals with the reveal trailer was on a Saturday.
Gameplay trailers and a full game reveal are completely different things. MKX was revealed on a weekday during the day for maximum media exposure.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
A gameplay reveal and a full game reveal are completely different things. MKX was revealed on a weekday during the day for maximum media exposure.
For sure the announcement gonna be a couple of days before the same like Injustice 2.

I was talking about the reveal and not the announcement.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
For sure the announcement gonna be a couple of days before the same like Injustice 2.

I was talking about the reveal and not the announcement.
Yeah I think you're thinking of gameplay trailers and not game reveals. Like the MKX reveal was not the gameplay trailer. The gameplay trailer usually comes after reveal.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
About 80% of the MKX fans aren't interested in Injustice one bit. They will never reveal MK11 at IPS or Evo or any other injustice tournament. Stop being so romantic about it and stop thinking that FGC players are all or most of the MK fans.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
They will reveal MK11 exactly like they revealed MKX: A big countdown on social media and their website. They will first announce a date and be transparently mysterious about it like oh what could it be? Tune in on this date to find out. And until that date they will be sending out all these teasers and hints on twitter and Boon will do his usual shtick.

And it will be during the week like Crimson said at their usual 8 or 9 AM central time, which is around 3 PM in Europe and evening time in Australia. It won't be during a tournament finals on Sunday which is around 4 AM in Europe where no one will watch it. That's not how marketing works.

rolz420zx

MindGamez
They are obviously welcome to do whatever they want but...

Here he says, cryptically, that they are sticking to their known release schedule for the next title. This was in an interview December 2017:

Now, he jokes that he did't even realize that fans of NRS games even knew there was a schedule and NRS has nothing to share.

What changed?

trufenix

bye felicia
What changed?
Nothing. The fanbase still assumes despite countless evidence to the contrary that boon (a game designer) is aware of and involved in every single decision at netherrealm and wb.

He decides when the game comes out, how many trailers are released, how many characters are on disc and dlc, whose top tier and how frequently it will be patched.

coolwhip

Noob
My tenative personal opinion.

If an MK11 trailer doesnt drop at EVO, and it turns out there isn't anything in development, then all acceptance of trolling aside, that's kind of a dick move to let everyone go on believe something that big was coming when it wasn't.
Ummm...WHO let everyone go on believing something was coming? The TYM community saw some unsubstantiated rumor somewhere, which nothing to do with NRS, and chose to believe them. Nobody at NRS ever said something big was coming so I don't get it.

I'm going to believe Margot Robbie will be coming to visit me this summer. When she doesn't, I'm going to be really mad. What a bitch, making me believe something that big is happening.