What's new

Echo Fox Sonic Fox Wins VGA's Esports Player of the Year

Sazbak

Noob
That cheeto deemed my dad's family's country as a shithole country.
You mean Haiti? How is that attacking your dad? If anything it's attacking Haiti's prime minister/president/ruling party since they're responsible for their people's well being.

I'm not saying he is right or wrong but don't see it as an insult towards the people of Haiti.
Hell, I wouldn't care if my country was called a shithole because there would be some basis for that.
I'm not my country and I'm not the one who is leading it.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
You mean Haiti? How is that attacking your dad? If anything it's attacking Haiti's prime minister/president/ruling party since they're responsible for their people's well being.

I'm not saying he is right or wrong but don't see it as an insult towards the people of Haiti.
Hell, I wouldn't care if my country was called a shithole because there would be some basis for that.
Unfortunately, no. I meant El Salvador. and was taking what he said as an insult to Salvadorans in general. I apologize.

Man you sound like a half smart chimp that fucks a trump body pillow at night.
Original comment there friend. Did you get that comment from watching Samantha Bee? This is why we can't have an earnest discourse about the situation our country is currently in.

Amen.

"nobody cares that he's black and gay and a furry"

he's an inspiration to so many people and if you don't care about all that stuff then just shut up and let people have their moment
I'm sorry but I didn't know SonicFox added anything to society that was of any worth that we NEEDED to celebrate it and let people enjoy this moment. If you are ONLY applauding him because of the aforementioned things then something is wrong with you and I HIGHLY doubt he's an inspiration to anyone. To conflate the idea like that is academically dishonest.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm sorry but I didn't know SonicFox added anything to society that was of any worth that we NEEDED to celebrate it and let people enjoy this moment. If you are ONLY applauding him because of the aforementioned things then something is wrong with you and I HIGHLY doubt he's an inspiration to anyone. To conflate the idea like that is academically dishonest.
People displaying skills at the highest level + dedication is valuable to society by itself. No one's only applauding him for only one particular reason, but breaking some barriers for people who are frequently discriminated against can inspire others to chuck their fears and go for their dreams.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
The man has WON MULTIPLE tournaments. Traveled around the world proving time and time again he's the best in the business. He's earned it. He even got the highest recognition for it last night. Best Esports Player of the year. So he brings something to socity that is our community.

What have you've done?

AfroBreezy

TYM's wanted hero
"nobody cares that he's black and gay and a furry"

he's an inspiration to so many people and if you don't care about all that stuff then just shut up and let people have their moment
Inspiration?!?! What has happened to society? If Sonicfox wasn't gay or was a boring individual? Ppl wouldn't be praising him like this.

The man has WON MULTIPLE tournaments. Traveled around the world proving time and time again he's the best in the business. He's earned it. He even got the highest recognition for it last night. Best Esports Player of the year. So he brings something to socity that is our community.

What have you've done?
What have I done? Hmm... I actually go out daily and feed the homeless, make food for the poor and needy children in my community, and continue to be a shining example of excellence and dedication and commitment to my community. I also work, attend college, and give back whenever it is possible for me to do so. NONE of the tournament winnings brings nothing substantial to society unless it is being used to further studies for the eradication of serious illnesses and diseases or going to further implement housing for the homeless and impoverished. Sonic's winnings do nothing but promote himself and himself alone! So I now ask you what do YOU do since you have made this about me.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This is such a non issue. People with half a brain know that not all republicans hate gay people and black people, this isn’t something that people for the most part actually think. Republicans really shouldn’t be mad about this, I don’t get it.

AfroBreezy

TYM's wanted hero
People displaying skills at the highest level + dedication is valuable to society by itself. No one's only applauding him for only one particular reason, but breaking some barriers for people who are frequently discriminated against can inspire others to chuck their fears and go for their dreams.
GTAB

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
What have I done? Hmm... I actually go out daily and feed the homeless, make food for the poor and needy children in my community, and continue to be a shining example of excellence and dedication and commitment to my community. I also work, attend college, and give back whenever it is possible for me to do so. NONE of the tournament winnings brings nothing substantial to society unless it is being used to further studies for the eradication of serious illnesses and diseases or going to further implement housing for the homeless and impoverished. Sonic's winnings do nothing but promote himself and himself alone! So I now ask you what do YOU do since you have made this about me.
I do the same. I give and I don't judge. I help and I don't take advantage of those that need it more. I'm a farther. Husband. A man. A very very good friend I'm always told. I do what I can and try to do more. I don't judge tho...

That man donated 10G's to Rewind's dad when he won IPS2 only several weeks ago. Class act. Stand up guy. Talented and strong. That's the kind of man he comes across. Oh and I'm sure he's done LOT'S MORE that we don't know about.

That's the kind of inspiration and standard he's displays. To young. Old. Gamers & fans. That's who I believe SonicFox is.

So if you can't see that. Can't understand what he says or stands for than that's your issues. I'm not going to say who's right or wrong because at the end of the day he said it. And I'm proud he did.

It's unfortunate it's left a bad taste in your mouth but from what I've read from you... Your used to that.

Keep on helping out those in need. Maybe it'll waken your ass up to to see how hypocritical you sound because usually when other people help others the way you say you do.

They don't sound like you.

Just. Saying.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
What are your thoughts on Jackie Robinson?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

This is an absurd reach lmao. The context was him saying he didn't want any more immigrants from Haiti and other majority non-white nations in Africa, the Caribbean, and Latin America because those nations are "shithole countries".

He literally said "Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out." Then he said he wanted more immigrants from Norway instead.

It was 1000% an insult towards the people of Haiti.

Last edited:

Sazbak

Noob
This is an absurd reach lmao. The context was him saying he didn't want any more immigrants from Haiti and other majority non-white nations in Africa, the Caribbean, and Latin America because those nations are "shithole countries".

He literally said "Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out." Then he said he wanted more immigrants from Norway instead.

It was 1000% an insult towards the people of Haiti.
First he said it in 2016 in a private talk when he visited Haiti
"I really felt for these people. They come from such a shithole.’"

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article218202540.html

This is clearly compassionate even though he uses rough language.

Most of you probably think the 2018 one version though.

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?"
He reportedly said this during a white house meeting and suggested they should let people in from countries like Norway.
I'm not going to defend this since
- Even if he has legitimate reason to bring in people from Norway instead of Haiti, he is the president and should choose his words more carefully. I'm for facts over feelings but if it can be avoided let's not offend each other especially people who "rank lower" than you on society's hierarchy.
- I support a merit based immigration policy. Sure if Norway has much lower crime rate than Haiti it's more likely to bring in law-abiding citizens from there. However this still doesn't mean that an entire country should be counted out altogether since we should judge each person individually. There are good people in Haiti and bad people in Norway as well. And again even if you don't think like that just refer to my previous point I made about using the correct language.

I don't think this makes him racist though. It only makes his thinking one-dimensional and rough and as a president he should know better.

marietta1200

Best Coast
When Sonic sat down next to me in one of the front audience rows during a break at ESL Finals I leaned over and said “Sorry man but you can’t sit there” and he immediately popped up and apologized. I had to convince the guy that I was joking because he was such an MKX badass it would be insane to refuse him a seat anywhere in there.

In conclusion: GOOD DUDE, regardless of politics. Congrats on continued success.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
*cut*
I don't think this makes him racist though. It only makes his thinking one-dimensional and rough and as a president he should know better.
Yes, I'm talking about the 2018 incident, which followed his attempt to rescind TPS status for Haitian and El Salvadoran refugees. This move -- which he is still attempting to do -- would have led to the deportation of over 300,000 people who have lived in America legally for decades. If he actually felt so bad for these people, he would not want to send them to the places he deems "shitholes".

So far this effort by the president has been blocked by federal courts as unconstitutional, on the grounds that it's a racist policy and he has demonstrated racial animus in discussing it.

Also from the Miami Herald, the source you cited:
https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article217167695.html
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article219474195.html

Call him 'one-dimensional' if you want, but the largest single dimension is that he and the people he has chosen for the executive branch in his administration hold white people in higher esteem than other races of people. They have proven this time and time again over the last two years with words, actions, and deeds.

People are complaining in this thread that SonicFox is stereotyping Republicans, but the Republican elected officials in Congress have made no effort to halt the Trump administration's concerted efforts to harm non-white people and LGBT people. If you are voting for these people, you are complicit in what is happening. If you truly don't support Trump, as some people here have said, you should vote against his party and give the other party more ability to check his power. Many good people I know who are Republicans voted Democratic in the recent midterm election to express their disagreement with what Trump is doing.

No, I don't think all registered Republicans hate black people and gay people. I have Republican friends, and while I myself am a Democrat I can disagree with people respectfully on matters of taxation or the economy or foreign policy. But it isn't hyperbole to say that if you are voting Republican in this current era, you are voting for people who either have demonstrated they do hate minorities in that way, or who simply don't care that their party is currently advancing legislation and executive actions that target these minority groups. That's tacit approval, which is nearly as bad as taking the action yourself.

So I don't see anything wrong with what SonicFox said.

And that's all I really have to say about this on a Mortal Kombat fan forum of all places.

Last edited:

Sazbak

Noob
Yes, I'm talking about the 2018 incident, which followed his attempt to rescind TPS status for Haitian and El Salvadoran refugees. This move -- which he is still attempting to do -- would have led to the deportation of over 300,000 people who have lived in America legally for decades. If he actually felt so bad for these people, he would not want to send them to the places he deems "shitholes".

So far this effort by the president has been blocked by federal courts as unconstitutional, on the grounds that it's a racist policy and he has demonstrated racial animus in discussing it.

Also from the Miami Herald, the source you cited:
https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article217167695.html
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article219474195.html

Call him 'one-dimensional' if you want, but the largest single dimension is that he and the people he has chosen for the executive branch in his administration hold white people in higher esteem than other races of people. They have proven this time and time again over the last two years with words, actions, and deeds.

People are complaining in this thread that SonicFox is stereotyping Republicans, but the Republican elected officials in Congress have made no effort to halt the Trump administration's concerted efforts to harm non-white people and LGBT people. If you are voting for these people, you are complicit in what is happening. If you truly don't support Trump, as some people here have said, you should vote against his party and give the other party more ability to check his power. Many good people I know who are Republicans voted Democratic in the recent midterm election to express their disagreement with what Trump is doing.

No, I don't think all registered Republicans hate black people and gay people. I have Republican friends, and while I myself am a Democrat I can disagree with people respectfully on matters of taxation or the economy or foreign policy. But it isn't hyperbole to say that if you are voting Republican in this current era, you are voting for people who either have demonstrated they do hate minorities in that way, or who simply don't care that their party is currently advancing legislation and executive actions that target these minority groups. That's tacit approval, which is nearly as bad as taking the action yourself.

So I don't see anything wrong with what SonicFox said.

And that's all I really have to say about this on a Mortal Kombat fan forum of all places.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25810/malkin-times-temporary-alien-protection-michelle-malkin

"The Temporary Protected Status program was supposed to provide short-term relief and shelter to people from foreign countries hit by natural disasters, environmental catastrophes, civil war, epidemic diseases or other "extraordinary and temporary conditions." But they were always expected to go back home when those conditions improved."

So yes, they legally lived in the US but it was never meant to be forever, hence the word Temporary in it.
In other words sending these people back to their home country is not racially motivated. E.g. a hurricane happened to strike a country with a non-white majority and they got access to the TPS which allowed them to live in the US until their home country gets better living conditions.

Also I disagree with your way of thinking: "If you are voting for these people, you are complicit in what is happening."

First of all I am not supporting or defending republicans. My issue with your way of thinking is more abstract.
You have no idea why individuals voted for Trump or other people. First of all people didn't know for sure what to expect since politicians can just promise things and then never really keep their promises.
But what's even more important is that there can be many many reasons to vote for a presidential candidate.

Sure KKK members might have voted for Trump because they hoped he'd enforce laws which help white people only.

Other people might have voted for Trump to oppose the immigration from the Middle-Eastern and African countries altogether. It might have been because of racism or simply just out of fear of terrorism.

Other group of people don't have a problem with immigration but they want only actual refugees from Syria(not economic migrants) to enter the country and they want thorough background checks to make sure the US doesn't import anything dangerous. They don't want 30 yo migrants who pose as kids in school or grooming gangs who do not get caught for a decade out of political correctness like in the UK.

There are people who voted for Trump who did it because they just disliked Hillary
There are people who voted for Trump because he wasn't a career politician but a successful businessman so they trusted him more to lead the country.

My point is that you shouldn't apply guilt by association to people. You should try to understand each individual's motive instead of lazily putting them into the same category and applying derogatory labels to them.
If your way of thinking is taken to the extreme then it results in organizations like Antifa who punch you in the face if you don't fully support their agenda because in their eyes you're just a nazi like others so they feel no need to listen to each individual's unique perspective. All of the people of the above mentioned categories became Nazis and Nazis are evil so it's ok to punch them.
This is absolutely toxic.

"That's tacit approval, which is nearly as bad as taking the action yourself."

So, NO.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The Daily Wire is a far-right conservative outlet, and Michelle Malkin is misrepresenting the purpose and history of the TPS status in her article. But I'm really not interested in debating the finer details of immigration policy with you, because if you can't see that Trump specifically targeting black and latino TPS recipients for mass deportation -- at the same time that he openly says he wants more European immigrants and fewer immigrants from black and Latin American countries -- is racially motivated, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't care why individuals voted for him. This administration is authoritarian, nakedly racist, wildly corrupt, actively seeks the disenfranchisement of LGBT people, and trafficks in demagoguery. He openly campaigned on racist talking points. That is what he promised. They voted for that, no matter what their individual reasons were. You brought up Nazis, not me, but your argument is exactly the one that was historically used to defend people who voted for Hitler. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now.

Your vote is part of a larger picture, no matter what your personal motivation is. What you are saying is that there are many people who found ~personal reasons~ to throw their lot in with xenophobes and white nationalists -- and what I am saying is there is no personal reason on Earth which can justify that.

If you voted for a bigot who is dragging the country through the mud and violating the constitution on a regular basis, you can deal with an eSports player making a joke about you on a video game awards show. The people being targeted every day by this administration are facing much higher stakes.

Grow up.

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
Wanna know the best way to show you can be Republican and not hate blacks and gays? Don't throw a fucking temper tantrum online because Sonic said he was gay and black. I think most people thought he came off goofy, who cares? It was a 30 second speech, move on with your life. That's what adults are supposed to do.
The thread did start off with people just disagreeing with what Sonic said but then Crimson Shadow and Hippo came in and threw gas on the tread and lit on fire basically saying Republicans or Trump supporters racist or hate gay's

If you vote for a President who openly and repeatedly says derogatory things towards women, minorities, immigrants, foreigners, and the mentally challenged, I'd say It's a pretty safe bet that you're not very opposed to various forms of discrimination.
Supporting the party is being complicit in the racial and gender discrimination said party engages in.

Sazbak

Noob
The Daily Wire is a far-right conservative outlet, and Michelle Malkin is misrepresenting the purpose and history of the TPS status in her article. But I'm really not interested in debating the finer details of immigration policy with you, because if you can't see that specifically targeting black and latino TPS recipients for mass deportation -- at the same time that you openly say you want more European immigrants and fewer immigrants from black and Latin American countries -- is racially motivated, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't care why individuals voted for him. This administration is authoritarian, nakedly racist, wildly corrupt, actively seeks the disenfranchisement of LGBT people, and trafficks in demagoguery. He openly campaigned on racist talking points. That is what he promised. They voted for that, no matter what their individual reasons were. You brought up Nazis, not me, but your argument is exactly the one that was historically used to defend people who voted for Hitler. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now.

Your vote is part of a larger picture, no matter what your personal motivation is. What you are saying is that there are many people who found ~personal reasons~ to throw their lot in with xenophobes and white nationalists -- and what I am saying is there is no personal reason on Earth which can justify that.

If you voted for a bigot who is dragging the country through the mud and violating the constitution on a regular basis, you can deal with an eSports player making a joke about you on a video game awards show. The people being targeted every day by this administration are facing much higher stakes.

Grow up.
"The Daily Wire is a far-right conservative outlet, and Michelle Malkin is misrepresenting the purpose and history of the TPS status in her article."

Daily Wire is not far-right.
Ben Shapiro the founder and editor-in-chief often criticizes Trump in his articles. He is lightyears away from being a Trump sheep. He is not #NeverTrump or #AlwaysTrump he is #SometimesTrump.(his words)
But nevertheless you didn't show any sort of evidence that counters my claim regarding the Temporary Protected Status program. You just tried to indirectly poison the well with a false statement instead of directly countering my arguments.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well

"But I'm really not interested in debating the finer details of immigration policy with you, because if you can't see that specifically targeting black and latino TPS recipients for mass deportation -- at the same time that you openly say you want more European immigrants and fewer immigrants from black and Latin American countries -- is racially motivated, I don't know what to tell you."

You don't know what to tell me? Try arguments or direct evidence that supports your claim for starters.
Also what?? "at the same time that you openly say you want more European immigrants and fewer immigrants from black and Latin American countries"

"You brought up Nazis, not me, but your argument is exactly the one that was historically used to defend people who voted for Hitler. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now."

This is the one of the lowest point in your comment. You're implying that I'm even remotely like the nazis who claimed that the Aryan race is superior to others and therefore they don't deserve their lives.
Nothing in my comment supports that I'm similar to Nazis and you don't even explain how you come to this conclusion. This is nothing more than a weak character assassination attempt.

The rest of your comment is just the same thing you did before. You don't see and don't want to see the tiny nuances in people's opinion or personality. You're not interested in them. You don't even entertain the idea of your view not being 100% correct. I'm done with this discussion. There were useful elements in it for me but in my eye you lost the argument with your last comment mainly because you didn't even bother to properly argue.