What's new

Echo Fox Sonic Fox Wins VGA's Esports Player of the Year

Sazbak

Noob
If grabbing them by the pussy is the only thing you know about his stance on women then that should be enough.. if you can’t see the inherent racism in his immigration policies/travel bans on Muslims, then I don’t know what to tell you... if denying visas to same sex partners of diplomats, lgbtq content immediately being removed from the whites house website etc etc the list goes on forever
The pussygrab quote was a decade ago locker room talk where he only talked about his personal experience as a rich guy.

"And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

This Bill Burr rant is my answer to that.(the part I'm mainly referring to starts around 7:30) He talks about how we have no idea of what being rich feels like when you're surrounded by gold diggers from every side who'd do anything for money.
Read Trump's line again, it's pretty obvious he is talking about his own personal experience of being a rich guy.

Btw Sonic does whatever he wants but the the sole fact that he is up on stage is a proof that racism and homophobia are less relevant in the western world that some people make it out to be.

Last edited:

kevkopdx

Noob
The pussygrab quote was a decade ago locker room talk where he only talked about his personal experience as a rich guy.

"And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

This Bill Burr rant is my answer to that. He talks about how we have no idea of what being rich feels like when you're surrounded by gold diggers from every side who'd do anything for money.
Read Trump's line again, it's pretty obvious he is talking about his own personal experience of being a rich guy.

Btw Sonic does whatever he wants but the the sole fact that he is up on stage is a proof that racism and homophobia are less relevant in the western world that some people make it out to be.
lol I’m not going to continue this argument, especially with a “you do know what it’s like being a rich white man” excuse to his character

Sazbak

Noob
lol I’m not going to continue this argument, especially with a “you do know what it’s like being a rich white man” excuse to his character
It's not an excuse, you didn't understand my point. Trump was talking about gold diggers who surrounded him. I's pretty obvious women in general don't let you do whatever you want with them. However when you're rich you will get women who'd do anything for money. This is his personal experience "And when you're a star".
My other argument is that the quote is over a decade ago and this entire culture of bringing forward random quotes from people's past should stop. I'm not the same person I was a decade ago. Probably most of us aren't either.

I'm not continuing the discussion from now on either.

Congrats to Fox for being a fighting game genius.

kevkopdx

Noob
It's not an excuse, you didn't understand my point. Trump was talking about gold diggers who surrounded him. I's pretty obvious women in general don't let you do whatever you want with them. However when you're rich you will get women who'd do anything you as them to for money. This is his personal experience "And when you're a star".
My other argument is that the quote is over a decade ago and this entire culture of bringing forward random quotes from people's past should stop. I'm not the same person I was a decade ago. Probably most of us aren't either.
I completely understand your point, being a decade old is irrelevant. He’s a politician, we judge a politicians character on everything. They don’t get a free pass. Besides that, let’s say he’s a feminist, it doesn’t change all of the other despicable things about him. He’s trash. You only need to glance at his twitter feed to know that.
Ps. Just using the term gold digger says it all.. it’s misogynistic crap

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
you know I agree with you here, but you DID just make a bunch of claims and tell him you could source every single one of them. It makes the other people on your side of the argument look bad as well when you just say "I don't want to derail the thread so I'm not going to post it here".
Yeah, but if we go making a huge list here this thread is never going to get back to what it's actually about (how cool it is that somebody from our community ended up winning a huge award on a major stage).

He can still PM me if he wants a list. I'm more than happy to discuss it with him.

kevkopdx

Noob
Yeah, but if we go making a huge list here this thread is never going to get back to what it's actually about (how cool it is that somebody from our community ended up winning a huge award on a major stage).

He can still PM me if he wants a list. I'm more than happy to discuss it with him.
Sonic Fox took this opportunity to speak his mind, it’s not off topic, it’s exactly the point of him using that platform to incite discussion. His winning is great for our community but his message is equally a part of this win.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

SonicFox made this a part of the topic intentionally, it's okay to speak on it.

God Confirm

in which case you shouldn't have claimed you could source every statement he made, when someone challenged you that you couldn't. Now that the "offtopic" excuse is gone and you still saying you won't do it, it just looks like you can't verify your own statements.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
in which case you shouldn't have claimed you could source every statement he made, when someone challenged you that you couldn't. Now that the "offtopic" excuse is gone and you still saying you won't do it, it just looks like you can't verify your own statements.
I can, and again, if he wants to PM me I'll go through it. You're reaching really hard for the sake of an argument and I'm not going to take the bait today.

God Confirm

I can, and again, if he wants to PM me I'll go through it. You're reaching really hard for the sake of an argument and I'm not going to take the bait today.
Huh? I'm not reaching for an argument lol, you're just doing what you always do and gaslighting someone whenever they disagree with you. The guy's talking about a relevant topic to the subject, you made a claim, he challenged you that you couldn't source it, you said you could, and now you're turning against me for pointing out how bad it looks to your argument when you inexplicably refuse to go ahead and do it. I'm literally supporting Sonic here and I agree with the base of what you're saying, but it hurts your argument and mine when you argue like that.

I've PM'd you as of sending me the message. Feel free to support your statements there if for some reason thats the only place you feel comfortable doing it. Or I guess just do the Crimson special and delete all my posts and infract me for trying to argue with you or whatever nonsense excuse you come up with as I suspect you will. I don't care anymore - people that we BOTH disagree with, are not being unreasonable in asking you to support what you say, especially after you said you could support every last one of them. @Matt94 said he had a completely open mind and is willing to be swayed just by you sourcing it, I can't imagine why you would post what you did in the first place if you felt this adamantly about it not being something you wanted to talk about? It doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Huge kudos to Sonic Fox for winning the award. I didn't expect to be a Best E-Sports Award on the show, that was very surprising.

The man has earned it, and this is nothing short of a huge recognition moment not just for the whole FGC, but to the NRS community in particular.

Once again huge kudos, respect for the Fox!

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I'm offended to be honest. I vote for this guy because he's got the best results and entertains me, and then he comes up to the stage and plays this race/sexual orientation/political card?! GTFOH.

Aramonde

Noob
I like that the VGA's put two fgc members in there though they choose the wrong one. Hmm I wonder why the American award show choose the gay, black American over the international players, really makes you think.

That speech is why I don't like SF. Did you guys know that SF is black, gay and a furry? It's not like it's all over his social media and he says it everytime he wins. And the whole Republican stereotypes that they hate gay's and minorities and tym members with Trump hate lmao.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Congrats SF. Wasn’t able to catch the speech, but I’ve heard so many interviews and speeches from this kid, I probably got the gist of it.