What's new

Echo Fox Sonic Fox Wins VGA's Esports Player of the Year

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Can we just talk about one main point here... all republicans do not “hate gay and black people” like sonic actually said!

Every time I see a sane person bring this up they are basically called a liar and a nazi. I have NEVER been able to have a real conversation with anyone who is hard left or hard right. Their “team” can do no wrong and they are just waiting for their turn to talk.

So. Do people REALLY think it was ok to say all republicans hate black people and gay people? 40% of African Americans were shown to vote republicans in the presidential election on cnn of all places.

Every wants to just ignore the most inaccurate thing he said and just pump their fist in the air.

Let’s not forget when he posted “all black top 3 black awesomeness” at a recent tournament. What if someone white said “look all white top 3! White awesomeness! They would be called a nazi.
We have a serious problem that’s been prevalent in the past idk how many years of doing 2 major things. Generalizing, and group identity.

^^ I had A LOT of stuff typed out, but I really don’t think it’s worth posting on TYM. It was kinda long but to convey my points the way I wanted it would have been a novel.

I’ll end with this. I used to be a proud, bleeding heart super liberal. I unknowingly was living in an echo chamber who constantly told me the NUMBER ONE enemy wasn’t terrorists, bad policies, racism, bigotry, murderers, etc. None of that was the true threat. The biggest enemy to the American people... were republicans.

I could write a novel about this too. But the main point is I started to actually open my mind and forced myself to seek out intelligent republicans so I could genuinely listen to the other side. It took awhile to get to the point where I could actually entertain the other side (conservatives) without laughing in their face. Once I finally was able to open my mind and listen to intelligent republicans, I was pretty shocked. It’s not like it swayed any of my stances or anything, I just was more respectful of the ACTUAL legitimate republicans.

Then every day, the left would push me away. While I was 1000% on their side, they tell me I have an inherent privilege because of the color or my skin. Which makes absolutely no sense. My ancestors were irish and native Americans. Both got fucked by the “rich white oppresors”. Then I got told I can’t be the victim of racism because I’m white. And in fact, that ONLY white people could be racist. I saw that liberal extremists were actively attempting to (and usually succeeding) in censoring the opposition. Whose only crime was that they disagreed with them politically.

The list goes on and on. I really tried to not make this a novel but it was harder than I thought. I have many, many more examples. Anyway, the left pushed me away, but I could never be on the right either. So here I sit, in the middle. Now I get shit on by both sides simply for having the ability to think for myself, and not having to agree with everything my party says or does just because it’s MY party that says or does it. When you’re able to actually take a step back and look at the ridiculousness without the bias, only then will your mind be free.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
"Look at the ridiculousness"

"White people don't have an inherent privilege, therefore I can no longer fully say I'm for the Left."

To expand upon this, I've never really understood the argument that someone "turned" to the other side because they were annoyed by one side. Not really having a fundamental disagreement on things like healthcare, education, that rich assholes run the world for themselves, etc. but instead hyperfocus on one aspect that is often an uncomfortable truth, and instead of just kind of holding that, it now becomes this sticking point, this sign of "craziness" that means we can't get along anymore.

Saying that white people or those who can present as WASP-y is an inherent advantage in life shouldn't be a hard concept. When we talk about things like racism, there are multiple fronts. What white people often miss is that they aren't prey to the systemic racism that PoC have faced for generations in the West. Unable to get a loan for a house for no real reason, denied entry in an otherwise white neighborhood, disregarded for jobs, poorly funded schools, voter suppression, etc. are all examples of systemic racism that white people will probably not come across in their everyday life. This isn't to say that you have to spend every day of your life repenting, but it's more about believing people when they say that the worst parts are often invisible because you don't know the difference of being "other'd"

Does this also mean that you are inherently guilty of sin? No, it's more of just a tacit agreement that society has made it abundantly clear whom it favors, and from that understanding, we can look at who are the real oppressors in society.

But we could also ignore all that and just say they're nutso, so let's listen seriously to the guys peddling anti-immigrant rhetoric founded in racism and the idea that a rich Jewish man is ginning up massive conspiracies because he's rich and Jewish. Centrism!

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Can someone please lock this cursed post I swear to god.

'Mortal Kombat fans suss out the white privilege debate' feels like a non-productive conversation lmao (but good try @KingHippo)

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Can we just talk about one main point here... all republicans do not “hate gay and black people” like sonic actually said!
That's not the main point at all....*sigh*....Man....nevermind its pointless....

Anyways...

So what did PewdiePie character say about Sonic? Uncle JBeezY is seeing headlines that SonicFox fired back or something?

One of the biggest YouTube content creators talking about the best in the FGC right now. That brings more attention to the scene which is fucking AMAZING!

I'm not getting into this again, but... what? Only about 8% of African Americans voted Republican in the presidential election.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls
I am hearing differing sources but of course it depends with window you are looking out of. Lets say that it was only 8%. That also invalidates sonic fox's statement that all republicans hate gay and black people. but instead of talking about this people from "his team" point and said NAZI when someone brings it up in a calm manor!

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
That's not the main point at all....*sigh*....Man....nevermind its pointless....

Anyways...

So what did PewdiePie character say about Sonic? Uncle JBeezY is seeing headlines that SonicFox fired back or something?

One of the biggest YouTube content creators talking about the best in the FGC right now. That brings more attention to the scene which is fucking AMAZING!
Ugh, Pewdiepie. I'm kinda hoping T Series overtakes him lol.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Ugh, Pewdiepie. I'm kinda hoping T Series overtakes him lol.
Im not familiar with his channel or whatnot but i know he's huge. Talking about our own King brings more attention to our scene. #Bars

So whateva the hell he is saying about Sonic good or bad, keep talkin', bitch ;)

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Im not familiar with his channel or whatnot but i know he's huge. Talking about our own King brings more attention to our scene. #Bars

So whateva the hell he is saying about Sonic good or bad, keep talkin', bitch ;)
Not when he's not saying nice things about him. At least he wasn't being racist like I normally see him being whenever I do catch some clips of him.
And Sonic Fox dragged pewdiepie straight to hell lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
" "@SonicFox5000
Then again I just got free clout from him too LMAO"

What the fuck did Uncle JBeezY JUST say !?QUESTION MARK?! :p

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm not going to put anyone on my block list just because I don't like to look at a thread popping up on the front page. XD

It's not Hellblazer's fault that the thread spiralled into what it became.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I'm not going to put anyone on my block list just because I don't like to look at a thread popping up on the front page. XD

It's not Hellblazer's fault that the thread spiralled into what it became.
I understand where you're coming from, but its really an easy fix. Just don't read the thread. Period. There's plenty of Righteous threads you can converse in.YES, it's that simple. ;)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I understand where you're coming from, but its really an easy fix. Just don't read the thread. Period. There's plenty of Righteous threads you can converse in.YES, it's that simple. ;)
I had stopped reading the thread. But then suddenly people started quoting/mentioning me in here.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
"Look at the ridiculousness"

"White people don't have an inherent privilege, therefore I can no longer fully say I'm for the Left."

To expand upon this, I've never really understood the argument that someone "turned" to the other side because they were annoyed by one side. Not really having a fundamental disagreement on things like healthcare, education, that rich assholes run the world for themselves, etc. but instead hyperfocus on one aspect that is often an uncomfortable truth, and instead of just kind of holding that, it now becomes this sticking point, this sign of "craziness" that means we can't get along anymore.

Saying that white people or those who can present as WASP-y is an inherent advantage in life shouldn't be a hard concept. When we talk about things like racism, there are multiple fronts. What white people often miss is that they aren't prey to the systemic racism that PoC have faced for generations in the West. Unable to get a loan for a house for no real reason, denied entry in an otherwise white neighborhood, disregarded for jobs, poorly funded schools, voter suppression, etc. are all examples of systemic racism that white people will probably not come across in their everyday life. This isn't to say that you have to spend every day of your life repenting, but it's more about believing people when they say that the worst parts are often invisible because you don't know the difference of being "other'd"

Does this also mean that you are inherently guilty of sin? No, it's more of just a tacit agreement that society has made it abundantly clear whom it favors, and from that understanding, we can look at who are the real oppressors in society.

But we could also ignore all that and just say they're nutso, so let's listen seriously to the guys peddling anti-immigrant rhetoric founded in racism and the idea that a rich Jewish man is ginning up massive conspiracies because he's rich and Jewish. Centrism!
Never said I turned to the other side. Thought I made it clear that that didn’t happen. I didn’t include everything that pushed me away because it would have been, as I said, a novel. Writing a novel about politics isn’t something I wanted to do on TYM, my bad. It was already way too long as it stood, and a lot I had to just delete.

And my point was I, as a liberal and an ally, was told I was the problem. Me, ME specifically because of the color of my skin. It’s not like this and only this was what pushed me away. It was just a bunch of things built up. When it comes to most of the important things I lean left, but on other things I lean right. Idk why THAT is such a hard concept to understand.

haketh

Noob

Every time I see a sane person bring this up they are basically called a liar and a nazi. I have NEVER been able to have a real conversation with anyone who is hard left or hard right. Their “team” can do no wrong and they are just waiting for their turn to talk.

So. Do people REALLY think it was ok to say all republicans hate black people and gay people? 40% of African Americans were shown to vote republicans in the presidential election on cnn of all places.

Every wants to just ignore the most inaccurate thing he said and just pump their fist in the air.

Let’s not forget when he posted “all black top 3 black awesomeness” at a recent tournament. What if someone white said “look all white top 3! White awesomeness! They would be called a nazi.
I mean don’t support the party that routinely does shit to bring about policies that fuck over Queer & POC if you don’t want to be told you hate Queer & Black people *shrug*