What's new

Match-up Discussion Ducky's Raven MU Chart

Multiple projectiles don't affect her reflect. She can absorb an infinite amount of projectiles as long as the absorbing frames are active. And how does he win trades? Her projectiles/pillars do more damage than his orbs & guns.
if zodball and gun zoning is mixed well, the second hit can hit slightly outside the absorbtion (reflection) window or the gunshot can be meterburned. so youre forced to not try at all.

and he doesnt really win a trade damage-wise, but he can set up quicker and safer afterwards. i played like 80 games straight against a good zod who tried to stay away and only good reads could save me from losing advantage in the zoning war.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
if zodball and gun zoning is mixed well, the second hit can hit slightly outside the absorbtion (reflection) window or the gunshot can be meterburned. so youre forced to not try at all.

and he doesnt really win a trade damage-wise, but he can set up quicker and safer afterwards. i played like 80 games straight against a good zod who tried to stay away and only good reads could save me from losing advantage in the zoning war.
I've played hundreds of games with pig & Dave. This doesn't happen unless zod has a lifelead, which is not easy to get.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
If you pushblock DD, do you have time to throw out Soul Crush before he can MB shoulder you?

Blind_Ducky

If you pushblock DD, do you have time to throw out Soul Crush before he can MB shoulder you?
Don't think so, also dd can punish with shoulder from that range. Better thing to do is either mb b3 if you think he'll armor Immediately or you can try to scout a dash & d1 punish it.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Don't think so, also dd can punish with shoulder from that range. Better thing to do is either mb b3 if you think he'll armor Immediately or you can try to scout a dash & d1 punish it.
Ok. I was thinking that if she could, you could get a nice guessing game after a pushblock on whether she would Soul Crush or not.

Blind_Ducky

Ok. I was thinking that if she could, you could get a nice guessing game after a pushblock on whether she would Soul Crush or not.
Well you kinda do. Immediate mb venom beats soul crush, mb b3 beats the mb venom but delayed mb venom beats mb b3 & soul crush beats that. So there's kind of a guessing game there.

I've played hundreds of games with pig & Dave. This doesn't happen unless zod has a lifelead, which is not easy to get.
ok but we agree it happens? i can remember that zod gets easier to read and matches are won faster once hes gotta take the risks, but whats a good way to get there?

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
anyone care to explain how GL is 6-4 and not 7-3 now?
other than "orochi beats me"
He gets zoned out super hard. His dash being as atrocious as it is really kills him because you can't walk in on her while she's zoning. Pushback from pillars basically negates any forward walking. His dash is so bad that when she does a pull (-5 on block) GL has to respect soul crush. His projectile gets bodied by reflect and pull trades. Once he gets in lift range his options open up and once he gets a knockdown it can be an issue for Raven but getting in is insanely difficult.
Does this help?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
With MUs like this how is Raven not in the top 5 discussion? Apparently BG is, yet her bad MUs are much more common (BM, AM, MMH) than Ravens. In fact, Raven has the better MU spread all around.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
With MUs like this how is Raven not in the top 5 discussion? Apparently BG is, yet her bad MUs are much more common (BM, AM, MMH) than Ravens. In fact, Raven has the better MU spread all around.
These are just Ducky's numbers. Granted, he is probably the best raven (only other in conversation is glass sword), but I think she has more than three losing matchups, and a couple more 5-5s. I think she loses to Bane, Batgirl, Doomsday, Flash (3-7), Martian and Wonder Woman. I also think she goes even with Black Adam, and possibly Lex and Zatanna.
Just my opinion, though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
These are just Ducky's numbers. Granted, he is probably the best raven (only other in conversation is glass sword), but I think she has more than three losing matchups, and a couple more 5-5s. I think she loses to Bane, Batgirl, Doomsday, Flash (3-7), Martian and Wonder Woman. I also think she goes even with Black Adam, and possibly Lex and Zatanna.
Just my opinion, though.
As a BG/Zatanna main, the BG vs. Raven MU feels ok to me. If anyone has the advantage it's BG but I don't feel it's overwhelming. Zatanna vs. Raven, Raven defnitely has the advantage. This MU is frustrating as hell. She can't zone, she can't trait up, she has to get in and then use her shitty arse normals to try and do anything. This is an MU where I always pull out Babs. Not worth the trouble tbh.