What's new

Match-up Discussion Ducky's Raven MU Chart

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
I agree with Mannimal. This is probably 4-6 at worse.
@Blind_Ducky can you explain why the sin-raven mu is 6-4 sin plz
Sinestro has ways of pushing Raven out. Then he can pretty much play his zoning game and he can outzone Raven unless she gets trait. However, his fear blast, especially MB Fear Blasts, can put a stop to getting demon mode. Raven wins the close range, but once she's out, Sinestro is winning the zoning game, and he can push her out.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
After being directed to face a top Lobo on tym, I take back all my prior Raven/Lobo comments and agree with the 4-6 completely.

Controller throwing type of MU and definitely isn't a possible 5-5 like I argued in the past. The 4-6 sounds right. Tough one too.

EDIT: Yea that Batgirl number looks a little shaky lol.
watch my matches vs oxygen. Might help with the mu.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
Oxygen is a pretty good Lobo player. I wish I had the chance to play against one offline frequently, both he and Fill Pops blew me up in that MU.

Blind_Ducky

I agree with Mannimal. This is probably 4-6 at worse.

Sinestro has ways of pushing Raven out. Then he can pretty much play his zoning game and he can outzone Raven unless she gets trait. However, his fear blast, especially MB Fear Blasts, can put a stop to getting demon mode. Raven wins the close range, but once she's out, Sinestro is winning the zoning game, and he can push her out.
There's zero chance of batgirl being even. It's between best case is 4-6, worst case is 3-7. This match up hasn't been explored enough so I don't think anyone really can say with 100% certainty if it's either or.

Also sinestros zoning is irrelevant against Raven because of her forward walk speed.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
watch my matches vs oxygen. Might help with the mu.
Yea I didn't realize how tough this MU could be until I played a really good Lobo and lost 20-9. I couldn't believe it, I was in shock lol. I was convinced it was 5-5 or an easy 4-6 at worst.

I'm gonna do just that and see what I can pick up from you in this MU and try again tomorrow night. I can't let Raven go down like that!

Last edited:

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
There's zero chance of batgirl being even. It's between best case is 4-6, worst case is 3-7. This match up hasn't been explored enough so I don't think anyone really can say with 100% certainty if it's either or.

Also sinestros zoning is irrelevant against Raven because of her forward walk speed.
Ugh, stupid English. I mean to say the best was 4-6. I play this enough to confidently say that Batgirl isn't as bad, it's basically being patient and punishing her. Smoke bomb is punishable on block, empty void her bola and batarangs, and whatever you do, don't guess wrong on the mixup.

Blind_Ducky

Ugh, stupid English. I mean to say the best was 4-6. I play this enough to confidently say that Batgirl isn't as bad, it's basically being patient and punishing her. Smoke bomb is punishable on block, empty void her bola and batarangs, and whatever you do, don't guess wrong on the mixup.
Problem with punishing teleport, it whiffs if you're holding Back. You have to be committed to waiting for it in order to punish, which allows her to do whatever she wants. Reflecting stuff 100% of the time isn't easy when she's mid screen doing bola cancels. Guessing wrong will happen eventually in her vortex.

blind ducky in the zod mu what do you think would happen if the zod player had consistent headh.eight zodball spam??? (and knew the other intricacies of the match, like sometimes mb lasering on block for the pushback after a blocked push, so you can zone or trait summon) I know that raven cannot reflect zod ball spam really because she will eat another ball if she does

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
I wouldn't think orbs would look like his reflectable overhead projectile to people.. Maybe it's just online? Raven being free on knockdown is just a problem Raven has in general so I don't see how it makes this match up bad but not others. I only got to play this match up a lil bit but it felt fairly even.

So in other words. Superman beats everyone... lol.

PS: I don't see it being that bad for Raven kompared to other characters because she kan get a D1~Lift kombo punish if she guesses korrectly. Some characters don't even get a real punish.
No dude trust the more you play it with a high level raven, you will see why Martian can kind of have his way with her at times but sometimes you have to take risks!!! She also has no true overhead mix ups and you can stuff her wake ups and or just knock that Hoe down and mix her up with orbs.. I mean there is many of ways to beat her with martian but it's not like hella easy to do so aha like it's not free

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
No dude trust the more you play it with a high level raven, you will see why Martian can kind of have his way with her at times but sometimes you have to take risks!!! She also has no true overhead mix ups and you can stuff her wake ups and or just knock that Hoe down and mix her up with orbs.. I mean there is many of ways to beat her with martian but it's not like hella easy to do so aha like it's not free
Yeah. I kan see how he kan get the edge sometimes but good defense offsets that. On the other hand, from Martian's end, no amount of defense will stop the amount of chip you get from pillars. I tend to skew every match up to 5-5 though and in the end it really doesn't matter. It's just understanding your options and following through with them. Kompared to other match ups in this game, it really isn't that bad for Raven. Stuffing wake ups also depends on whether they delay it or not too so she kan katch you for it (You kan test this in training mode by recording the knockdown then timing a meaty, and then playing it back. Try to change your wake up timing. The komputer never does this and does it as fast as possible.)

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
Yeah. I kan see how he kan get the edge sometimes but good defense offsets that. On the other hand, from Martian's end, no amount of defense will stop the amount of chip you get from pillars. I tend to skew every match up to 5-5 though and in the end it really doesn't matter. It's just understanding your options and following through with them. Kompared to other match ups in this game, it really isn't that bad for Raven. Stuffing wake ups also depends on whether they delay it or not too so she kan katch you for it (You kan test this in training mode by recording the knockdown then timing a meaty, and then playing it back. Try to change your wake up timing. The komputer never does this and does it as fast as possible.)
yeah that's true but orbs prevent her from chipping you to death! and you have to oh teleport sometimes too!!!once you get that life lead its all good ill take chip damage, but eventually im going to make a read and punish that slut... once you get familiar with the mu you will see what im saying!!!!yeah I don't stuff her wake ups but it is and option!!! but definitely one of my least options.. 6-4 mmh for sure

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
yeah that's true but orbs prevent her from chipping you to death! and you have to oh teleport sometimes too!!!once you get that life lead its all good ill take chip damage, but eventually im going to make a read and punish that slut... once you get familiar with the mu you will see what im saying!!!!yeah I don't stuff her wake ups but it is and option!!! but definitely one of my least options.. 6-4 mmh for sure
Haha.. Yeah but she does have a reflect. She has answers to your answers so I'm like whatever about it. If she loses fine, if it's even, that's fine too.

I doubt I'll ever play that match up in a long enough set though.

PS: Krayzie said it was in Martian's favor too at SCR.

Blind_Ducky

blind ducky in the zod mu what do you think would happen if the zod player had consistent headh.eight zodball spam??? (and knew the other intricacies of the match, like sometimes mb lasering on block for the pushback after a blocked push, so you can zone or trait summon) I know that raven cannot reflect zod ball spam really because she will eat another ball if she does
I have no idea. Probably better than most because of her walk speed.