What's new

Match-up Discussion Ducky's Raven MU Chart

Glass Sword

Nobody
I more or less expected it to be unstickied but it's not outdated. I update it all the time.
Regardless I feel that sticky threads should be for 2 things.
1. Active Discussion threads
2. Important Tech and guides - Which I am going to work on synthesizing into a large master sticky.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Regardless I feel that sticky threads should be for 2 things.
1. Active Discussion threads
2. Important Tech and guides - Which I am going to work on synthesizing into a large master sticky.
I'm not disagreeing with the sticky thing. Like I said I expected this to be unstickied, only reason I stickied it was because it was funny.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Do people still think Raven/Aquaman is 5-5. Imo this is one of Aquaman's few losing MU's. Especially if you win the stage select. Obviously AM is great and you have to be careful of Trident Rush, but it feels a lot easier than almost every 5-5 commonly accepted.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
Do people still think Raven/Aquaman is 5-5. Imo this is one of Aquaman's few losing MU's. Especially if you win the stage select. Obviously AM is great and you have to be careful of Trident Rush, but it feels a lot easier than almost every 5-5 commonly accepted.
I know he can keep her at bay with From the Deep and the range on his normals are good, which probably makes it still even.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Welp. I'm calling it now, Raven beats Batman.
Yep. I completely agree. All she has to do is walk back and he has to play her game and be ridiculously patient to close space. Even then, it's difficult to keep trait and get your game going.

How bad, would you say? 7-3?
6-4?

Blind_Ducky

Yep. I completely agree. All she has to do is walk back and he has to play her game and be ridiculously patient to close space. Even then, it's difficult to keep trait and get your game going.

How bad, would you say? 7-3?
6-4?
It's 6-4

Blind_Ducky

5-5 or 6-4 Aqua.

Blind_Ducky

@Blind_Man can you explain the Shazam, Lobo, or WoWo number please. Been struggling against these lately.
Sorry, stupid tag thing didn't alert me. Shazam gets raped by ravens zoning. He doesn't have anything to interrupt it so he just has to deal with it by dashing in. If you knock him down and he does a wake up teleport you can time a soul crush or pull to punish it on recovery. On knockdown he pretty much rapes Raven but that's hard for him to get in.

Wonder Woman is basically the same thing, except ia torpedo gets her in after a blocked crush. Until she blocks it, she has to deal with ravens zoning. On knockdown she gets killed, Wonder Woman also can outfootsie Raven. I just zone her and stuff. Also knockdown shenanigans like the cross up/non cross up work on her. It'll beat out her wake ups. Also Forward dash nj is good too.

Lobo is the only character who can dash through pillar to crush and block it, sooooo trait is kind of useless. Lobo outfootsies Raven and kills her on knockdown because he's got 40 different things to guess between. He also can get screwe by ravens knockdown stuff but high shot kind of messes it up. It's weird. I can tell you more about it later today once I can get on injustice.

If there's anything specific about each match up that's bothering you that I didn't help with, let me know and I'll try to give you a solution.

Also I'm going to update my chart soon.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Sorry, stupid tag thing didn't alert me. Shazam gets raped by ravens zoning. He doesn't have anything to interrupt it so he just has to deal with it by dashing in. If you knock him down and he does a wake up teleport you can time a soul crush or pull to punish it on recovery. On knockdown he pretty much rapes Raven but that's hard for him to get in.

Wonder Woman is basically the same thing, except ia torpedo gets her in after a blocked crush. Until she blocks it, she has to deal with ravens zoning. On knockdown she gets killed, Wonder Woman also can outfootsie Raven. I just zone her and stuff. Also knockdown shenanigans like the cross up/non cross up work on her. It'll beat out her wake ups. Also Forward dash nj is good too.

Lobo is the only character who can dash through pillar to crush and block it, sooooo trait is kind of useless. Lobo outfootsies Raven and kills her on knockdown because he's got 40 different things to guess between. He also can get screwe by ravens knockdown stuff but high shot kind of messes it up. It's weird. I can tell you more about it later today once I can get on injustice.

If there's anything specific about each match up that's bothering you that I didn't help with, let me know and I'll try to give you a solution.

Also I'm going to update my chart soon.
Great info, thanks.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just from a standpoint of someone who doesn't play either character I can tell you need to keep her out hella long when she gets 1 mixup that is worth in damage 30 seconds of your zoning without you having a comeback factor and extremely inferior corner game. Her mobility is also ridiculous.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Just from a standpoint of someone who doesn't play either character I can tell you need to keep her out hella long when she gets 1 mixup that is worth in damage 30 seconds of your zoning without you having a comeback factor and extremely inferior corner game. Her mobility is also ridiculous.
I'm not asking how to play the MU I'm asking how on earth he thinks it's 3-7 lol always felt even to me

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
After being directed to face a top Lobo on tym, I take back all my prior Raven/Lobo comments and agree with the 4-6 completely.

Controller throwing type of MU and definitely isn't a possible 5-5 like I argued in the past. The 4-6 sounds right. Tough one too.

EDIT: Yea that Batgirl number looks a little shaky lol.