What's new

Does anyone here play Pokemon competitively?

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
Even with team preview he let his extremespeed user die and tried to rapid spin jellicent, what is this madness?

Good riolu sweep though, ive been caught once or twice by people using this tactic, its filth but theres alot of speedy priority users (or just protect users) that will rinse this tactic. Good game though knowledge is power and in this case the other guy just didnt see it coming.
Yeah it's a complete gimmick but very satisfying.
If everything doesn't go 100% as planned I forfeit lol

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeah it's a complete gimmick but very satisfying.
If everything doesn't go 100% as planned I forfeit lol
Try using Thunderus for a prankster user in ubers, you can get priority taunt and paralysis aswell as hitting like a truck with thunder with his massive sp.Attack .

Is good typing for people who can lay spikes down and really helps shut down hazard users. Once your done with the hazard threat on your side you have no problem against spinners with your ghosts and setting the sweep up should go down a charm.

Shamwow0w0w

Try using Thunderus for a prankster user in ubers, you can get priority taunt and paralysis aswell as hitting like a truck with thunder with his massive sp.Attack .

Is good typing for people who can lay spikes down and really helps shut down hazard users. Once your done with the hazard threat on your side you have no problem against spinners with your ghosts and setting the sweep up should go down a charm.
That's definitely a good idea! Goodbye Gengar.. lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
my fave pokemon to run are

gengar@black sludge

252 speed 252 hp +speed nature

sub
hypnosis
destiny bond
shadow ball

so fucking good

and

gyarados @ leftovers+intimidate
252 hp 168 def 80 sp def,jolly nature

sub
DD
ice fang
waterfall

immune to status,dragon killer,outspeeds jolteon at +1,cripples atk reliant pokes

STB Sgt Reed try these

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
That's definitely a good idea! Goodbye Gengar.. lol
Im not sure how well it would go, but another really good prankster user is Sableye. Ghost/Dark typing is insane for it.

You can taunt, recover, sunnyday/rain (to stop sandstorm killing riolu). I wouldnt bother overly with Will o wisp as you have plenty of physical
defense and also are using toxic spikes, so maybe you can use a iron ball + trick to slow down fast pokemon, giving your other pokemon a chance to get a free hazard down should you get killed soon after, adding to riolus sweep power.

you need to take into account the pokemon that can use priority against you (extremespeed mainly) and find something to shut them down, so if you can pull it off, using trick + http://www.smogon.com/bw/items/iron_ball you can make dragonite and rayquaza alot less of a threat when they can suddenly eat spikes and stealth rock from roar, you should be able to survive an extremespeed with your sash and roar them back out, hopefully landing the kill next time around.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
hydreigon is not as good as latwins+haxorus

metagross doesnt hold a candle to scizor and genesect
Hydreigon has different roles altogether than those dragons. And he's certainly not that lackluster.

Same with Metagross.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I have never touched a single Pokemon game in my life other than the original Pokemon Blue/Red for a combined total of 5 minutes. So to answer your questions about whether I play it competitively - Hell No.

I'm down for a UU tournament as well. I'll be the TO LOL

1. Xavier Pendragon
2. FrothyOmen

I'll put a bracket on challonge once I get 8 people.
Gengar THTB Z-911-Z OmegaK smokey ??????

I would really appreciate it if you don't run stupid bullshit like serene grace togekiss/celebi and stuff like that... just use stuff that requires you to play well and make good reads instead of haxing people to death. I'm not gonna stop you, but that shit is so lame imo

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I havent played since like 2 months back, im not going to make a UU team for this, and if i did you can guarantee its filled with lots of haxxing bullshit, sorry dude!

Xavier Pendragon

Eternal Champion
I'm down for a UU tournament as well. I'll be the TO LOL

1. Xavier Pendragon
2. FrothyOmen

I'll put a bracket on challonge once I get 8 people.
Gengar THTB Z-911-Z OmegaK smokey ??????

I would really appreciate it if you don't run stupid bullshit like serene grace togekiss/celebi and stuff like that... just use stuff that requires you to play well and make good reads instead of haxing people to death. I'm not gonna stop you, but that shit is so lame imo
Don't worry, I don't resort to that (I do have some troll teams, but I won't use them.)

Shamwow0w0w

Riolu is really stupid. Copycat w/Roar? How is that legal?
Protect/Extreme Speed/Mach Punch/Shadow Sneak/Prankster/Etc completely destroy it.

Edit: Entry hazards stop it as well because you need the focus sash to get the first roar. Or using a burn/poison/leech seed.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
sandstorm or burns kill it, anything that breaks its sash kills its (hazards), leech seed kills it, priority kills it.

its a gimmick, but with the right conditions filled out its a nice sweeper.
Yeah I think i'll stick with the UU.

FrothyOmen .... Who do you suggest for a better wall than blastoise? He covers a lot of my teams weaknesses. =/
Something that isn't hella free to earthquake. 4/6 of your team gets raped by that move alone. Your only bet is something physically bulky with levitate, for the most part... Dusclops, mayhaps? Jellicent would be perfect but it's in OU meaning you can't use it in UU.

BTW do you want to sign up for the 8-man tournament that I'll hopefully be organizing this weekend?