What's new

Does anyone here play Pokemon competitively?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Yeah, I've seen this around a lot (not here) and wondered if anyone played here.
I was told to play at Showdown http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby and it's pretty fun, even though I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. But building the team I used as a kid is fun, so I'm doing that.

Anyone want to play? I'm DragonPick there if you ever want to battle.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
man, I don't know anything about pokemon besides a few of the types that beat others...

EVs, abilities, items, nature...

all over my head. lolz

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
man, I don't know anything about pokemon besides a few of the types that beat others...

EVs, abilities, items, nature...
EVs are special stat modifiers that you can add onto your Pokemon. Just press the Suggested Spread button in the Stats section after you choose four moves and the game will do it for you, so don't worry about that.

Ability gives the Pokemon special effects. When you look up abilities, just check out what they say next to it.
Items give your pokemon a boost after every round, like how I was recovering health in that one match. I had the item Leftovers equipped (an awesome item)

That other link I put up, type the name of the pokemon into the search bar and it will give you some bnb settings and strategies for the pokemon. Just make sure to choose the B/W section.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm not doing UU or w/e... if I can't have charizard, I ain't playing it. lol
Charizard is bottom tier/NU. He's actually really bad.

-Fire/Flying = good luck doing anything when SR's up, because that's 50% every time you switch in.
-Average attacking stats in a metagame that's generally big on hitting hard
-Low defenses means it won't be taking hits well
-Non-Fighting priority kills it

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Charizard is bottom tier/NU. He's actually really bad.

-Fire/Flying = good luck doing anything when SR's up, because that's 50% every time you switch in.
-Average attacking stats in a metagame that's generally big on hitting hard
-Low defenses means it won't be taking hits well
-Non-Fighting priority kills it
I play Sub... I give no fucks.

Charizard is my favorite. :)

That's for the advice though. My team is gonna get raped, but oh well... I picked my favorites.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Do you know every game or something
Lol I wish. I've been keeping up with Pokemon since the Netbattle days. Charizard used to be pretty decent in GSC and RSE/FRLG. SR killed off anything double-weak to Rock.

Also, just play standard/OU. You can make really viable teams in OU. Pokemon is a sandbox game competitively.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Qwark28
DragonPick
THTB

Are there any other pokemon that you can use in UU that aren't listed in the UU list? I don't like any more of them and I need 2 more. lol

Edit: hmm, ... I think I may have a team. we'll give it a try.

Sorry for being a noob. lolz