What's new

Does anyone here play Pokemon competitively?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You know what? Game Freak needs to make a super bulky support dragon for OU. Hell, they just need to make good defensive Pokémon in general.
I quite like Multiscale Dragonite in that role, with t-wave, dragon tail and Roost, its hard to get rid of (unless there's stealth rocks lol)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
except as a fighting game player i havent seen a move that can one hit almost the whole ou metagame, even cyrax needs to land that net, not drop the combo and bleed me dry to kill me but he might still not be able to.

im waiting for iron barbs and rocky helmet ferrothorn

wrote subzero isntead of ferrothorn lmao
I'm waiting for iron barbs and rocky helmet Sub Zero too! :p

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
no cool pokemon have that move besides like... blastoise. =/
I beg to differ! Theres tons of pokemon *not enough though* that can rapid spin, it is a good part of the meta game, theres also magic bounce/coat that swings things a bit differently...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I beg to differ! Theres tons of pokemon *not enough though* that can rapid spin, it is a good part of the meta game, theres also magic bounce/coat that swings things a bit differently...
I know there are quite a bit, but I don't like those pokemon and therefor won't use them. lol

I play who I like, not who's the best (which generally means, I end up using the same pokemon a lot)... see my sig for an MK reference. :p

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I know there are quite a bit, but I don't like those pokemon and therefor won't use them. lol

I play who I like, not who's the best (which generally means, I end up using the same pokemon a lot)... see my sig for an MK reference. :p
Think more bout the team, come up with some creative sets, try to use your favourites to counter common threats in the tier (scizor, haxxorus, keldeo, therian formes, genesect) once you get a bit of a feel for what your up against you can start filling the holes in your team!

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The solution is simple. Ban Stealth Rock altogether on all tiers so that move doesn't push me to early retirement...which it's going to soon enough...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Think more bout the team, come up with some creative sets, try to use your favourites to counter common threats in the tier (scizor, haxxorus, keldeo, therian formes, genesect) once you get a bit of a feel for what your up against you can start filling the holes in your team!
Don't really play OU, too many OP pokemon. :p

I had a really good team in UU the last time I played, but since the game doesn't remember my teams... I totally forgot who I used. lol

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Don't really play OU, too many OP pokemon. :p

I had a really good team in UU the last time I played, but since the game doesn't remember my teams... I totally forgot who I used. lol
In OU i dont think there is much thats OP as such, just needs a strong counter.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The solution is simple. Ban Stealth Rock altogether on all tiers so that move doesn't push me to early retirement...which it's going to soon enough...
Stealth Rock is a big reason why some Pokémon aren't too broken for standard play. Could you imagine Salamence after the physical/special split with no SR? Or Tornadus/Thundurus-T? It hurts a lot of Pokémon, but it helps keep some Pokémon in check. It's an entry hazard that actually affects a number of Pokemon, which is the weaker points of spikes and TS...there are Pokémon that give fuck all to them, and a number of them are common Pokémon.

Also OU is full of OP shit. It's basically the Pokémon version of what Slips says about Tekken...everything has their brand of bullshit. Which is why Kyurem-B can come out of Ubers and not affect much.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
LBSH, stealth rock is mandatory for any team, theres so many threats it andles that otherwise are a fucking pain to take out and leaves powerful shit in 1hk0 range

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
THTB DragonPick smokey

Ok, so I've got the following as a team:

Cofagrigus: Leftovers, Mummy, Trick Room Special Sweeper
Empoleon: Leftovers, Torrent, Stealk Rock and physical defense
Krookodile: Choice Scarf, Moxie
Honchkrow: Life Orb, Moxie, Physical sweeper
Snorlax: Leftovers, Thick Fat, special defense
Arcanine: Life Orb, Intimidate, offensive move set

I'm doing fairly well with it. 3-1 so far and my rating has gone from 1000 to 1465.

Yet, I'm not entirely sure who to lead off with. Been going with Empoleon for the stealth rock. Any suggestions on a lead?

And the team I had trouble with was one that threw out toxic spikes, stealth rock, spikes, and leech seed. =/

Maybe I should drop one for a spinner or something. IDK, how would you guys make this team better?

THTB

THTB DragonPick smokey

Ok, so I've got the following as a team:

Cofagrigus: Leftovers, Mummy, Trick Room Special Sweeper
Empoleon: Leftovers, Torrent, Stealk Rock and physical defense
Krookodile: Choice Scarf, Moxie
Honchkrow: Life Orb, Moxie, Physical sweeper
Snorlax: Leftovers, Thick Fat, special defense
Arcanine: Life Orb, Intimidate, offensive move set

I'm doing fairly well with it. 3-1 so far and my rating has gone from 1000 to 1465.

Yet, I'm not entirely sure who to lead off with. Been going with Empoleon for the stealth rock. Any suggestions on a lead?

And the team I had trouble with was one that threw out toxic spikes, stealth rock, spikes, and leech seed. =/

Maybe I should drop one for a spinner or something. IDK, how would you guys make this team better?
Maybe drop Krookodile for a spinner?

TR Cof will have synergy with Snorlax for sweeping, and with Empoleon for getting SR up. But that's pretty much it. It's not worth it for the rest of your team.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Maybe drop Krookodile for a spinner?

TR Cof will have synergy with Snorlax for sweeping, and with Empoleon for getting SR up. But that's pretty much it. It's not worth it for the rest of your team.
So, no on Cof for a lead?

Without Krookodile, how do I defend against electric?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Rocks are fucking gay, they need to be banned. Spikes and Toxic spikes are okay, but Stealth rock annihilates certain pokemon.

*Coming from a guy who played competitive pokemanz since second gen.*

THTB

Rocks are fucking gay, they need to be banned. Spikes and Toxic spikes are okay, but Stealth rock annihilates certain pokemon.

*Coming from a guy who played competitive pokemanz since second gen.*
If there were no rocks, you'd have to ban so many Pokemon lol.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
If there were no rocks, you'd have to ban so many Pokemon lol.
No, they were just be more tiers/ better balancing which we really need right now, IMO I think bringing Kyurem-B to ou and Genesect to ubers is just silly.