What's new

Does anyone here play Pokemon competitively?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Omfg Kyurem-B is being tested. And it looks like he's underwhelming in terms of contribution to OU.

If he gets brought down to OU, my faith in the Pokemon community will be 100% restored.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Omfg Kyurem-B is being tested. And it looks like he's underwhelming in terms of contribution to OU.

If he gets brought down to OU, my faith in the Pokemon community will be 100% restored.
just no, just because somethings too weak for ubers doesnt mean it wont fuck shit up in ou

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
As a fighting game player you should be willing to embrace the broken shit. Then again, you do play Sub-Zero
except as a fighting game player i havent seen a move that can one hit almost the whole ou metagame, even cyrax needs to land that net, not drop the combo and bleed me dry to kill me but he might still not be able to.

im waiting for iron barbs and rocky helmet ferrothorn

wrote subzero isntead of ferrothorn lmao

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I remember when normal Kyurem was brought down to UU cause everyone was like "LolIceType", then he fucked shit up and people were like "OhFuckKyuremOUNao". This might be similar, but we'll have to see how it goes.

Kyurem's BL right now... essentially shit tier in OU and broken tier in UU. Curious where he'll end up as the metagame shifts more... doubtful he'll go to UU though (sadly)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol choice scarf ha xorus genesect rotom, rape team with general damage and switches then bring in scarf/band kyurem b to clean up with 70% min outrages with scarf

not broken at all, legit stff.

THTB

just no, just because somethings too weak for ubers doesnt mean it wont fuck shit up in ou
Of course not. But there's a lot of arguments that are being made that is making it very likely he'll be OU. The only argument is that he's being banned on principle, which is stupid, considering the power creep in BW2 pretty much is the reason Pokemon like Deoxys-D ended up DROPPING to OU.

Kyurem-B hits hard as fuck and has good D, but it has a lot of problems that can be exploited in OU. Its coverage is ass...Outrage may be basically the only attack it needs vs most, but it gets plugged up hard by Steel-types. It's defensive stats are good, but its typing is awful simply because of Ice, which also makes it SR weak. And at 95 base speed, it gets outsped pretty hard. There are solid checks and likely even counters to it that exists in OU. The biggest thing it adds is the ability to deal with the stupidity that is Genesect, and also is strong vs rain, as well as boosts hail's viability...otherwise he's not even destructive to the metagame. In a lot of aspects, he helps.

I'm all for the unban because LBSH, OU fucking sucks. It needs some excitement in its life. So what you have to prepare for it? You have to prepare for weather in general.

If anything needs a nerf, it's weather mechanics. Some of that shit should not be as powerful as it is. It's absurd.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Kyurem B hits hard but its still taken out by common threats (scizor comes to mind) its got no decent stab ice attacks other than the 2 hit attack, meaning power herb is needed for bolt/beam support attacks, losing out on that band outrage (or lum) that you desire.

With Genesect, Therian formes and now Garchomp and KB in the bracket its going to be rough, but exciting!

THTB

This is serious shit...... and THTB is like the godfather of pokemon. He needs to change his tag here to Prof. THTB
Charlie pls...I jack my information from Smogon XD.

But yeah, I think the Pokemon community is slowly realizing exactly how fucked up their game is now, and how much stuff would actually balance their standard metagame if they allowed it. It's great to see...wouldn't be surprised if some things get allowed into OU. Apparently, Lugia is suspect worthy.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Apparently, Lugia is suspect worthy.
Great Wall Lugia, oh how i dont want you in OU. Dual Screens + Whirlwind. This tiers not got anything that can hit it hard enough. I think they are realising how powerful pokes/teams now ruin the stall element of the meta and so are trying to bring some defensive pivots down from ubers (deoxys wtf)

I like the idea, but fuck if i dont see Great Wall lugia dual screening every Genesect sweep then im just going to have to make it happen myself!

THTB

Great Wall Lugia, oh how i dont want you in OU. Dual Screens + Whirlwind. This tiers not got anything that can hit it hard enough. I think they are realising how powerful pokes/teams now ruin the stall element of the meta and so are trying to bring some defensive pivots down from ubers (deoxys wtf)

I like the idea, but fuck if i dont see Great Wall lugia dual screening every Genesect sweep then im just going to have to make it happen myself!
If Lugia made it down to OU, I'd forever love the Smogon community.

THTB

You know what? Game Freak needs to make a super bulky support dragon for OU. Hell, they just need to make good defensive Pokémon in general.