What's new

Do you think ultra street fighter is a good idea

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Lol The point wasnt the value of a dollar here pops, the point was, is it right we're paying for two things most already own? sfxt characters and street fighter 4......

If you want to be the sheep that throws any amount of money into the executives over at capcoms pockets, then be my guest, like I said wasnt the point lol
We're not paying for two things we already own. We're paying for a rebalanced Street Fighter 4 plus 5 new characters. Yes, the models are in SFxT, but those characters are not in SF4. They need to imported and fit into the SF4 engine balance-wise.

I'm an adult. I do programming for a living. I understand the costs of development, the whole SDLC and the logistics of both digital and physical nationwide distribution. When I'm not at work, I LOVE playing SF4. I'm happy to throw what is essentially $0 to Capcom for rebalance and new characters.

Capcom has supported this game for years and years now, continually balancing it and adding new content. This community would be losing their mind if NRS did that for MK9. If liking Capcom for that makes me a sheep, then sign me up. Again, no offense to you meant by this - just my two cents.

The company keeps supporting what I think is a good game = I'm happy to throw them a few bucks for it.

Neclord

Noob
We're not paying for two things we already own. We're paying for a rebalanced Street Fighter 4 plus 5 new characters. Yes, the models are in SFxT, but those characters are not in SF4. They need to imported and fit into the SF4 engine balance-wise.

I'm an adult. I do programming for a living. I understand the costs of development, the whole SDLC and the logistics of both digital and physical nationwide distribution. When I'm not at work, I LOVE playing SF4. I'm happy to throw what is essentially $0 to Capcom for rebalance and new characters.

Capcom has supported this game for years and years now, continually balancing it and adding new content. This community would be losing their mind if NRS did that for MK9. If liking Capcom for that makes me a sheep, then sign me up. Again, no offense to you meant by this - just my two cents.

The company keeps supporting what I think is a good game = I'm happy to throw them a few bucks for it.

Same here.
I think the majority of the people who complain about the Street Fighter updates are people who play the game very casually. Meaning that they play arcade mode most of the time and don't even touch multiplayer. So for them, I could probably understand their anger a bit. But for all the people who really are online warriors (like me), it is more than worth it. Because learning even one character takes several months and now we are getting 5 of them. Plus, the balance changes will make a lot of people switch characters, even if they aren't interested in any of the 5 new warriors.

If you are a multiplayer fan, the updates of SF4 are way more worth the money than any singleplayer game.

15 dollars every year/couple of years to support a game you love? I don't see a problem.

I wish Chromehounds did something like that if it ment keeping the servers alive.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Ye, moar expansions plz for this game until year 2015 when SF5 gets released.
We still need Sodom, Birdie, Charlie and Alex for this game.
Keep going Capcom lol!
I expect to see some weird and funny Poison moments when Ultra drops, sir! =)

elegie

Noob
Ye, moar expansions plz for this game until year 2015 when SF5 gets released.
We still need Sodom, Birdie, Charlie and Alex for this game.
Keep going Capcom lol!
Karin needs to be in another SF, I want her in more than anybody. Those others would be cool, though Charlie is kind of redundant since Guile is already in the game, unless they really altered him.

d3v

SRK
To everyone complaining about the SFxT characters,
You idiots do realize that the only reason we're getting new characters is because Capcom doesn't have the money to fund a free update Also, creating art assets for a character costs money. The 5th new character is probably costing them at least (and this is a conservative estimate) half a million dollars, maybe even more - and that's before testing and balancing.

Also, SFxT and SFIV are very different games. SFxT is a very footsie oriented game, SFIV is more about good oki since footsies and the ground game overall isn't a strong (due to weak hitboxes and good defensive options). This pretty much guarantees that the characters will play differently.

d3v

SRK
They are money hungry. Look at what they did to resident evil. They blew off their original, less profitable fanbase(survival horror) for the more profitable action fanbase once it was established action titles sell more than survival horror. But I do believe with fighting games, updates are somewhat necessary to keep new players coming in. But it has to be perfectly timed. Too soon(mvc3 to umvc3) and you piss off the casuals. Too late or never(mk9) and you end up with whatever state the game is in and barely any new players.
Never is best.

MvC2 is still one of the greatest competitive fighting games ever made despite having no updates whatsoever. Meanwhile the OG FGC gave Capcom the finger and continued to play the original reviaions of CvS2 and 3rd Strike, rejecting attempts to update the game.

Sent from a ditch using NachophiliaTalk. Yes, the sauce is hot when I stick it in.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Never played any version of SFIV, so I'm getting this. I'm playing Dhalsim. Always has been my favorite SF character.