What's new

Do you think ultra street fighter is a good idea

I know the sf4 engine is highly revered for its balance and gameplay and the constant balancing patches and versions, but 3 different variations and a few characters each for way more money? I mean capcom does so many good games but do they strike anyone else as money hungry, I know a lot of people hate capcom for that reason, like the on disc dlc they charged us for on sfxt lol. But does anyone else have a different opinion to shed some light on maybe a reason other than money capcom does this lol

USF4 trailer:

Price plan:

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
they do it because of the demand. theres no money without demand. i want the characters and i haven't played street fighter seriously since MK was released, but this will get me back into the game. so theres your answer, people like me think its a good idea and will pay to play it.

I do wish Sf5 would have been announced by now for next gen but oh well, at least sf4 is pretty fun and with the addition of 5 new characters and balances, it should feel like somewhat of a new game again. My main concern tho is if this will work on next gen seeing as its an early 2014 release.

I will spit on your tomb!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It looks like they are trying to salvage anything they can from SFxT.

How about UMK9, with all the Injustice characters backported into it?

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Didn't it say that there is a DLC option for $14.99 instead of buying the whole game again?

Thats not too bad for 5 characters and some more stuff.

It's a great idea and NRS should seriously take some notes.

MK9 with a bunch of new characters, a ton of balance changes, a better practice mode, new stages, new modes and new features. I would pay full price for it.

Down the line they should do it for Injustice too but obviously it's way too early for that.

That said Ultra SF4 is a fishy title and it's being really lazy with the whole SFxT copy/paste. I know they say it's not just a straight port but come on. We all know it's lazy and we know they're doing that to save some money/maximize profit. It's shameless but still acceptable and still a great way to keep a game alive and fresh.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Of course, it is all about the money. Capcom is a corporation.

The bad news is that 4 out of the 5 characters are already in Street Fighter x Tekken (i.e., copy/paste as Vulcan Hades says).

The good news is that Capcom has consulted professional players from regions around the world to create a more balanced fighting game.

I will buy this add-on because I respect this approach unlike the NRS one, which consists of listening to angry online scrubs' twitter rants and patching the game every month.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
When Capcom does it, their money hungry.

But NRS should do it, and that would be awesome.

Logic of the ignorant.

Sent from The Turk

I know right?

If a new version of MK9 came out every year, most of this forum would jump for joy.

I can understand why casual fans of FG's would be against it, but for more serious players, yearly releases are fantastic.
You're going to be playing that game for 100's if not 1000's of hours, whats another 40 to 60 bucks? Most people pay 60 for a new game and play it for 12 hours and put it on shelf and never touch it again.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I know the sf4 engine is highly revered for its balance and gameplay and the constant balancing patches and versions, but 3 different variations and a few characters each for way more money? I mean capcom does so many good games but do they strike anyone else as money hungry, I know a lot of people hate capcom for that reason, like the on disc dlc they charged us for on sfxt lol. But does anyone else have a different opinion to shed some light on maybe a reason other than money capcom does this lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

crossover rpg project try demo https://rapidshare.com/files/3019243761/Project2.exe

No I don't type my sig out every time
IF NRS would be doing this... MK9 would still be alive and well in tournaments. Capcom know what they are doing. Look at EVO.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
5 characters for about the same amount of money for a season pass?
Sounds alright I guess, but if you have to pay for the patches it's bullshit.

Even if they are all transfers from SFxT it's not the world's worst idea, apparently the 5th has never been in a SF game before or something? (It's SCORPION!).

IDK, all the stuff that Capcom pulls with DLC is a bit arsey, but this is probably the least shady thing they've done, at least it's DLC available for all versions of the game (side-eying the shit out of you UMvC3).

I mean if they ported 5 characters from MK Armageddon into MK9 + a patch, and it was available as an update (or a second complete edition... okay this analogy doesn't really work but) would you say no to it?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
5 characters for about the same amount of money for a season pass?
Sounds alright I guess, but if you have to pay for the patches it's bullshit.

Even if they are all transfers from SFxT it's not the world's worst idea, apparently the 5th has never been in a SF game before or something? (It's SCORPION!).

IDK, all the stuff that Capcom pulls with DLC is a bit arsey, but this is probably the least shady thing they've done, at least it's DLC available for all versions of the game (side-eying the shit out of you UMvC3).

I mean if they ported 5 characters from MK Armageddon into MK9 + a patch, and it was available as an update (or a second complete edition... okay this analogy doesn't really work but) would you say no to it?

With Super to AE you did have to pay to get the update, if you didn't, you just played with other people that didn't have it, and it was just SSF4.
AE to AE2012 it was free, but that was only a patch, no new characters.
If I was a betting man, I would say you will have to buy the update to use the patch.

I don't know if the retail version is a good idea. The masses will refuse to buy the "same game" two or three times. Also Capcom's reputation as of late has really hurt it's game sales, RE6, the new DMC, SFXT and many other games didn't meet their sales expectations

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
If I didn't already own SFxT, I would consider it. I just don't enjoy Capcom games enough to own two of them on a single console generation, however.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
If I was a betting man, I would say you will have to buy the update to use the patch.
And this is basically where my problem with Capcom starts and ends (everyone does on disk DLC so it's not a huge deal for me).

They are sort of holding the game you bought ransom in my eyes... or at least the online/tournament scene for it. Either pay more or stop playing. Title updates shouldn't have to break the game I have, but I can see why they don't do it... if they did a compatibility pack people would hack it to get the characters free.

Also Capcom's reputation as of late has really hurt it's game sales, RE6, the new DMC, SFXT and many other games didn't meet their sales expectations.
+ not releasing a goddamn Megaman game. 3 cancelled Megamans. 3!

They are money hungry. Look at what they did to resident evil. They blew off their original, less profitable fanbase(survival horror) for the more profitable action fanbase once it was established action titles sell more than survival horror. But I do believe with fighting games, updates are somewhat necessary to keep new players coming in. But it has to be perfectly timed. Too soon(mvc3 to umvc3) and you piss off the casuals. Too late or never(mk9) and you end up with whatever state the game is in and barely any new players.

I think the FGC needs to grow up. You kids whine way to much. You don't hear blizzard game players crying when blizzard releases an expansion packs for their games. Personally growing up I always thought it was awesome when they released expansions. I remember as a child I cried Cus EB was sold out of the quake 1 mission packs lol. If you don't want the new content don't buy it, capcom isn't a fucking charity make a wish foundation.

I will buy this add-on because I respect this approach unlike the NRS one, which consists of listening to angry online scrubs' twitter rants and patching the game every month.
Well, Capcom also listens to suggestions from online scrubs (capcom unity).

The big difference I think is that they have people like Combofiend at the end who either approves a balance change or shuts it down. So they have knowledgeable and unbiased people who filter the nerfs and buffs to make sure nothing too crazy gets through.

The other big difference is QA testing. NRS seems to often release unfinished content and uses the players as beta testers. While Capcom is known for delivering quality and virtually bug free content.

SteveRod92

Stevezam!!! :P
For people who never played SFxT and only play SF4 this is great news! I didn't find it too amazing since I have played SFxT, and seeing that 4 of the new characters were just characters brought from SFxT I didn't care too much. Still need to buy this game since all my past fighting games I brought were on Xbox!!!! :confused: